“Modern & clean”

Ranked #56 of 579 Hotels in Hanoi
Australia
“Modern & clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel is fairly new. Deco is modern chic and rooms are clean and comfortable. Don't expect any views from your room, we had 2 nights stay over 2 occasions and both times our window faced a wall! There is a good spread for breakfast and staff service can be described as attentive. Note, hotel gym has strange opening hours, 6-10am, 4-8pm. Not sure why it has to be closed in between.

Room Tip: choose higher floors! I think that the 9 floor rooms tend to be of more superior quality
Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am glad that you enjoyed the decor and layout of your room during your stay with us. Our hotel is indeed relatively new as it is only 3 years old. In our hotel's design, we have windows in every room however, our lower category rooms are on the inside of the hotel and face a skywell to allow natural light into room which they would otherwise not be able to get. Our higher categories do have access to outside views.

I will pass on your comments to our Chef and staff. I also regret to inform you after your stay that if you had contacted our staff in the Reception area that you would have been able to access the gym and spa area after the listed hours.

Thanks again for your comments, I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next visit to Hanoi!

Silk Path Hotel Hanoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is relatively modern: lots of glass.
It is relatively small but very nice. Lobby is small but there is a small bar on the first floor.
Breakfast is excellent and rich.
Rooms are a bit small but certainly enough for one person for a few nights with modern shower and all other necessities.
Note that is about one kilometer away from the lake, about 10 minutes walk.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank TheLong
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Silk Path Hotel. Your comments have been noted and will be passed along to the respective parties. Our staff is constantly trying to improve our service and will be pleased that their hard work is paying off.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope to be able to Welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Hanoi is a crazy busy city, with bikes dominating the roads, so this hotel was a quiet refuge. The rooms were spacious enough for 2, the art work on the walls particularly tasteful, the beds comfortable. The staff was well trained, friendly and efficient, and spoke English even if the accent was sometimes difficult to understand. We were allowed a late check out in one of the rooms because we were flying out late in the evening. I checked out of our room to transfer but left my IPhone charging. The cleaning lady traced us and when I got back, she was waiting outside the room to make sure no one would enter until I came to claim the phone. The food was good at their outlets, breakfast substantial. Daphne, hotel manager was very personable.
I would stay here again if I ever return to Hanoi (not in the next 10 years I think!) Downside, they did not have massage service at the spa. That was a real disappointment as I did not want to brave the crazy streets again.

Room Tip: We stayed at the 10th floor which was fine because it was on the spa floor. It was quiet enough and...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Silk Path Hotel and that your room and our staff were to your satisfaction. Our staff is constantly striving to improve our service standards. Our General Manager, Cesar Castro, makes a point to talk to our staff whenever time allows and encourage them to speak English more and more during their work hours.

Also our staff is devoted to making sure our guest have the best possible stay with us that we can provide. Our housekeepers are no exception.

We hope to be able welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip Hanoi. I also appreciate your kind comment regarding me and our Chef and will pass them on.

Thanks again for your comments!

Southend on Sea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

.This Hotel is on the edge of the old Quarter so you could get lost in all the little St each one selling different items ie shoe st, fish st , a street selling clothes, we spent many hours just wandering.The Hotel is a small hotel the rooms are nice and clean, the food is good and everyone is polite and helpful.

Room Tip: All rooms are good because of where it is there are no specific views
1 Thank selwilson1943
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Hanoi and your stay in Silk Path Hotel. Our staff is dedicated to helping you make your stay as enjoyable as we can help you with.

Thanks again for your comments, I hope to be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

DON'T stay in rooms on top two or three floors in any rooms numbered from 8 upwards. This hotel has the gym on 10th floor. Fitted out with a RUNNING and ROWING machine.

We stayed in room 909 - at 6.00 am THUMP THUMP THUMP. Headache ++++++++

If a non smoker - looks like all rooms are for smokers. Air conditioner or air freshner didn't get rid on the stale smoke smell. Rooms are very small. Beds sag and are too soft for our liking. Food is good. BEST IDEA for this hotel is to move the gym to the basement. Warned our travel agent not to use this hotel.

Room Tip: Dont stay in any rooms on any floor above 8.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank K M
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am sorry that you didn't find your stay to be satisfactory. I have looked into this problem and have found that when you checked in that we only had rooms in the top 2 floors available. These rooms are used as our smoking floors, it seems that our staff failed to mention that the room you were assigned was a smoking room. The involved parties have been notified of this error and action has been taken to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Also we have checked on the bed issue and the Heads of Departments are discussing possible solutions.

Thanks again for your comments, I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Silk Path Hotel
Brisbane Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed here as part of a Travelmarvel tour of Vietnam & Cambodia. Rooms are very small and beds far too soft for our liking. Had to ask for a change of room after a dreadful night's sleep (or lack of). The new bed was no better. At least the staff tried! Restaurants in the hotel were excellent with meals reasonably priced. Hotel situation was a worry for my wife and I tend to agree. Staff most accommodating.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I am sorry to hear that you found our beds too soft for your liking, however Silk Path currently only has one style of mattresses. I have brought this issue to my siperior's attention and we are now looking for a solution to this matter.

I am also curious as to what was worrying you with Silk Path Hotel's location? Silk Path Hotel is n the heart of the Old Quarter of Hanoi, most of the tour sites are with in a2 km radius of the hotel. The only hazard in the area is heavy traffic outside the hotel or one of the locals. I side our hotel is kept perfectly safe by our security staff, In fact all of our staff are devoted to provide the best experience to our guests at Silk Path Hotel, including their safety.

Thanks again for your comment and I hope to be welcome you back Silk Path Hotel on your next visit to Hanoi.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Very modern, fancy high rise hotel in the middle of Hanoi. Location is excellent, a 5 minute walk to most places around the Old Quarter. We stayed two nights, and did an overnight junk cruise at Halong Bay in between - the hotel were more than happy to hold our luggage for a night while we did this. Buffet breakfast was small and intimate but nice enough. Didn't include vietnamese coffee in the free brekky which was disappointing but otherwise the rooms and hotel was very clean and service was spot on.

1 Thank Amy J
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments! I'm glad that you found Silk Path Hotel to be a good base for your visit through Hanoi's Old Quarter. Our staff was delighted to be able to store your luggage for you during your trip. Our staff is dedicated to making sure guests has the best stay we can provide them and it seems that they have achieved their goal with you. I have also passed along your praise to our Chef and his team.