“Great place to stay in Hanoi”
Review of Lucky 2 Hotel

Lucky 2 Hotel
Ranked #98 of 601 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Great place to stay in Hanoi”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This is my first time in Vietnam and I want to stay that Lucky 2 Hotel is a great place to stay in Hanoi especially for foreign tourists. Mr. Trung and his staffs provided me with great service such as where to eat, shopping, and sightseeing around Hanoi. And the good thing about this location is that there are lots of foreign tourists walking around the street in Hoan Kiem area so I did not have to feel shy walking about the area without having to know Vietnamese language. I would recommend to people from all over the world who want to visit Hanoi.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank dsuttajit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2011

This hotel is excellent. I stayed here for 4 weeks in June 2011. The location is great, rooms are clean, staff are very helpful and also very friendly. Price was also very good and the breakfast included for the nightly rate was also very good - fresh fruit every day, eggs whatever way you wanted, fresh juices etc.....am going back for more business in October and will definitely be staying here...

Room Tip: ask for room with window to sunshine
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Anthony096
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Both my husband and I have stayed at Lucky 2 Hotel in Hang Hom St on several occasions. We have both found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable with nice décor and the staff friendly and helpful. I found the internet connection in the room slow and a bit unreliable but there are 3 computers in the lobby which are fast, reliable and free of charge. The delicious cooked breakfast is served in a lovely dining room and is freshly prepared to order. The fruit juices are made from fresh fruit. The street outside the hotel is often noisy, but unless you open the windows, the noise does not disturb guests in the room. The rooms are airconditioned so there is no need to open windows. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good clean budget hotel. It is conveniently located a short walk from Hoan Kiem Lake, surrounded by shops selling beautiful handcrafts and near a small supermarket and restaurants. We will be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Is is always a great pleasure to come back to the Lucky hotels: always a warm receival by the staff , like coming home to good relatives. I appreciate the small details characteristic of good service, respect, creativity and good humour.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I stayed at Lucky 2 hotel in November 2010 during a conference. The location is great, very near Hoan Kiem and the shopping areas. But even more important, the staff are extremely accommodating, from the time I booked to even after I had checked out and had to leave my luggage while I shopped. The service/ benefits that come with the room are very good (big breakfast with lots of choices, fruits every day, wi-fi). Plus, they even give a 20% discount on the room rate if you email them in advance! Perhaps the only negative for me is that my room in particular did not have a real window with a view (it faced a wall, so no sun coming in) and was a bit cramped because of the layout. However I think this had more to do because I needed a room with two beds. Definitely recommend this, and no wonder my Vietnamese friend recommended this place to me.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Korea
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I've just spent 1 week at the Hanoi Lucky Hotel II and I must say it was a very pleasant stay! At first I had spent a few days at the " sunway Hotel" where my company had booked for me, but due to unpleasant attitude of the staff in that hotel "I ran away" and found " Hanoi lucky hotel “.

I must say, that the staff Ms hang and Hien ,Thao ,Hoa is very pleasant and helpful to find all sorts of information. No problem with the taxi, although I wouldn't recommend CP Taxi as they are expensive and their cars are rather trashy. Better go for " Hanoi Taxi", same price, good cars and honest. Just ask for what you want and they call it for you.

My room was to the back So Nice room and quiet room. Well-equipment with nice windows, the noise was absolutely acceptable and if one doesn't like noise in the first place, Hanoi might not be the place to go ..... As for my part, I frequently let the window even open. The room was comfortable, with a safe, TV, hairdryer, Wire less, computer in side in room, free tea,coffee everyday .
Just one thing, the room had humidty marks on one of the walls, but which do not bother in any way; justed wanted to mention.
As well, in case you enter your room and have a sort of strong smell, just got to the closet and remove the stuff they put to prevent mites from coming. In this case everything in perfect within a couple of hours.

Breakfast it's ok, not bad and not extraordinary. However, having stayed for a weeks, I found it a litte bit boring towards the end. Although in general they offer western and asian style food, it is almost every day the same choice .... The breakfast room is indeed rather small, but nevertheless largely sufficient for 15 rooms. During my stay, I found it only once almost full.
Thank you so much for guys working Hanoi Lucky Hotel II.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
sydney
Reviewed 10 March 2010

I stay at this hotel regularly and I really like it. The rooms are large and clean. The staff could not be more helpful, and it is a lovely hotel overall. The position is excellent - right in the hart of the old quarter of Hanoi. Good idea to conform your reservation if you are arriving late. HIghly recommended.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business