2,892 results
All reviewspiano barold quarterconcierge teamgreat hotelhalong bayrecommend this hotelfrench quarterbreakfast buffetwalking distancecentral locationtravel agenttwo nightsstreet noiseexcellent locationan upgradethe hustle and bustledeluxe room
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed in Silk Path for 2 nights. Hanoi was our first stop in Vietnam. The hotel location was in the old quarter and close to many attractions. The room was very comfortable. Breakfast was great and was included with our booking. We checked out to spend 2 nights in Halong Bay. On return we were dropped back to the hotel with 5 hours to kill while waiting for a train. The hotel happily stored our bags and allowed us to use their shower facilities to freshen up. Silk Path is an oasis in the middle of the madness that is Hanoi. We would definitely recommend this hotel. The only drawback is that there was no pool. The spa centre has spa baths but they are in the change rooms so are single sex only.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meredith C
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Meredith C,

Thank you for your comments. It was our pleasure to welcome you to Silk Path Hotel on your recent trip to Hanoi. We are glad to see that you had a wonderful stay with us and we were able to make your wait before the airport more enjoyable. We are also glad to see that you enjoyed our location, rooms and breakfast.

Thank you once again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our 3 day stay at Silk Path Hotel in Hanoi was excellent. The hotel is conveniently situated and is walking distance to many attractions. The rooms were comfortable. The staff were very professional, friendly and efficient. I would highly recommend the Silk Path Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Cheryl S,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to see that you had a wonderful stay with us at Silk Path Hotel on your recent trip to Hanoi. We are also glad to see that you enjoyed our location, rooms and staff.

Thank you once again for your comments and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Silk Path Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hanoi was our firs stop of the Vietnam tour, and we had 3 nights in this hote, before we moved on to Ha Long Bay. Very good location, right on the edge of the old city. Room was nice and clean, staff is very friendly and helpful, service is very good, food and drinks also very good. Haven't used the spa, didn't have time, wish I could have :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Daphne D, Guest Relations Manager at Silk Path Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Oana_15,

Thank you for your comments. It was our pleasure to welcome you to Silk Path Hotel on your recent trip to Hanoi. We are glad to see that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our location, room, staff, service and food.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

May 2013 We had 3 nights here, then 1 night after a trip to Ha Long Bay. We got very nice greeting on arrival with the staff who took our suitcases up to the room practicing their English on us. On the 2nd night we got a lovely surprise of an anniversary cake. The room was adequate. The shower was great, breakfast was really good. They looked after our luggage for no extra charge when we went to Ha Long Bay for 2nights. On our return we had a different room. Slightly smaller, but again adequate for our needs. Wifi was available in the rooms. Well recommended hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Carol R,

Thank you for your comments and for choosing Silk Path Hotel on your recent trip to Hanoi. We are glad to see that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are also glad to see that you enjoyed our staff, service, room, and breakfast.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel grew on me during my short stay. I was disappointed though when I arrived. My room wasn't ready and, although I knew that would be the case, I expected there would be a room in which I could freshen up after my overnight train ride from Sapa. I was directed (not shown) to the top floor spa area where I could take a shower and get changed. It was like a sauna in there and steam from the jacuzzi made the room extremely humid. I came out feeling more sweaty than when I went in!
After I had wandered around Hanoi until early afternoon the check in was much more what I expected, smooth, friendly and welcoming. Perhaps my first impression was due to not being a guest at that point.
Room was large and very quiet at the back of the hotel. The view of the wall didn't bother me at all as when you wanted to watch the world go by you can sit on the veranda area outside the hotel.
Breakfast was excellent quality and plenty of variety to suit all tastes.
By far the best about this hotel is it's location. An easy walk to the old part of the city although finding your way back proved to be a bit of a challenge.
Overall, this hotel was ideal for sight seeing. Although it does not have the prestige and glamour of the Metropole, it's location and friendliness of staff made it a very easy place to stay especially when the staff began to recognise you coming and going.
The only downside for me was the lack of a changing room when first arriving. I'm sure they must have a late check out room, well if they could use that room as an early check in room too then I'd have given 5 stars.
Would definitely return if staying again in Hanoi.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of hotel are quiet but don't have a view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear l0ve-t0-travel-m0re,

Thank you for your comments. We are very glad to see that we could grow on you. We are also glad to see that you enjoyed our service, rooms, terrace, breakfast and location.

Our staff have been reminded on how they are to serve all guests who come in our doors. This is not our normal procedure, and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.