Opera Hotel Hanoi
US$373
US$281
Travelocity
  • Pool
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
US$73
US$136
US$112
US$65
US$40
US$73
US$67
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I'm greatly impressed by the warmth and attentiveness of your staff who have responded and acted promptly to guests' needs and complaints. They deserve a pay increase or more staff benefits!! However, the eating area is too cramp, food mediocre, waiting lounge is untidy and dusty and the bed linen and towels were also not very clean. On the 2nd floor the stench from sewer was horrible. These areas need improvement. But the personnel factor compensates for environmental deficits. Thank you staff for making my stay at the hotel an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
THAISONHOTEL, Manager at Opera Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2010

Dear our valued guest,

I delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. However I was concerned to read that you encountered the stench from sewer in your room and the bed linen and towels were not clean.
Right after receiving your comment we have worked with the person on duty and make sure they have been resolved. I have discussed your comments with my Chief laundry and chief of room maids, who, since this matter was raised during your stay, has had the opportunity to make immediate remedial corrections. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
I do hope that the above did not detract too much from an otherwise enjoyable stay and that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Thai Son Hotel 2 in person in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Kenny

Reviewed 30 May 2010

I enjoyed my four days at this hotel. Perhaps the only thing I would warn travellers about is that the location is noisy.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving your candit review for Thai Son Hotel 2 and we are here very happy to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. However I was concerned to read that you encountered the noise in our location. Yes, that is the case for all the busy streets in Old- Quarter. However, all our rooms have 2 levels of glass windows so when they are closed the rooms will be very very quiet.
Again, thanks a lot for your stay and we look forward to welcomming you back to Thai Son Hotel group.

Jennifer/ Ms
Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2010

I had a wonderful stay at Thai Son Hotel 2. It's very cosy and the staff are simply the best. They are friendly,attentive and genuinely cares for the well being of their guest. They gave me tips and suggestions on where to go and even arranged transportation for me. Breakfast provided at the hotel was good too.
Hotel is located in the Old Quarters which is walking distance to many attractions. There are plenty of eating places nearby and on the weekends,you would just be 5mins walk away from the Night Market.
Will definitely stay at this hotel again when I come back to Hanoi!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights (1 night before Halong Bay and 1 night after) in two different rooms. There seem to be 2 'wings' to this hotel and the x01 and x02 rooms have no lift to them. We were on the 5th and 6th floors and it was a struggle (although they have porters to help with bags). Staff were generally helpful but not overly so. They made a mistake(?) when booking us a taxi - asking for a higher price then they'd quoted. Breakfast was very 'OK'. I think you might be able to do better in Hanoi.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KevinFromLondon
Reviewed 29 May 2010

We stayed 2 nights in the Thaison hotel (one night Thaison 1 and one night thaison 2) and we had the 2 best nights of our whole Vietnam stay. Nice clean rooms (very trendy), great beds, the best shower, delicious breakfast and good service.
Don't hesitate, book Thaison!

• Stayed: May 2010