“Very good hotel, need a renovation”

Sheraton Hanoi Hotel
Ranked #87 of 592 Hotels in Hanoi
Seattle, Washington
“Very good hotel, need a renovation”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I spend 3 nights here recently on a short business trip. The hotel is located next to West Lake (large urban lake in Hanoi). The hotel is good with attentive staff but the rooms are a little dated, the pool and tennis court need some cleaning and renovating.

The hotel is in a quiet area of Hanoi and situated on a good piece of land away from major roads.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank V H
tetsish, Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear "V H",

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Hanoi during your business travels. We are pleased to hear you like the location of the hotel. The staff are always ready to assist the guest and give a memorable experience as well. We have noted down on your comments and will at ways to improve. Thank you for your feedback. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Sheraton Hanoi.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Berkeley Vale
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Every single employee of Sheraton wanted me there... or that's how they all made me feel. Extremely helpful and courteous front of house, lovely fairly priced room and yummy breakfast. Every request including a pair of scissors! Was tended to by these beautiful people and pool is clean and private too.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dean M
Dear "deanmanwaring001",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Hanoi. We delighted to hear on the positive experience during your stay with us. Sheraton Hanoi is committed in providing top quality service to our guest. All our staff are trained and motivated in delivering such detailed service. We will warmly welcome you back to the Sheraton Hanoi on your next trip.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was really in the mood for a western style breakfast this morning. I thought if I'm having one decent western breakfast while I'm in Hanoi lets make it the best money can buy.

I decided on the Sheraton Hotel as the building is very impressive. The staff were friendly and attentive and the customer service was at a level I would expect for a large US hotel. (v. Good)

On entering the reception area you are greeted by a wonderful air conditioned ambiance.
The doors were opened by to staff before I could even touch it - great welcome!

However - the Breakfast Buffet was extremely poor value at around $25.

The omelette was made fresh but hardly impressive. The bacon was cold and very fatty the sausages were cold. I mean come on for $25? this is outrageous. (the baked beans were hot and very nice)

So Hot Breakfast FAIL - i decided I would go Continental - the cheese selection was around 4/5 tiny pieces of pretty unimpressive cheese - there was ham and some other unidentified meat which I decided to give a miss. I selected two boiled eggs and two nice looking rolls and headed back to my table where my cup of tea was waiting - hang on a min - the tea is luke warm? luke warm tea in a $25 buffet?

I cut into the roll and - oh dear stale rubber role. - I cracked the egg - stone cold and rock hard.

I wonder if the general manager has ever taken breakfast in the restaurant? or if hes even been in a western breakfast buffet? Does he even care? it would appear he has more important things to do than make sure the food is at the standard of a $25 breakfast in Hanoi (you can get breakfast in many places locally for less than $5)

for $5-6 this would be ok but frankly this is a rip off. The General Manager needs to get this sorted out - AVOID.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank markgy2k
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We arrived at the Sheraton very late after travelling from Sydney Australia .We had been travelling for over 15 hours .We were greeted with cold cloths and refreshing drinks .Cheak in was quick and easy and we we taken to our room. It's was very clean , large king bed with good air - conditioning . Bathroom was large with all the mode cons . It's nice and quiet has it's on the east lake side away from the hustle and bustle .Great breakfast with everything you could possible want and more .(Great cafe latte )Interesting ride into town with the free scuttle service .Man it's a eye opener with so many motor bikes on the road .Funny thing is they know what they are doing .Great customer service and nothing is ever a problem .Wonderful swimming pool to cool off in after shopping and slight seeing . Great hotel with fantastic prices .

Room Tip: Great customer service ,
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Woodsfamily169
tetsish, Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear "Woodsfamily169",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Hanoi. We are delighted to hear you had a pleasant experience during your recent stay with us. The Sheraton Hanoi is committed to providing all our guest a warm and comforting stay. We also happy to read, you enjoyed your holiday hear in Hanoi. Should your future travels bring you back to Hanoi, we will be more than happy to warmly welcome you back to Sheraton Hanoi.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed with Sheraton Hanoi for four nights at beginning of July, 2014. As an intensive traveler (a SPG platinum member), I have met many SPG crews in the world. I was 100% convinced that Sheraton Hanoi was one of the best Starwood hotels I had stayed in term of hospitality offered.

Many thanks to the staffs whom I met during my stay: Mr. Vinh, Mr. Anh, Mr. Cong Nguyen, Ms Hang Bui, Ms. Giang, Ms. Linh Truong, and many more people who I did not have a chance to ask for their names. Their friendliness, warm heart, and smiles surely made my stay wonderful and pleasant. When you see someone's smile is from the bottom of their heart, you would recognize it. That was exactly the smile greeted me at Sheraton Hanoi.

I would like to thank a special person at Sheraton Hanoi, Mr. Vinh. He made my stay in Hanoi a wonderful experience. During his two days off, he used his own time to show me how and where to fish in Hanoi. Vinh woke up really early and rode on his motorcycle for 70Km (45miles) just to show me his favorite pond in Hanoi. At the end of trip, I tried to pay for his gasoline, but he insisted not to take it. Vinh told me that friends do not take money from each other. He surely is a great asset to Starwood group.

Sheraton Hanoi may not have the best facility among the Starwood group. However, its team made Sheraton Hanoi an outstanding hotel.

Yes, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank fishing s
Dear "fishing s",

Thank you for your loyalty with Starwood and Sheraton Hanoi. All of our staff are passionate in providing top quality service and always go the extra mile to exceed guest expectations. We strive to ensure all our guests have a good experience when they stay with us. Your recognition to the staff will further motivate them to excel in their service standards. We look forward to your next visit to Sheraton Hanoi and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Singapore
Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you are happy to take the 10 minute taxi trip in and out the heart of Hanoi, the Sheraton offers you a literal oasis of peace, calm, space and air-conditioning that is much needed after any venture into the tussle of the city. We loved the amazing views of city and lakes, the beautiful, superbly comfortable rooms, the fusion food, chilling at the pool as well as the impeccable service provided by all staff members - don't hesitate to ask for restaurant and travel tips, they really know their stuff. The wonderful Nguyen Thi Phuong really made our stay - and gave us all the best tips for where to eat in Hanoi and what to see around Sapa.
I can't complain about anything. It was a bit difficult maybe to communicate that we wanted the room to be tidied, but to keep using our towels ("Green Option"). The one thing that could be improved would be a lick of paint on outer walls/facade, but that's a major operation given the size of the building and the ferocious climate ... All in all 10 out of 10 :D

Room Tip: The southward view over Hanoi city is probably the best one.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear "mermaidmarion",

Thank you for staying in Sheraton Hanoi. We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us and enjoyed the facilities in the hotel. All our staffs go the extra step to assist our guest and make their experience a memorable one. Your recognition to the staff will come as a great motivation to them. Should you visit Hanoi again, we will warmly welcome you back to the Sheraton Hanoi.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I felt very welcomed during my entire stay at the Sheraton. The facilities were all of an excellent quality and the professionalism in the service made it a pleasant experience. The staff were even happy to spare a moment for small conversation about our trip when my family and I showed interest in having a chat! When we arrived a couple hours early and asked for an early book-in, the staff were more than happy to immediately prepare a room for us. The buffet restaurants (both in the reception and the private upstairs lounge) served us delicious food that did not disappoint. The gym and pool facilities were also outstanding and the rooms very modern and spacious.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kateemily96
Dear "kateemily96",

Thank you for staying in Sheraton Hanoi. We are glad to hear you had a comfortable stay and that the staff had given you a pleasant experience, The staffs are inspired to deliver their best to ence the guest experience, The culinary team also ensure the cuisine provided are of top quality and caters to the international guests we have. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Sheraton Hanoi.