Splendid Star Grand Hotel
US$50
US$49
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
US$74
US$38
Trip.com
US$72
2,477 results
All reviewsmanager martinhalong bayold quarterhoneymoon suitechurch bellsthe hotel managera great stayfriendly hotelwelcome drinkhotel is locatedside streetfantastic servicequiet streethoan kiem lakehome away from homefamily roomlocation is great
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Splendid Star 2 provided excellent accommodation throughout my visit to Hanoi / Halong Bay / Sapa. Martin and his staff were extremely helpful and friendly. His recommendations were strong for Halong Bay tours, full arrangements for Sapa (including train, hotel, and trekking tours), as well as local dining. He let me check in earlier than standard time and use showers in between tours, which made the overall stay much easier and comfortable.

Free wifi in rooms, free breakfast, clean bathrooms, and comfortable rooms - especially for price paid relative to hotels in Hoan Kiem area. Enjoyed my stay, and would come back next time. Thank you Martin!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed twice at the splendid star #2. We've experienced hospitality like nowhere in Vietnam. Tuan and Martin really make an effort to make you feel welcome, though Martin is quite the cheeky one. Saying things like "I wanna hit you!" and "I kill you!". Nevertheless he too will make you as comfortable as possible and he's good fun. If you're not full after breakfast just order more until you can eat no more.
The only downside of this hotel CAN be power outs. This due to the crowded block the hotel is situated on where all ac's are working overtime. Otherwise great hotel, great rooms, great staff, great location. Will stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank MartijnMakelaar
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Absolutely fantastic. I loved my stay in Hanoi, which ended up feeling far too short. I'm certain that I wouldn't have had nearly such a great experience if it weren't for the service here.

Martin was an amazing resource. He's very friendly and a brilliant source of information about the city. He really went the extra mile to help out and make sure that everything was going well for me. He hooked me up with the most amazing motorcycle taxi driver, arranged tours and provided tips on where to eat, where to shop and where to sight-see. When I mentioned wanting to buy some coffee, he was able to give me ideas of where to go. He was concerned about my getting what I needed and not getting scammed, so he pointed out what to look for. When I was uncertain, he offered to go out and pick some up for me, as he was running an errand in the area for another guest.

Not even a blackout early one morning could put a stain on this trip! Nothing like navigating pitch-black stairwells early in the AM to keep you on your toes. Fantastic stay. I'm already trying to figure out when I can make another trip back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank brittas83
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I've tried almost 10 different hotels in Hanoi (around the Hoan Kiem Lake), and this hotel has really the best price/quality rate. The bed feels divine and the bathroom is high quality.
The staff, lead by Martin, is very friendly and helpful. Always ready to help you! Great!!

Room Tip: The only room on the ground floor is very good! Beware of the noise people and staff make on the other side of the door (the reception); they tend to forget that people try to sleep at night...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank MaartenHoiAn
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed a long time in Splendid Star Grand Hotel and really enjoyed our experience there.
Martin and all the staff are so kind, friendly and professionnal.
Immediately when you come they give you a map of the city and explain you the places to see and the tips to know to have a good journey in Hanoï.
The breakfast is excellent and there is plenty. You are offered fruit juices and watter bottles every day. The deluxe room is clean and large. Like in many hotels in Hanoï you are sometimes waken up by the girls for the cleaning of the room but it's ok, there are very nice persons too. The hotel is calm and has a perfect situation in the old town.
We booked all our taxis (from & to the airport and throughout the city) with Martin so we never had any problem concerning the prices to the taxi. We also booked the cruise to Halong Bay with Royal Heritage Cruise and it was a nice experience (14 pax maximum on the boat, with good staff and food).
We definitively will come back to Splendid Star Grand Hotel when we will go back in Hanoï!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple