OK, this hotel has nice rooms in general (we stayed in Deluxe), and it is in a center of the night life area with a lot of bars and restaurants, so it is convenient.
BUT, this hotel has the following issues:
- the receptionists are not really paying full attention to their guests. Service quality is very subordinate, and you do not feel like being served. the reception is among the biggest weakness of this hotel. they could be friendlier and more efficient. other hotels (e.g., Hanoi Elegance group hotels) with the same price range provide much better service, and that really makes difference.
- it is very noisy at night as many other reviewers wrote. first, it is facing the Hanoi's busiest night life street with a lot of bars and clubs, so you can here them, especially when you are on the front side of the hotel. Second, the bars of the Backpacker Hostel (next to this hotel) are extended to the back of this hotel. So even you are on the backside of the hotel, a lot of noise from the bar at Backpacker Hostel and crazy screaming noise of drunk backpackers come into your room. We actually had this. the World Cup even makes it worse.
- breakfast is not well prepared. things are sometimes cold. Again, F&B manager need to pay more attention to the things they are serving to the guest. Just go around to check things time to time!
- NEVER rent a motorbike at the hotel. I got a very crappy motorbike without maintenance and it got a flat tire within one hour because the tube was very old with cracks. I had to find a repair man in the middle of the big road, fix it (replaced the tube), and came back to the hotel. While replacing the tube, I could see obviously the tube was very old and could have broken anytime -- lack of maintenance. I immediately reported this issue to the hotel reception and asked them (the bike rental company associated with the hotel) to reimburse the cost of repair as it is due to lack of maintenance. The company refused, saying I broke the thing. I told them that they gave me the old crappy bike, which could not run even an hour. And the tube was broken as it was already too old, not because I broke it or something stuck in the tire. No intention or willingness to listen to what I said, they just gave me a cold look and kept refusing the reimbursement. Absolutely irresponsible and total rip-off. The hotel reception also kept saying that the bike rental company is different from the hotel, but hello? I rent it through the hotel reception. Can you just be responsible for the company you are introducing to your guests?
Overall, I got very poor and unsatisfactory experience at this hotel.
You can find much better hotel in Hoan Kiem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newest boutique hotel in Hanoi, ideally situated in the heart of the old quarter, center of Hanoi, "in the middle of everywhere", this exclusive, discreetly luxurious hotel seduces its guests with its intimate atmosphere, cozy comfort and relaxed elegance. A gem of a small hotel, attention to detail together with the personal touch will ensure you feel special; you will be treated like a guest in a private residence. From the moment you arrive, our dedicated team of butlers will tend to your every need - from unpacking your bags and serving afternoon tea to coordinating your social itinerary… so that you can totally relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hanoi Medallion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.