“Few days I don't miss from Vietnam”
Review of Lucky 2 Hotel

Lucky 2 Hotel
Ranked #98 of 601 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Warsaw, Poland
“Few days I don't miss from Vietnam”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

It was 3rd day in Vietnam when we appeared in Hanoi. Weather was so so.. as for Hanoi, you know. So it was cloudy, a little bit rainy. For sure it was not a weather for doing the sight seeing. We took the bus from the airport to the city centre. After an hour of our trip we finnaly came to the Hanoi's old town.
There was nothing else to than searching for some good place to stay.
We were asking about the price, looking at the room standard.. and I have to be honest, Lucky Star II was the best relation price to standard level, and I have to add I am not a couch surfer.

So now the question. Why it was not the time I will miss from Hanoi? In the evening I have eaten something bad. The food was so bad that after two days spent in the hotel (by the way all the stuff was really friendly and solicitous) I had to go to the hospital. Everything went ok at the end but..
Only thanks to the hotel stuff this stay was not a dissaster. :)

PS.
sorry for my English, but I hope you get it :)

Room Tip: the one on the last floor with the view at the old town
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great location in hanoi. Restaurants and shops right outside the front door. Friendly and helpful staff. English speaking. Free breakfast. I returned three times during my stay in Vietnam. They had wifi and laundry service. In my experience, the people can make or break a place. All the staff in the lucky hotels were pleasant, funny, charming, enthusiastic and helpful. They made for a very inviting trip. Also, the beds in Vietnam tend to be very firm, lucky hotel included.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank lilshannons
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed four nights in this hotel. It was a business trip. Booked by our agent from HCMC (Saigon). The room is spacious, clean, with WI-FI. I recommend the rooms with window. The staff is very welcoming and gives you honest valuable advices, also on restaurants. Really great. At breakfast there is crusty baguette, fruit etc. The hotel is very well located in the centre, near the lake, surrounded by souvenir shops and restaurants. It is suitable for a business trip and for tourism. I will book again this hotel.

Room Tip: Room with window
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrechulo
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have travel a lot to Hanoi for business purpose and I always stay at this comfortable hotel. With friendly staff and cheerful of owner, clean and sufficient facilities...makes me enjoy my trip. The strategic location make any guess satisfy to reach food, shopping areas, bank, supermarket and even enjoy nice view of Hoan Kiem Lake nearby to this hotel. I also always recommend to my colleagues once they have business trip to Hanoi as well as for leisure.

Room Tip: Rooms which facing to the road with wider room...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was actually booked into the Lucky 3 Hotel. However when I arrived I was told "problem with room". I had booked the suite. I was then taken to Lucky 2 Hotel a block or so away. Once there I voiced my displeasure at being moved from one hotel to another. The room I got at Lucky 2 was a good room - VIP Room, which had a small balcony and was all in all a very comfortable room (but smaller that the suite I booked at Lucky 3). But the difference is the: staff at Lucky 2 did EVERYTHING possible to accommodate me and make me happy. I received emails and calls from the Luck Chain sales manager, the front desk staff brought fruit to our room and on our way back from Halong Bay they offered us a free room to shower and rest for a couple of hours waiting for te night train to Sapa.

Finally I have to mention the wonderful breakfast at Lucky 2 Hotel. My wife loved it and so did I. We were offered a menu with 7 or 8 items and you choose what you want and it is cooked to order. Very good food.

All in all Lucky 2 was a very pleasant stay in a good location in the old city and with a staff that bent over backwards to please us. I can recommend this hotel to others!

Room Tip: Ask for VIP Rooms with balcony and city view. Beds were soft and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael W
Blaine, Washington
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The staff are amazing and always meet you with a smile & see how you are. From the manager down. Makes you feel right at home.Their hospitality was much appreciated.
The location is very central to all the tourist attractions in the old quarter of Hanoi.
We definitely recommend this hotel, besides the wonderful hotel team, Location is excellent, everything in the old quarter is walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a truly wonderful experience at the Lucky 2 Hotel. I don't usually write reviews but we enjoyed this hotel so much that I have decided to take the time to share my experience.
This is our second stay at this hotel. Very friendly staff. Mr Duc (manager) and the team ( Sing, Yen ...who were always warm and cheerful) gave us a "home" away from home. Thank you Mr. Duc and the rest of the hotel staff!
The rooms were spacious, clean, light and breezy.
The central location of the hotel is convenient. 5-10 minutes walk to everything : main tourist attractions, great shopping and eating places.
The Ha Long Bay tour was a once in a lifetime experience (organized by Mr Duc)
Highly recommended, We will definitely be back here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple