“Cheap and honest accomodations”
Review of Viet Fun 3 Hotel

Viet Fun 3 Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Viet Fun 3 Hotel
Ranked #375 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Cheap and honest accomodations”
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I stayed at the Viet Fun3 Hotel for a week. Arrived at the airport and the driver was waiting with a sign with my name. Easy ride in a nice and clean taxi to Hanoi. The room was clean and the staff was very accommodating and helpful. Initially I thought I'd stay longer and paid in advance (which is usually not advisable in Vietnam) for a longer stay. Upon leaving earlier I asked for a refund and they never hesitated in returning the money. They are honest, hardworking and can be counted on to treat you well. I would highly recommend this hotel to any VN traveler.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Cheap accommodation, good facilities & free breakfast.
A great value hotel with friendly staff and everything you might need included: wifi, breakfast, a/c, fridge, travel booking service, double bed (not twins pushed together)
Clean but a little tired. Great location and definitely cheapest place on the street.

• Stayed September 2010
UK
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We stayed here after a terrible nights sleep across the road at Holidays hotel. Here was cheaper, way cleaner and the staff were lovely. We weren't disturbed at all during the night and the matress was comfy (although the first room it wasn't - have a good feel!). Good nights sleep.
Free wifi in the room and very reasonable mini bar prices. Free breakfast, simple bread, eggs, jam and tea/coffee.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Dikke pret nier in Viet Fun 3 Hotel :)
Personel is super vriendelyk en behulpzaam. Morgen naar HaLong Bay we zyn benieuwd.
Wie weet tot ziens
:) :) :)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Everything was great. Good location, friendly staff, also very nice restaurant. Not enough any words to write about beautiful hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank likeAK33
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Mr. Ha Nguyen is an excellent manager who has trained a fantastic staff at Viet Fun 3 (there are two Viet Funs on the same street). I was brought in by the Vietnamese cowboy (a member of his staff) even though I intended to stay somewhere else. What a lucky break that turned out to be!

In my stay in the Hanoi area, I was in 3 different rooms (singles) -- 102, 202, and 302. These are interior rooms without a view, but I was only looking to sleep in my room, so it didn't matter to me. The rooms were always clean, with very new drapery and basic but clean decor. When I had any problems, someone in the staff was up in my room fixing it IMMEDIATELY. Very prompt and courteous service.

In the guidebooks, we are warned about hotel scams and Lonely Planet suggests that one should book travel through travel agencies rather than hotels. I ABSOLUTELY disagree. Ha and his staff are in it for the long haul -- they want to make their guests happy, and suggest more tours, more cooking classes, more restaurants, etc. and have you tell your friends about them. Travel agencies which are small storefronts can be fly-by-night operations and I consider them to be a far greater risk!

I booked a Sapa tour through Viet Fun, and it was a GREAT experience. The people on my tour all had problems with their train or hotel, but Ha took the extra time to make sure I had a good, comfortable mattress in a wooden train car, and he even got me a balcony room with a view in the VIP section of the hotel when those who had paid extra for a view got a mud wall in front of their windows. I think I may have been the only one who was delighted with every part of my Sapa package.

Viet Fun could have made more money on my Halong Bay tour, as I was willing to pay more to have great food on my boat. However, I also wanted to do some trekking on Cat Ba Island, and the fancier boat didn't have it on the itinerary. Zoom made three calls to see if he can get a tour on my itinerary, and even phoned to find out how much a motorbike ride to the national park and hiring a private guide would cost... but he came to the conclusion that a much cheaper package would be better and less hassle for me, so that's what I bought. Truly HONEST people who have their guests' best interests at heart.

Ha also arranged a cooking class for me. It turned out to be a private class, but he made it happen because he went to high school with the restaurant owner -- the fancy and delicious Blue Butterfly restaurant. The head chef took me to the market, and showed me how to make 4 dishes, as well as how to add some nice finishing touches (a flower made out of a carrot, and how to use lettuce/herbs/cucumbers/tomatoes to decorate your plate). Ha got me a discounted price on this as well, and I suspect it would have been canceled if it wasn't for his help.

The other guests are very friendly as well -- I became friends with several other guests, bumping into them in Sapa and Halong Bay. It's a good-vibe place that seems to attract fun, friendly guests.

Lastly, Ha and his wife are a great resource for restaurant recommendations. As a foodie, this was invaluable to me! As they got a sense for what I like and how authentic I wanted to eat, they gave me more and more adventurous places to go.

I left Hanoi this afternoon, and I miss Ha and his staff already. They made Hanoi feel like home away from home... When I offered to pay an extra day so I can take a shower before my night train, Ha offered a half-day rate so I can be comfortable for the overnight ride. When I returned at 5am from Sapa, a front desk clerk was sleeping in front of the desk to open the shutters for me, and they had my room ready so I can go upstairs and sleep. And I was only paying $12 a night for this great service!

There are fancier hotels in Hanoi, but I don't think I could possibly get any better service from anyone else. I can't recommend Viet Fun enough!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 9 November 2009

We stayed at the Vietfun 3 hotel for 3 nights for our second stay in Hanoi. Previously we had been at Especen which was nice and clean but nothing special.
We liked the area though, close to st Josephs cathedral. It's a little less hectic than some parts of the old quarter.
We took a room on the top floor,there seem to be 2 Vietfun 3 hotels in the same lane. I think they are linked but we were in the one closest to Hanoi backpackers.
The room was new, very clean and tastefully furnished. We even had a small bathtub.
Good AC, hot water, wifi in lobby and/or free Internet. They even provide a good breakfast of tea/coffee, baguette, omlette, jam and banana. All for $15 per night.
Be aware however that the room got very light as soon as day broke. There was also a bit of noise from a water pump and also the roof bar of aforesaid Hanoi backpackers. However as my husband and I both had eye masks and earplugs we did not have a problem with this. In fact I slept really well.
The best thing about this hotel though is the staff. Friendly, helpful, nothing is too much trouble to them

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple