“comfortable city hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Hanoi Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sheraton Hanoi Hotel
Ranked #82 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Hong Kong
“comfortable city hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2009

When we were In Vietnam doing some traveling (abit on the luxurious side) we decided to check into the Sofitel Metropole but after hearing that they were full we decided the Hilton would be good which was right next door but they were also full. So after much disscusion wefound the Sheraton and decided to stay there. The Sheraton had a nice lagoon style pool overlooking the hanoi lake. infact the whole hotel was overlooking the lake and so there was a nice view.

Pros:

The nice and up to date rooms make a good base for rather expensive travellers like us and they have very comfortable beds and armchairs and feature large windows looking over the pool and the lake below. Unfortunately it was winter and we always went out so we couldn't go to the inviting pool. There was a large lobby with bright colours and comfortable armchairs. Most of the large hotel was up to date although you wouldn't call the desighn modern. the international buffet proved to be tasty and comfortable.

Cons:

Even though it was winter the hotel should definetly heat the pool and chill the pool when necessary all year so that every guest that stays here can experience the facilities this hotel has to offer like everyone else. the buffet was delicious but for an international deluxe 5 star hotel like the Sheraton it was a small selection. The restaurant was located rather strangly in the main lobby.

Even deluxe hotels arn't completely perfect and I accept that. This is a great hotel for businessmen and women and it is certainly very comfortable.

Tips:

You should try visiting the Sofitel Metropole. It is housed in a grand old building that has been a hotel since it's opening day way back in 1901. The Hilton which is also in the old opera house is right next door.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank LSHemshall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2009

We stayed in an executive room in this hotel for 2 nights in February 2009. This was the first hotel we were staying in on our tour of Vietnam. I had some reservations about it because of some of the things I had read on Tripadvisor but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean and comfortable and more than adequate for our stay. The rooms are well equipped and nicely furnished.
The hotel is out of the centre but to be honest with the traffic noise in the city I saw this as an advantage. On one of our two nights a meal was included as part of the tour in ‘Seasons’ restaurant. The food here was just OK. On the following night we walked just up the road from the hotel and there were quite a few restaurants so we ate in one of these. The food was definitely an improvement on the previous night.
The buffet breakfast was good but there wasn’t as much choice as in the hotels we stayed in for the rest of the tour.
There was free internet access in a dedicated area at one end of the lobby.
Pool area was good although not many sunloungers. Pool was very cold though.

Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CumbrianGlobetrotter
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2009

I'm a Starwood fan, and have stayed at dozens of Starwood properties from NYC to Bali, San Francisco to Madrid.

The Sheraton Hanoi is exactly as another review described - could be anywhere in the U.S. with a few Asian accents thrown in.

My rating is "average," because the hotel was adequate, clean, comfortable - but it did not exceed my expectations.

The staff is friendly, but not warm. The rooms are nice, but not luxurious. Breakfast is good, room service is okay.

The spa is not worth a visit - it is not a dayspa, but rather a collection of masage rooms...to my surprise the same person gave me a facial, maniucre, pedicure, and massage - typically these treatments are handled by specialists.

If you can find a compelling rate - the hotel is worth it. If you are looking for something a bit more upscale (and in a better location) the Metropole would be my choice.

• Liked — Consistent mid-range Sheraton service, breakfast
  • Disliked — Consistent mid-range Sheraton service, spa
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank taotei
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2009

Sheratano Hanoi ,

waht can I say ... in my opinion is not the best exerience i have had with Sheraton Hotels.

For the first time as a Gold member of Starwood Preferred Guest , instead of having an upgrade I had a "downgrade" wich I understand the second day of my stay. Whwn I arrived they have change the room number that was written on my file and gave me onother room.

During the first night around 3 am , I had to call the reception becouse in my room there was a big noise but I cannot understad from where it comes. Than we understand that was the elevetaor than when goes up and/or down made such a biug noise ( my room was very close to elevator) and the person of the front desk immediately understand that this was the problem ( so they totaly knows about this noise with the room close to the elevator)

The day after I changed my room far from the elevator and I recognized, that the number was on the side of the room that they had changed from my file when I arrived., and the view was totaly better ( as also the boy form the hotel informed me!!)

So , I can say a very good tratment for a Gold SPG = a noise room and with a not the best view!!!1

That except this hotel was nice, breakfast was avarage and also in my opinion not the best I have had in other Hotel of this kind in Asia , and as others wrote far from the center. This could be a vantange or a disadvantage!! it depends on You.

On my side, Yes you are out of the crowded city but it looks a little disappointed that you need to have a taxi for going everywhere.

