“One of my BEST experiences for hostels!!”
Review of My Youth Hostel

My Youth Hostel
Ranked #113 of 432 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great night life until early hours, when police close everything down! but until early hours is fantastic, its where everyone goes which is the main thing, as well as being good value for money compared to other hostels and some bars and its just a cool place all round :D

Room Tip: The dorms are of course the best, i never went out drinking alone because i always went with people...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Aubrey M
Huong N, Owner at My Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Aubrey M,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Hanoi Youth Hostel! I am glad that you found our hostel is “one of your BEST experiences for hostels!, and "good value for money compared to other hostels and some bars ". We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that we could give you that good feeling!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place definitely worth more than you would expect for the price.
Being so small it has a nice familiar atmospere. The stuff is super friendly and can help you with everything. And it's the perfect place to meet new people. I think I met the nicest people on my whole trip right at this place :)

The rooms are small but clean and comfortable with fresh sheets and towels, your own locker and a clean bathroom.
Oh, and don't forget about the rooftop and the bar downstairs! It's the perfect place to hang out and enjoy a Hanoi beer while talking to new people.

Also the hostel is right in the center the old quarter of Hanoi so you can walk almost everywhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jorin V
Huong N, Owner at My Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Jorin V,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am glad we exceeded your expectations and provided you with an amazing experience. You are one of my first customers since I'm the new owner of Hanoi Youth Hostel. I feel like you are our best friend rather than a customer.Thank you also for complementing our "super friendly staff", "cosy and perfect place to meet new people", our room are "clean and comfortable with fresh sheets and towels, your own locker and a clean bathroom". We will pass your compliments to our staff. We miss you!

It'll be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hostel was one of my first choices to stay in Hanoi, and it did not disappoint. Booking with the hostel is easy via email and the director responds immediately, so you can get yourself from the airport to the hostel, and vice versa. Whether you choose to stay in a dorm or a private room, you can guarantee cleanliness and comfortability. The lockers are in good condition, and even with the communal bathroom on each floor, I never had any problem with the waiting time and having air conditioning in the summer helps.

Their good-natured staff are all accommodating.Despite arriving at 2AM, I received a warm, welcoming letter from Ms. Kelly. The place is located in the Old Quarter, where almost everything is within walking distance, and you can get some tips from Henry, the manager, who also arranged our Halong Bay tour for a good price. Also, the bar downstairs is a great place to meet other travelers, who share very useful information or converse with the friendly staff, over Bia Hoi.

Room Tip: The dorm room on the 3rd floor is more quiet, and you can sleep with minimal noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tito Q
Huong N, Owner at My Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Tito Q,
Warm greetings from the Hanoi Youth Hostel. We are so delighted to receive your review after your stay in our hostel. I am glad that you found our hostel is your "first choices to stay in Hanoi", "Booking with the hostel is easy via email", rooms are "clean and comfortable", "Halong Bay tour for a good price", " the bar downstairs is a great place to meet other travelers".

Thank you for spending time to share your stay experience to your stay at Hanoi Youth Hostel. Your review help us so much to improve the hostel in order to serve you better and improve our service day by day. Once again, on behalf of manager and all staff of Hanoi Youth Hostel, I highly appreciate your stay and your review.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed there for 5 nights and I never had problem of sleeping. The bed was very comfortable with the right air-con temperature. They gave me a free towel. The bath room is pretty small, but I guess other hostels in the same area are the same as the all the buildings here were built specifically hotel or hostel. I used to stay in another hotel in the same area, the bathroom is small as well. Breakfast is acceptable. You get a baguette and an egg which are included with a dorm price. Henry and Tuan are very helpful and friendly. After a long day of sightseeing, I loved to hang out and had beer in a bar down stair where I had great conversations with new friends. This is something I really like about this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Phai C

Dear Phai C,

Warm greetings from the Hanoi Youth Hostel. I am glad that you found our hostel has “bed was very comfortable with the right air-con temperature" and my staff “are very helpful and friendly” and that "you loved to hang out and had beer in a bar down stair where you had great conversations with new friends" .

