“Finding a family in a foreign land”

Hanoi Blue Sky Hotel
Ranked #138 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I didn't really expect much from a 2-star hotel - but Blue Sky really blew my friends and me away. The room was impeccable, we were fed two more breakfasts than were obligatory, and it was located at a pretty central location (even if a handful of tourist attractions were located a little further, getting a reliable taxi was entirely painless with the help of the staff).

But having said this, I can definitively say that the best part of Blue Sky Hotel was the excellent service provided. My friends and I made friends with a few of the staff, and they treated us as warmly as one would treat one's family. Tuoc (not really sure how to spell his name!) made us feel very welcome throughout our stay at the hotel. On our last morning, he even got up early to cook us breakfast although he claimed that he 'doesn't know how to cook' (totally untrue! His eggs were great!). Another lady, Moon, was something like a foster Vietnamese mom to us. I suppose she noticed that we were all fresh-faced 19 year-olds, so she really went out of the way to make sure that we were doing okay. She recommended good eating places for us, double-checked our cruise bookings, called taxis when we needed them, told us where to buy good coffee/souvenirs/yogurt/whatever, gave us awesome humongous bear hugs.

Oh, and Blue Sky has wifi. The username is Blueskyhotel. The password? iloveyou. This password is definitely, very much warranted! :D

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank hannahkhaw

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed here after searching for the cheapest hotel with the best ratings as i was on a budget travelling to Hanoi and i found that this place does live up rave reviews.

The staff where very helpful and help organise a taxi from airport upon arrival, organise a cheap boat cruise to hanoi bay and offer advice on things to do and cheap places to eat which was really helpful.

I found the room for the price to be exceptional! for only $15USD i was more than impressed compared to there south east asian countries.

Overall if you looking for cheap place in Hanoi don't hesitate to stay in this place, don't be tight! pay a little bit more than a hostel and you get to stay in a great hotel with friendly staff and a comfy bed ) without having to worry the person who sleeps above you in a bunk bed is going to fart all night :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I choose this place based on previous rave reviews and found that Hanoi Blue Sky lived up to my expectations. It was affordable, the rooms were very comfortable and cleaned daily and the hotel is located in a good proximity to most things that a traveler could want. What was the standout for me though was the service provided by the concierge and other staff. They helped me with advice, directions, bookings and were patient above and beyond their call of duty.

Room Tip: My room was at the back of the hotel, off the street, which seemed to provide me with a buffer from...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

The staff at Blue Sky took us in after our hostel messed up our booking and my friend and I would end up separated. They gave us the same rate each, and put us up in their small private room with a double bed off of the Lobby area. They were very competent in English, and more than helpful booking us our trips, getting us on the right buses and the Owner even walked me to the pharmacy to help me find anti Nausea pills when I had food poisoning.

Exceptional service, and an outstanding business model that I would love to see more of in Vietnam.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed here for one night before we did the Ha Long Bay cruise. Not bad. Was pretty late when we got in due to our flight being delayed for 5 hours but the driver who we hired to pick us up stayed there waiting for us. So we got to Blue Sky Hotel without any hassle.

There are many reviews here saying how great this place is so I won't repeat that info. It's what it's advertised for, basically. Internet good, breakfast good (simple meal BUT the best part of staying at HBS and if breakfast is important to you then you will be happy)...

HOWEVER. Bear in mind this hotel is in the old quarter and is VERY noisy especially depending on where you are in the hotel. Also there was no hot water in our shower- not sure if it was just our room or widespread- so if these two factors matter to you, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I chose this hotel based on the other good reviews. And we too pass on the good news! It's pretty central, staff had great English, rooms were good, big, clean. We left our bags for 10 days whilst we headed up north, no problem, all too easy, no charge for the service. We arrived unexpectedly early from a bus - 3am - went to the hotel without reservation - they helped us into another hotel (admittedly the parent company owns but equally good).

The staff are fantastic and pretty westerner friendly. Easy. Easy! Nice and refreshingly helpful service.

The BEST thing for us being independent travelers - and even though 'Blue sky hotel' is in fact a travel and tour company - after we hinted to them we don't want to book any tours....... we were left alone in PEACE about the tours. No pushing, no ramming, no money money money... just total, professional, book this hotel now, PEACE! :)

Have a great trip everyone and say hi to the manager 'Moon' from us.

TIP: There ain't so many rooms you might wanna book 2 days in advance if this is where you choose to stay.

Room Tip: TIP: The 'sister' hotel was also fantastic, just around the next corner.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed at this great little hotel for a month and a half since I arrived in Hanoi as I am working here and waiting to move into an apartment. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, with nice timber furniture, air-con, free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV and a fridge. The bathroom is also a very good one with good water pressure and all the facilities you need. Breakfast is included in the modest room tariff and the staff are exceedingly accommodating, friendly and helpful with any manner of information you would require. Moon the manager, is a gracious host who will ensure your stay is a pleasant one, she also speaks English very well which eliminates many issues that result from miscommunication. The rest of the staff are just as friendly and all speak English at a level which allows you to be generally understood. The hotel lies in the old quarter only a 10 minute stroll from Hoan Kiem Lake which is the hub of Hanoi's tourist district and where most of the excitement in Hanoi happens. Moon and her staff can also arrange tours to wherever you wish to go, as well as other travel requirements. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this little hotel to travellers whether they are families, backpackers or here for business . I have had a lovely stay so far and do not anticipate that changing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo