“francis et Sophie”

Hanoi Impressive Hotel
Ranked #42 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 25 November 2013

we bokeed this hotel for two days at the beginning of the trip and two days more for the final.
All the staff is realy kind and efficient, speaking English and managers speak french.The rooms are superb and their decoration has been done with consideration.
The location is one of the best, and the street is quiet.
We enjoyed to stay in Impressive Hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel is located on a tree-lined street that borders St John's Cathedral, a hub of social and small business, as well as religious observance that sometimes spills out into the square. It's a natural starting point for walks to nearby museums restaurants and markets. An upper floor front room affords a view of the Cathedral

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We booked this hotel for our first 4 days in hanoi. The booking came with free airport pickup. We were delayed at the airport for almost two hours while waiting for our luggage. When we were finally freed, the driver was waiting and friendly. The hotel staff was incredibly nice and helpful from the beginning. We stayed in room 301, which has a balcony overlooking a pretty and relatively quiet street. The staff chat us up every time we came and went and were very friendly. When we left for Cat Ba Island, it was too early for breakfast so the staff sent us off with a few bananas and some bread. We liked it so much we booked a room for our final4 days after returning from Cat Ba. For our 2nd stay, we stayed in room 501, which has a better view of the cathedral.

Overall, rooms are good sized, beds are soft by Vietnam standards, balconies are small but do the trick, wireless is pretty good, street is quiet for Old Quarter, location extremely convienient, staff is great, breakfast is good, although coffee could be better.. I would recommend!!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view from the street facing balcony. Room 301 had shower stall...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Hotel Impressive is a little gem in a chaotic city. Quiet street in great central location. Staff were fantastic - from friendly greeting each time you walked through the door to organising transfers, tours and general information.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and our time in Hanoi.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

What can I say, it doesn’t come more impressive than the Hanoi Impressive. The service was simply excellent, thanks to staff who are clearly not only well trained and professional, but also passionate about what they do. The one lady at reception remembered our names after only one day (to my shame I never asked hers). While the staff are so friendly and will help in any way they can, they were never intrusive. They are warm, without being familiar.
We stayed here for four nights at the end of September and won’t hesitate to return. We actually tried to after our trip to Halong bay but they were fully booked. Still, they helped us to get a room in a nearby hotel (Trung Nam Hai, or Best Hotel Hanoi in English) where we also had a wonderful stay.
Location: The area around St Joseph’s cathedral is probably one of the best to stay in. Au Trieu street where Impressive is located is quaint and quiet given it’s central location. We crisscrossed the city centre during our six days in Hanoi and passed many of the hotels we read about on Tripadvisor, but thought this part of town to be the nicest with many boutique shops and great restaurants. Hanoians also seem to favour this area which means that you aren’t only surrounded by other tourists. Do go for lunch or dinner at Le Petit Bruxelles across the street from the hotel.
Room: Beautiful room, but a slightly old bathroom which only had a bath (with a shower in the bath). A strange smell eminated from the open drain in the bathroom during “shower hours” - the only complaint I have of an otherwise lovely hotel. Our shower head was broken when we got to the room, but it was fixed immediately after we brought it under the management’s attention.
Even though the hotel is in a quiet street, the double glazing on the windows made a real difference. We could see a small part of the cathedral from our balcony.
Breakfast: One of the best breakfasts we had during our stay in Vietnam. Quick, friendly service by the breakfast staff.
I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anna M O
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Impressive Hotel was exactly what I was looking for in a hotel. I'd booked my first 3 days in Hanoi at the Impressive and my last few nights in another hotel. A couple of months before my trip I emailed both hotels just to confirm bookings, room etc. Michael at the Impressive replied promptly whereas the other hotel didn't reply at all. So I cancelled my booking at the other and decided to spend my last 3 nights at the Impressive as well. I emailled Michael several times about different things - transport from the airport, stuff re my friend who was arriving later in the evening from Cambodia. Michael always replied within 24 hours. That to me was a good indication of the hotel. That and the reviews. I wanted a hotel a bit like the Cheers bar ( remember the American show ) -where everybody knows your name . When I arrived in Hanoi, there was someone there to meet me who took me to the hotel. As soon as I walked in the door I was greeted by name by the day manager Antoine . Then I knew I was at the kind of hotel I wanted to be at. I ended up staying there 8 nights all up - with a Halong Bay cruise and Sapa trip in between. Firstly, the staff were very friendly and attentive. The desk staff spoke very good English although the porters not so well - but that didn't matter. The staff really were second to none, they were great. The breakfast in the morning was very good with small yet nice variety of goods on offer from fresh fruit, breads, eggs cooked how you wanted, pancakes, pho, juices, coffee. I personally don't like too much choice for brekky. All up I was in 3 different rooms. Each one had a balcony overlooking the small street the hotel was on and had a view of the cathedral. I had one night in Room 803 which had a big balcony and the best view of the cathedral. My last 3 nights were in Room 601 which had a full size bathtub - good for a relaxing soak after a long day of wandering around Hanoi. The rooms were of a good size, as were the bathrooms and very clean. Location of the hotel is great, close to the St Joseph's Cathedral which is a good reference point when finding your way around or finding your way back to the hotel. It is also close to Lake Hoan Kiem. The hotel organised trips as well. Antoine organised our trip to Sapa - the overnight train, accommodation etc . All went smooth, no problems. We got everything he said he'd organised to the nice hotel in Sapa, transfers, guide. The hotel also organised a day trip for me which was good. This is a great hotel and would recommend it. If ever I go back to Hanoi I would definitely stay at the Impressive again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The Hanoi Impressive Hotel is a small hotel in the lane running down the side of the Cathedral. It is on the western side of the old town abutting the French quarter. The location could not be better. The staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family