So not my best experience

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank shoalebay
Falkirk, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2008

We stayed for three nights as part of an Indochina tour and were delighted with the standard of this hotel. The decor was lovely and the staff very friendly and helpful. We stayed on the club floor which had a nice private lounge, but to be honest the main public areas of the hotel were really nice and we were happy to use them as well. The hotel is a bit out from the town centre so it meant transport to get there but that was cheap and no problem. I would happily stay there again.

• Liked — The friendly and helpful staff
  • Disliked — The location, although it was not a problem
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2008

Earlier this month, we stayed at the Sheraton Hanoi for 2 nights -SPG points plus US$60 per night.

What a great place to escape! To give this some context, we were there on the last 2 nights of our Vietnam trip and was a bit over the crowds, the noise, the pollution and the hot, sticky weather. The Sheraton is located away from the 'heart' of Hanoi, but for our purposes, we didn't care and spent the whole day in the hotel.

The good:

1. large, clean, comfortable rooms;

2. the weekend free-flowing Moet brunch. For around US$38, you can stuff your face from an amazing spread and drink all the Moet you desire over 3 hours. After 10 days of spring rolls and fish sauce, this was one of the highlights of my trip!

3. free internet access in a quiet corner off the lobby - technically you're meant to have 45 minutes free, but no-one counting... new computers and fast connection.

The okay:

1. the day spa. The room was really small and they didn't seem to have a couples room. Also, as I was being led into the room, the girl opened the door and my masseuse was actually having a nap on the massage table! The massage rooms were also right next to the men's showers, which means you can hear everything going on in there - there were lots of phlemmy men taking long showers on the day I was there! Hardly relaxing when you can hear someone coughing up and spitting out phlem every 10 minutes. Apart from that, the massage itself was very good.

The not so good:

1. the airport taxi to the hotel was US$16 (the official rate). When we were leaving, we asked about catching a taxi to the airport. The hotel said the trip back to the airport costs US$18 (we asked why and they kinda said it just is). Anyway, they said it was US$18 for the 'hotel taxi'. We couldn't be bothered querying this, so we went with it. The taxi was old and small and the driver was a maniac driver. We didn't have exact change, so we handed over more than the agreed price, expecting change. He took the money with a big grin and made no effort to give us change. When we stood there waiting for our change, he starting scowling and very reluctantly gave us change, with a very surly look on his face.

2. dirty windows. Okay, I'm nit-picking now, but the lovely view of West Lake is not as lovely when the windows have loads of cobwebs on the outside with dead insects trapped in them. Seriously, the windows were filthy!

Tips:

1. for the brunch buffet, get there when it starts (11:30). The food (especially the hot or grilled food) is still fresh then, but tastes a lot less exciting at 1:00... And don't touch the oysters. I had some and they tasted great - really fresh. But I was sick with signs of food poisoning a few days later. It may or may not have been the oysters, but they seem the likely culprit;

2. don't book tours with the hotel travel desk - the prices are way inflated. The same overnight Halong Bay cruise which we paid US$285 for, they were charging US$500 for.

All in all, a great place to stay - would definitely recommend.

• Liked — The food, the service and the room were all quality!
  • Disliked — Unprofessional hotel taxi driver and crappy vehicle.
  • Stayed October 2008
1 Thank hmhmhm
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

My husband and I traveled to Hanoi in April 2008 to complete the adoption of our youngest daughter. We were in Vietnam for a total of 14 days and spent 10 of those days at the Sheraton.

The entire staff - from the front desk to laundry to housekeeping - were FANTASTIC. I cannot say enough great things about them -- they pampered us and our daughter and were very tearful when it was time for us to leave. We received several hand written notes thanking US for our kindness and how much they enjoyed watching our family bond!

Every request was met with a smile and PROMPT service. We brought an adapter but it did not fit -- within 5 minutes of our request -- we had 2 brought to our room.

The beds are SUPER comfortable and the sheets are incredibly soft. The cleanliness of the room was top notch!

The buffet (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was ALWAYS excellent -- very fresh foods and everything was delicious. We were never disappointed during our entire stay.

The spa was wonderful!!! We both indulged in massages and the staff was so incredibly professional and kind.

The doormen were VERY helpful during our stay as well. There were several times when taxi drivers were attempting to charge us too much for our rides and they intervened and assisted us.

I cannot say enough GREAT things about this hotel. We have traveled all over the world and this hotel is near the very top of the best we've stayed in -- this is in LARGE part to the tremendous staff.

When we return to Hanoi -- we will most certainly visit this hotel again.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Location is a not in city center - but that is helpful for the noise level
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family