“OK - But not what we booked.”
Review of Opera Hotel Hanoi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Opera Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #252 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
Leicester, United Kingdom
“OK - But not what we booked.”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

In a word, we were OK with this hotel but not overly satisfied.

On booking, we were under the impression that all of the rooms looked as they do on the ads and various sites out there. However, on arrival we quickly found out that there is an old and new part.

We were placed in the old part. A room with no window. Now, I am a great believer in "you pay for what you get" and we did pay a low price. However, this played havoc with my jetlag and as such some several days later, I had to seek medical advice and am still suffering the effects of long haul.

On our final night my partner and I were woken to the sounds of an amorous couple enjoying each others company and a lot of footsteps wondering up and down the stairs.

There was also a strange experience whereby we woke to find the locked door, ajar. Quite worrying. However, I must admit that nothing had been moved or taken.

Oh and I must not forget the smell of the drains as they burped each morning, whilst guests took showers. That was quite unpleasant but a problem in Ha Noi overall.

Breakfast was basic, with a fruit and vegetable spread, tea, toast coffee. And an omelette chef, but nothing special.

In a nutshell we will be glad to move on. I have certainly stayed at worse places, but have equally stayed at much better places.

As for recommendation; Check the room before you agree to take it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RandomGeeza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Stayed for three nights and all the stuff were friendly and helpful. Restaurant is a bit small though.So if planning a trip early morning, suggest you have your breakfast earlier.
Do compare pricing of optional tours if buying from hotel as I find it's cheaper if bought from outside.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2010

My husband and myself stayed for a number of nights twice at this hotel. It had an Ideal location, the rooms were spotless and well decorated. Breakfast had a good choice. The staff were extremely firendly, coteous and helpful. Both myself and my husband had been ill and the management and staff could not do enough to help us. I would stay again and found it very good value for the money. The staff planned my onward trip for us and it went well, no hitches so that gave me a welcome break from all the planning I had done up until then!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
shanghai
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We arrived Hanoi on the early morning of 19th July 2010 and we checked in a hotel named Hong Ha Hotel, then we had a really bad experience in that hotel for the rooms were not valued the big amount money we had paid. The next morning, when we were on our way to find a place for breakfast we found Thai Son Hotel with a very good place to dine so we went in. To our suprise, the breakfast was very good and the price was not high. And we were told that the breakfast was included if we checked in the hotel. Compared with the ex-hotel, Thai Son was much more valuable with claerer rooms, better service. We decided to changed out hotel and check in Thai Son immediatly. During our stay in the hotel, wo had a really good time. We had meals with Mr Wu who had recomanded our good place to eat, to paly and to shop. The most important thing was that he can speak Chinese which made my mother very happy.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Our stay at the Thai Son Hotel 2 was perfect. The hotel has the absolute best location in Hanoi. It is in the middle of the old part of the city, so you are close to parks and markets. It is surprising how quiet it is in the hotel, keeping in mind its location. Our room was quite nice, not very big, but it was clean and quiet, which was important for us. Breakfast is also quite fine. The staff is very helpful and friendly and they made us feel at home abroad.

Oh, and if you want to organize your transfer from the airport to the hotel, just inform the hotel and they would do it for you. It costs exactly the same price as if you go by taxi.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Thaison Hotel 2 was a great base in Hanoi, Staff were very helpful in making making suggestions, giving direction dealing with rogue drivers (Overcharging). Though they were very busy they always had time and smiles for the guests the moment we step into the room we experienced the quality of the wooden furnishings floor. Service: Best of the best every single staff smile and greet you, Everytime they see you. The day I was supposed to go Halong Bay I overslept by 1hour and called the lobby and check the tour guide already left. Lucky I was the last in the tour so the tour guide just got there. Thaison Staff packed some Bread and Jam for me to take on the road not even me asking and that is very nice of them. Overrall I rate this hotel very high and enjoyed my stay with THAISON HOTEL 2.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
zhuhai
Reviewed 13 August 2010

I like this little hotel, location is good, close to a lot of icon place in hanoi, service is wonderful with a personal touch, i also like their mini breakfast buffet thing, good beef pho, guys and girls who work there, keep up the good work, see you soon.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business