Sheraton Hanoi Hotel
  • Pool
  • Pool
Tay Ho(Hanoi)
1,613 results
All reviewswest lakethe club loungespg platinumfree shuttleold quarterbit datedlake viewquiet areabreakfast buffetan upgradefitness centertaxi rideupgraded to a suitetravel deskhotel is locatedhalong baythe hustle and bustle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2014

If you don't expect too much Vietnamese character but want an efficiently run typical Sheraton, this hotel is fine. It is slightly outside the old quarter but taxis aren't expensive so that isn't a big thing. The rooms are okay, typical Sheraton but reliable. The beds are good, the air conditioning works, the marble bathrooms are large but the shower has too small a ledge for putting enough toiletries. The off lobby restaurant hasn't got much charm but serves a good buffet breakfast.
The executive lounge has views of the lake and serves some good evening snacks and desserts. When I was there it was full of coughing guests so be careful. There is a little gazebo and garden near the pool.
Arranged transport via the tour desk to Halong Bay. The so called 7 seater Ford they gave us was a bit cramped for 3 in the rear seat so if you are larger make sure you know what kind of car they are giving you.

It isn't the most up to date looking hotel in town and the crowd isn't chic but it's a reliable choice if you get a good rate.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
tetsish, General Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear phdtravel,
Thank you for your feedback. I have sent your comments to the relevant departments concerned. We are looking into improving the hotel in stages. I will also ensure the travel desk will convey clear information out to the guest.
Should your future travels bring you back to Hanoi again, please do not hesitate to contact me, sashi.kumar@sheraton.com and I will be more than happy to welcome you back.

Thank you.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The last leg in our month long honeymoon and honestly this hotel turned out to be an absolute treasure. We essentially used this hotel as our 'home away from home' travelling from here up to Sa Pa and back, and then out to Ha Long Bay and back again as well. What will probably seem a fairly standard Sheraton affair to many was greatly appreciated by us!
Flying in from Hoi An on a red-eye flight, we spent almost an entire day in the Sheraton without leaving (exhaustion finally caught up with us after 3 weeks). The facilities were spread out enough for us to not feel 'cabin fevered' and the rooms are more than generous also. There are even aerobics classes in the gym in the evenings...if you can understand Vietnamese! (we stuck to the machines).
A trip to Sa Pa followed and again were welcomed back and upgraded to an executive suite so that we could shower, sleep and use the complimentary wifi & top floor Club Lounge. With our subsequent 3-day trip to Ha Long Bay, we were also able to leave our larger bags with the hotel and take a smaller backpack for our junk boat trip. A big relief and much appreciated.
The last return to the Sheraton signalled the end of our honeymoon and as mentioned by others, what a delight it was to return to this far from the hustle and bustle of city life. We love the lunch time high tea at the restaurant across the courtyard (try the crepes, trust me), complimentary cocktails and tapas during happy hour (5.30-8pm!) and the comfy bed (trust me there have been a few slabs of concrete during the month).
Possibly the only tiny glitch was having no plug socket in the bathroom. I assume this has been commented on however with the addition of a large mirror over the desk and associated plug socket. A bit strange blow-drying my hair over the desk but husband was happy to have a bit of bathroom privacy for once!
For two tired travellers this was truly a lovely hotel to stay at. Although it did not come top of our list, it came pretty close. Would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mrs Stardust_77,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and also had a great honeymoon.

We look forward to welcoming both you and your husband again to the Sheraton Hanoi.

Thank you.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We visited Sheraton in December and will highly recommend this hotel. Our family of 7 was checked into the SPG floor with lake view. All of our family members enjoyed this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly. The breakfast buffet was good with a wide range of selections. The condition of the room was very luxurious and very clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
tetsish, Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear 08180326,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

It has been 3 years since my last stay at this hotel but to my surprise the hotel has been well maintained in such excellent conditions as it was before! The level of customer service has been kept up as well. Upon my checking in, Front desk supervisor immediately recognized me both as a returning guest and a Star Wood Gold member. He made the check in process as smooth and as pleasant as possible. i was offered a room that has the beautiful view of the West lake below and the most stunning sun set I ever witnessed! Room conditions met every aspect of a five star hotel-spacious, cozy, and luxurious! However, I have found the executive lounge benefits are not as great as other Sheraton elsewhere (out of Vietnam). First, as a Star wood gold, I was not offered complimentary executive lounge access. I had to pay 50 USD++ to use it! Second, the food there was nothing special! No sushi, no good pastry..just a few mediocre dishes! With that price, we could get a sumptuous buffet somewhere else! I found it a bit disappointed when the impression that I got was the hotel will find any opportunity possible to charge you! Besides that, staffs are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is not that far from Hanoi Old Quarter, so you can walk to most Hanoi's attractions if you want.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Mr Nathantran,

Thank you for your comments. We will work towards improving the club floor offerings and benfits to our guests. Overall, we are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Hanoi.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We really enjoy our stay in Sheraton Hanoi. The hotel is good and the staffs are really nice.
We are so lucky to have Mr Thanh (the receptionist of the hotel) he gave us much information about Hanoi and his Japanese is good!!! We hope that we will see him again if we come next time :)

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank rywlam

Dear "rywlam",
Thank you for comments on Mr Thanh. All our staffs are passionate to provide our guests a warm and comforting feeling. We are all happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Hanoi again.

Warm Regards,