Thank you for taking the time to write a review subsequent to your stay at our hotel. Your review help us so much to improve the hostel in order to serve you better and improve our service day by day. Once again, on behalf of manager and all staff of Hanoi Youth Hostel, I highly appreciate your stay and your review. We miss you and your brother so much.
I wish you and your brother will have great experience during your travel around Asia.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I don't know what kind of magic energy surrounds this hostel but it's a fact that it attracts only great people. Thanks to the people I've met there I decided to settle down in Hanoi, and now I have group of wonderful friends.
The hostel itself is in a perfect position, right in the middle of the old quarter, and you can go everywhere by walk. Unlike other hostel maybe more famous than this (I don't want to say the names), here the quality of sleeping is very good. There's a fabulous bar in the ground floor, with happy hour from 5 to 10. The music stops at 11 so you won't have any problem with that. Ask for the second floor dorm if you want to be completely sure.
The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable, the aircon is set at a perfect temperature. There's only one bathroom per floor but you won't wait too long for your shower.
The staff are friendly, Henry the manager speaks a very good English and Tuan, besides his english is maybe hard to understand, is the kindest guy you will ever meet.
Hostel highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Paolo T
Huong N, Owner at My Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Paolo T,

Warm greetings from the Hanoi Youth Hostel. We are so delighted to receive your review after your stay in our hostel. I am glad that you found our hostel is located in “ perfect position”, “fabulous bar in the ground floor”, rooms are “clean and the beds comfortable, the aircon is set at a perfect temperature”, and that we have “kindest staff you will ever meet”.

We extremely grateful for your comment of services, facilities, attitude of our staff during your stay in our hostel. Your review helps us so much to improve the hostel in order to serve you better and improve our service day by day. Once again, on behalf of manager and all staff of Hanoi Youth Hostel, I highly appreciate your stay and your review.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Spent one night here solo and it was great. Super friendly staff that are easy to communicate with unless your a complete moron. Clean beds. Lockers that actually work. Bar tab system instead of pay as you go. The English bartender Guy was great. Took us to some secret bars once the hostel bars close with the cheapest drinks in town so you can save you're bills for the overpriced drinks later in the night. Highly recommended for backpackers in bikes as the public overnight parking lot is under 100 meter away (not aloud to park on the street later in the evening). The crowd was older than all the 19 to 21 year olds who show up and make a ruckus when you are trying to sleep.

Did I mention its cheaper and closer to the bars than the big name places?

- Chris from Canada 23 years old

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank c g

Dear Chris,

Warm greetings from the Hanoi Youth Hostel. We are so delighted to receive your review after your stay in our hostel. I am glad that you found our hostel is “cheaper and closer to the bars than the big name places”, our staff are “susper friendly” and that we have “clean beds”, “lockers that actually work”.

Thank you for spending time to share your stay experience. Your review help us so much to improve the hostel in order to serve you better and improve our service day by day. Once again, on behalf of manager and all staff of Hanoi Youth Hostel, I highly appreciate your stay and your review.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

i stayed there for a night and i thought it was ok for 5 dollars and more or less clean. Next morning, the guy who supposes to clean spent 40min standing in our doorm using his phone instead of cleanning! I was a bit shocked as wanted to change clothes but he was there. Then the manager came in and he did like he wiped the bed sheets. He didnt change them, just wiped them and left!!! so basically sheets are used over and over without being changed!

after check out, i asked them if i could shower and they said no. After 5 weeks in Asia, this is the first place where i wasnt allowed to shower.

appart from that, staff is friendly

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Paola L
Huong N, Owner at My Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Paola,

It’s unfair for us when you had check out then you returned to our hostel and demanded for a free shower. The problem here is your attitude, we would be pleasure to provide with a free shower if your attitude and behavior are friendly and appropriate enough. Regrettably, you angrily raised your voice and blackmailed our staff, saying that you would write the negative review about our hostel only because your demand of free shower was declined. We think that you have right to do anything you like but your behaviors are un-becoming with an honest tourist. So far, we have served thousands of customers, however only you who felt angrily only because your un-reasonable demand of a free shower after your check out was not met.