“The best choice hotel in Hanoi”
Review of Golden Wings Hotel

Golden Wings Hotel
Ranked #327 of 647 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I was been in Hanoi few times at local hotel in Hanoi but the room is quiet small and not so comfort too. My last time in late July and early August 2010 been stay in Golden Wings Hotel, I was very surprise that I been stay in a local hotel which offer a reasonable price, standard room, bathroom with bathtub and located in good location for local and foreign people.

YOUR FIRST CHOICE TO STAY IN HANOI IS GOLDEN WINGS HOTEL!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 September 2010

Located in the center of Ha Noi, this is a good hotel with very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and good infrastructure. The rooms are equipped with A/C and free WiFi, breakfast is included. In the same street you'll find all the tour operators for going to Halong Bay. If you are not afraid of stairs (5 floors and no lift), this is a very good place to stay in Ha Noi.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Golden Wings is clearly trying to be a great hotel, and it shows through their service. First, our flight into Hanoi from HCMC was changed several times. We emailed the hotel several times to notify them of the various changes so that we could still be picked up at the airport. Sure enough, our driver was waiting for us at the airport despite the flight confusion. We were impressed.

Second, the location is good if you want to be right in the middle of the action. If you are looking for tranquility, this might not be the best place. However, the street noise did not bother us at night.

We stayed one night at the hotel then spent a night at Halong Bay and then came back to the hotel. I thought the room our first night was very clean, but our room the second night didn't seem quite as clean (shower didn't look clean, a dirty comb was left out in the amenities basket, and I couldn't tell if there were 2 sheets or just a sheet and a mattress cover on the bed. . .). I know the hotel staff check this site frequently so I'm sure cleanliness won't be a problem in the future.

The room was simply decorated but did have a large flat screen tv, which is sort of funny considering we weren't even given hand towels. Breakfast of fried eggs and white toast was included. They did look at me as if I was crazy when I asked for sugar for my coffee (and if you want milk, condensed it is).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Friendly, welcoming, this hotel was exactly what we needed. The rooms are awesome; clean, cool (AC) and comfortable. A very modern hotel providing modern comforts! Located in the Old quarter it's also well within walking distance of many great sights, others being easily reachable by a small taxi ride. Furthermore, and most importantly, it's near a restaurant that does fantastic breakfeasts, the 'Five restaurant' rings a bell! I would recommend this hotel as a good place to stay for all of those looking to tour comfortably, be immersed in the city, but not costing the world.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2010

These guys were great. Really helpful and friendly. I had a great time there. Good rooms, neat and tidy top floor has good view of city from balcony. I will stay here again for sure..Thanks Guys

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank mono_72
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Stayed there last year with my family. Must say that this place is awesome. The staff was nice, friendly and very helpfull. They even helped us with booking our flight ticket to Saigon ^_^ so sweet n kind of them.
The room smells of fresh air, SO CLEAN, NO bed BUGS, which is a big PLUS. The place is situated in the heart of Hanoi, .in walking distance to many famous tourist sites such as Hoan Kiem Lake, Hanoi Opera House, Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre, Hanoi Old Quarter, Catholic Church. Couldn't ask for a better place.
WE WILL BE BACK for sure...LOVE HANOI N the vietnamese ppl, so friendly.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank elisahuong
Reviewed 17 June 2010

The location is great, in the hub of Old Quarters. Very convenient with lots of cafe nearby. Room is clean. Worth the $.

The only issue I had is that there is no lift and I stayed on the 5th floor. Very tiring after a day of walking.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends