“great service and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lucky 2 Hotel

Lucky 2 Hotel
Ranked #89 of 577 Hanoi B&B and Inns
St. Albert, Canada
“great service and location”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This place has big, clean rooms at an affordable price. Located in the "Old Quarter", it is close to all the action, shopping, restaurants, Hoan Kiem Lake(go early and join the tai chi group) and everything else the Old Quarter offers. Staff are very friendly,helpful and speak English more than adequately.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Bogor Indonesia
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I really like my room in this hotel. Even we were three and in same size of the room but each room has each own unique. For example my room has beautiful garden in balcony. While my friend only had narrow balcony with cheap metal arm chairs and coffee table.

The rooms we had are big and the floor are not so clean. It is still bit dusty ... bathroom is comfortable and the bed is big. The problems what I have during I stayed, the aircon is really directly to my head even I tried to adjust. One morning I open widely the balcony and the effect, the mosquitos were also join into the room.

Internet in the room is excellent, also internet in lobby. Breakfast even was standard menu also served not bad ... the selection for breakfast are Pho and some western menu. Staff are also very helpful and friendly.

One of the best things in this hotel is the location ... near the beautiful lake. It is located in central city so many things we could see but I think it is in tourist area so most the shops are expensive even for souvenirs.

... but in other word ... I dont mind if I have chance to be back to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: if you want to have garden in your balcony try 401 (but beware of mosquitos) ... and if you need qui...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This is my first time in Vietnam and I want to stay that Lucky 2 Hotel is a great place to stay in Hanoi especially for foreign tourists. Mr. Trung and his staffs provided me with great service such as where to eat, shopping, and sightseeing around Hanoi. And the good thing about this location is that there are lots of foreign tourists walking around the street in Hoan Kiem area so I did not have to feel shy walking about the area without having to know Vietnamese language. I would recommend to people from all over the world who want to visit Hanoi.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank dsuttajit
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2011

This hotel is excellent. I stayed here for 4 weeks in June 2011. The location is great, rooms are clean, staff are very helpful and also very friendly. Price was also very good and the breakfast included for the nightly rate was also very good - fresh fruit every day, eggs whatever way you wanted, fresh juices etc.....am going back for more business in October and will definitely be staying here...

Room Tip: ask for room with window to sunshine
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Anthony096
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Both my husband and I have stayed at Lucky 2 Hotel in Hang Hom St on several occasions. We have both found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable with nice décor and the staff friendly and helpful. I found the internet connection in the room slow and a bit unreliable but there are 3 computers in the lobby which are fast, reliable and free of charge. The delicious cooked breakfast is served in a lovely dining room and is freshly prepared to order. The fruit juices are made from fresh fruit. The street outside the hotel is often noisy, but unless you open the windows, the noise does not disturb guests in the room. The rooms are airconditioned so there is no need to open windows. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good clean budget hotel. It is conveniently located a short walk from Hoan Kiem Lake, surrounded by shops selling beautiful handcrafts and near a small supermarket and restaurants. We will be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Is is always a great pleasure to come back to the Lucky hotels: always a warm receival by the staff , like coming home to good relatives. I appreciate the small details characteristic of good service, respect, creativity and good humour.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I stayed at Lucky 2 hotel in November 2010 during a conference. The location is great, very near Hoan Kiem and the shopping areas. But even more important, the staff are extremely accommodating, from the time I booked to even after I had checked out and had to leave my luggage while I shopped. The service/ benefits that come with the room are very good (big breakfast with lots of choices, fruits every day, wi-fi). Plus, they even give a 20% discount on the room rate if you email them in advance! Perhaps the only negative for me is that my room in particular did not have a real window with a view (it faced a wall, so no sun coming in) and was a bit cramped because of the layout. However I think this had more to do because I needed a room with two beds. Definitely recommend this, and no wonder my Vietnamese friend recommended this place to me.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business