“Warm stay”
Review of Viet Fun 3 Hotel

Viet Fun 3 Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Viet Fun 3 Hotel
Ranked #376 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
London, United Kingdom
“Warm stay”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Great price for what you get. Rooms are well-equipped with air con, tv (if need be), good beds, hot water etc and breakfast included! It's simple but well-worth it. The staff make it a whole lot better-very friendly, warm, trustworthy and welcoming..like a family. Recommended for simple travellers.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Kiev
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We had a great time there in Nov 2011. Staff is VERY friendly and at the same time we did not feel any pressure to book something from them. Location is great and if youare traveling without huge bags it takes only 10 minutes to walk to airport bus. Staff also can help you with a cheap taxi. As this is located in a backpakers place can be noisy in the evening. Stairs are steep but this should not a problem for healthy people. They have excellent map on the business card and we received very good information how to get there on airport bus after we booked it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 26 November 2011

When I travelled through Hanoi I looked for a place that wasn't too pricey, but not infested with rats (and believe me - i've been to those), and Viet Fun 3 Hotel was a great choice. The service was good, the room was one of the most comfortable and clean i've been to on the trip, and my window overlooked the yard of a temple!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
ontario
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Unfortunately I cannot vouch for the rooms themselves because I did not stay overnight at this hotel. However, I do know that they are cheaper than Hanoi Backpackers hostel (which is across the street) and some of the rooms have balconies and air conditioning - which are luxury items for Vietnam hotels.

Why I really wanted to write a review for them is because:
A) The front desk staff is very helpful, friendly and trustworthy. and they also speak decent English, which is hard to find in Vietnam.
B) They offer a travel agent service and are affiliated with Vietnam Airlines, so you can book plane, bus and train tickets. I cannot vouch for the bus or train tickets but I booked 2 planes tickets through them. One was with Jetstar airlines and one was with Vietnam Airlines. They took about $2 commission on the Jetstar ticket and no commission on the Vietnam airlines ticket. Both tickets were legitimate, I did not get scammed - plus they booked us a cab to the airport for $12 extra.

The reason why I want to let people know about the place so much is that there are literally scams everywhere in vietnam and when I found a place that was legit it gave me much peace of mind and I want to pass this along to as many people as possible.

One more thing to note - be careful traveling alone on buses and trains, take a plane if you are traveling alone, especially if you are a woman. you will pay more but you will feel safe and away from potential scams or thieves.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank miss_christine1
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We stayed here for one night after being recommended to stay here by friends. We were given a room on the top floor and although being a long stair climb, the room was very clean and quiet.
The bathroom was clean and compact.
The bed sheets were clean and bright white and other than being woken up by the rain we slept very well indeed.
The aircon worked very well and after trapsing through Hanoi in intense heat it was a refreshing welcome to step into our cool room.

The location is excellent with lots of good restaurants, tour booking offices and the lake a short walk away.

The staff are extremely helpful, they phoned several flight companies in attempts to help us book some flights the next day.

The only reason i do not give this hotel 5 out of 5 is only down to a quite limited breakfast. Which is included in the room rate we paid of $16 per night. But it only consisted of boiled egg, one small baguette and tea or coffee. And although it was an ample start to the day, it would match well against most other hotels if they had other options for guests.

A good stay indeed.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I stayed at the Viet Fun3 Hotel for a week. Arrived at the airport and the driver was waiting with a sign with my name. Easy ride in a nice and clean taxi to Hanoi. The room was clean and the staff was very accommodating and helpful. Initially I thought I'd stay longer and paid in advance (which is usually not advisable in Vietnam) for a longer stay. Upon leaving earlier I asked for a refund and they never hesitated in returning the money. They are honest, hardworking and can be counted on to treat you well. I would highly recommend this hotel to any VN traveler.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Cheap accommodation, good facilities & free breakfast.
A great value hotel with friendly staff and everything you might need included: wifi, breakfast, a/c, fridge, travel booking service, double bed (not twins pushed together)
Clean but a little tired. Great location and definitely cheapest place on the street.

• Stayed September 2010