“Great Service”
Review of Lucky 2 Hotel

Lucky 2 Hotel
Ranked #108 of 647 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was actually booked into the Lucky 3 Hotel. However when I arrived I was told "problem with room". I had booked the suite. I was then taken to Lucky 2 Hotel a block or so away. Once there I voiced my displeasure at being moved from one hotel to another. The room I got at Lucky 2 was a good room - VIP Room, which had a small balcony and was all in all a very comfortable room (but smaller that the suite I booked at Lucky 3). But the difference is the: staff at Lucky 2 did EVERYTHING possible to accommodate me and make me happy. I received emails and calls from the Luck Chain sales manager, the front desk staff brought fruit to our room and on our way back from Halong Bay they offered us a free room to shower and rest for a couple of hours waiting for te night train to Sapa.

Finally I have to mention the wonderful breakfast at Lucky 2 Hotel. My wife loved it and so did I. We were offered a menu with 7 or 8 items and you choose what you want and it is cooked to order. Very good food.

All in all Lucky 2 was a very pleasant stay in a good location in the old city and with a staff that bent over backwards to please us. I can recommend this hotel to others!

Room Tip: Ask for VIP Rooms with balcony and city view. Beds were soft and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael W

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The staff are amazing and always meet you with a smile & see how you are. From the manager down. Makes you feel right at home.Their hospitality was much appreciated.
The location is very central to all the tourist attractions in the old quarter of Hanoi.
We definitely recommend this hotel, besides the wonderful hotel team, Location is excellent, everything in the old quarter is walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a truly wonderful experience at the Lucky 2 Hotel. I don't usually write reviews but we enjoyed this hotel so much that I have decided to take the time to share my experience.
This is our second stay at this hotel. Very friendly staff. Mr Duc (manager) and the team ( Sing, Yen ...who were always warm and cheerful) gave us a "home" away from home. Thank you Mr. Duc and the rest of the hotel staff!
The rooms were spacious, clean, light and breezy.
The central location of the hotel is convenient. 5-10 minutes walk to everything : main tourist attractions, great shopping and eating places.
The Ha Long Bay tour was a once in a lifetime experience (organized by Mr Duc)
Highly recommended, We will definitely be back here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevJenBC
Reviewed 11 April 2014

After staying at two other places and looking at countless hotels we chanced upon the Lucky 2. It was everything the others weren't. Big rooms with windows, a private terrace large enough for a small party, bathtub with plenty of hot water, 42" lcd tv, desk, chairs, side table, and it even had heat! Loads of character with inlaid ceilings, beautiful furniture, and nice lighting. We enjoyed our stay thoroughly and the price was right. Definitely our hotel of choice for hanoi. Breakfast is optional which will discount your room rate. Location is perfect. Quiet side street close to everything but not in the thick of the tourist area. One tip: all the rooms are different so check and see what's available. We stayed on an upper floor on the street side.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

After Laos trip we came here for the last station for our holiday. Hotel looks very nice and new but compare to service and the Cleanliness was in different way. When we arrived to this hotel in late night , no one help us to carry our luggage . They just standing inside and wait for customer come. No smiling no helpful , the only thing they want to is try to sell the tour for you after you decline for the tour , they just push you go to the room. The hotel room was very in the middle , very noise and dirty and wet floor , seem like they just clean it. After all for what I saw for all of Lucy's review hotel I must say I was disappointed for my paying.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank jscassey
Lucky Hotel G, Manager at Lucky 2 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Jscassey,

As your review says.... I hereby declare that This is unfounded. We have never tried to sell tour for our guest if they do not want, this has become a rule in Lucky 2 Hotel for a long time. So this makes us think that have you been in our hotel? or you're talking about a different one. Could it be that this is just a form of unfair competition? I'm not sure who you are, you have been stay in my hotel yet, but one thing is for sure, you can not say your room number is and it called what kind of room...

Many customers were booking our hotel, tours as well. Most people are very satisfied with the price and quality, Especially the friendly hotel staffs... Because, We care about our customers!

Anyhow, thanks for your interest for Lucky 2 Hotel,
Enjoy your time,
Duc

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stay at Lucky 2 in april 2014 and I was surprise that this hotel is rated just 3 stars. It is un excellent hotell with great value for money. The staff is helpfull, very friendly and eficient, notering you is imposible to fix and they have always a bright smile for you. The room was huge with all you can wish, air condicioned that didn't sound much, a hair dryger, an excellent badroom and a very confortable bed with really really clean sheets. Lucky 2 has a great location in oldtown Hanoi, but is in a small lane with no much trafic noise, a heaven in bussy Hanoi.
I warmly recommend this nice place to stay in Hanoi, here can you rest from the stressi life that is going on in Hanoi. Lucky 2 is very close to the lake and all the the shops sand restaurangs you may want to visit. The breakfast at Lucky 2 is done at the moment you order it, always fresh and tasty, there is a lot of choice and you get value for money.
I hade a really good time at Lucky 2, I feldt at home after 1 month of travelling arround in Asia.

Room Tip: In Hanoi is allways best to get a room that dosen't face the street. I got one at the first fl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Liliana J
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Lovely staff and perfect central location make Lucky II an excellent choice for Hanoi short and long visits. Rooms are spacious, some with private balconies, and simply and comfortably furnished. A short walk to the lovely Cathedral area and Hoan Kiem lake.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business