This is one of the best hotel in the USD$20 level around the old quarter. It is close to everything yet it is quite at night, excellent for sleep! More importantly, there is a Lift / Elevator in this hotel, not very common in the area! Price is reasonable, staffs are friendly, rooms are spacious and clean, over all a very good experience.
1) If you're planning on a Halong Bay Tour, front desk will arrange it for you, it is easier if you book it through the hotel. But make sure that you don't pay anything more than USD$19 during off season.
2) the best way to get around the city is by Motor Bike (Cycle), it is VERY SAFE! Automatic transmission one cost VND 150,000 for 24hrs. again, front desk will help.
3) for 3 more USD, the hotel will arrange a very comfortable ride (better than taxi) for you to the airport, with a staff to carry all the luggage for u.
4) the water in the mini bar is very cheap, just drink it, don't bother buying it outside.
5) staff's in this hotel speaks very limited english, be prepared to communicate with body language and drawing, it is a fun experience!
6) Water pressure is excellent here, compare to other hotel in this class
** Free Parking only for Motor Bike (Cycle)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Old Quarter, right in the heart of Hanoi, Royal 3 Hotel has an ideal location in a Hanoi busiest center. Just a minute walking to the lake, you will feel free and quite relaxed when enjoy the peaceful and romantic atmosphere by Hoan Kiem lake or when taking a walk around the busiest silk streets of Old Quarter.Banks and post offices, and airlines boxes are just a few minutes walk. You can either stroll around through Hanoi popular small streets with silk and souvenir shops or visit Thang Long water puppet nearby. ... more less