“A nice little budget hotel”
Review of Auco Hotel

Auco Hotel
Auco Hotel
Ranked #303 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
Hanoi, Vietnam
“A nice little budget hotel”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This is the 2nd time I booked this hotel for my friends. For one thing, it's near my house in Tay Ho Area. For another thing, its room rate is low and the quality of service is good. The room is clean and tidy. The room size is a little bigger than what you'd get in Hoan Kiem area. The receptionist spoke good English. Anyway, the Tay Ho area is more peaceful than the Hoan Kiem area to live in.

For breakfast, they had a restaurant at the top floor, which was the 6th floor. It had beautiful scenery and overlooked to the Sheraton Hotel and Inter-continental Hotel nearby. This was only opened in the morning, from 7am to 9am. One day we had to leave early for Halong Bay and the owner arranged for the restaurant to open early for us so that we had breakfast before leaving. This kind of service was really heart-warming.

The location of Au Co Hotel was convenient. It's very near to the bus stop. With a taxi, we could go to Hoan Kiem area in 10-15 minutes. And we could go to the airport in 40 minutes. There's a bank for money exchange and also a mart nearby. For supermarket, there's one Fivimart inside a shopping mall within 10 minutes' walk.

I'll definitely book this hotel again if there're other friends coming.

Room Tip: Ask to have the room facing the inside. Those rooms facing the main street may be noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank lastlyvn

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hanoi
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I stayed here end of October and I extended several times since I had some business in Hanoi.

The staff gave me a large room in 5th floor and facing the lake. It is definitely good value for money. If you stay in higher floor and towards the lake, the noise is almost not exisiting. The room was cleaned daily and was very clean. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and they seemed very motivated to give me information and tips about Hanoi. Also I met the manager of the Hotel and he was very helpful. I didnt get his name, but he is there almost daily.

It is on Au Co road, which is a big main road, but it is also close to the relaxing west lake and Tay Ho area. Plenty of Restaurants around, I recommend the Al Fresco Pizza Restarurant.

All in all the Hotel is clean, tidy and the staff is friendly. If you are travelling on tight budget, this would be a good place to stay.

Room Tip: high floor and facing lake
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Toa Baja
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We made a reservations for a triple bed room, which is the only good thing I can say about this place. They allow you to accommodate more than 2 guest per room, something that is uncommon in Vietnam (the limit is 2 per room). The room was clean and free of insects, the only problem was the bathtub was very uncomfortable and unclean. Our room was on the first level facing the street, therefore we couldn't sleep well for 1 week due to street noises. The staffs was okay, they need to improve some of their attitudes toward children's.

Room Tip: "Rooms on floor 3 and above are quieter
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business