“Excellent value & service!”

Hanoi Blue Sky Hotel
Ranked #129 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Excellent value & service!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This budget hotel is great for the young & the backpackers; not recommended if you have knee problems or have difficulty in climbing up & down the stairs because there is no elevator service on the hotel.

Staffs are very friendly & helpful. They will help you in booking for the airport transfers, city tours, etc. They will recommend you the best places to eat, where to shop, & go the sights/spots for you to see.

Rooms are clean. Bed is comfortable. Basic breakfast is included with the usual selections of bread, eggs, noodles, fruits, etc. They offer free flowing of coffee & tea for you at any time of the day.

Location is very good since the area is a few minutes away from the night market. A good & delicious place to eat pho bo is also quite near the hotel. There are shops around the area for you to look around. Mini marts are also quite near the hotel. The nearest supermarket is called Intermix (not sure of the name) which is an estimated walking time of 15 mins.

Room Tip: If you really want to stay here but you have a problem on walking up & down the stairs, the hote...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Philippines
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Pros: The staff (Toh & Ten) are very helpful and cheerful. They'll surely brighten up your day. The hotel is also great on the budget. The room is clean and the bed is very comfortable. The shower's pressure is strong and the heater is reliable.

Cons: There is no elevator for people staying on the 4th and 5th floor. Hence, this hotel is recommended for young people. I also had problems with the plumbing at the sink.

Overall, I recommend this hotel for its super friendly staff and cleanliness. Thumbs up!

Vermilion, Ohio
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed here for three nights March of 2014. The hotel has a great location. It is walking distance to most of the historical sights to the west and the old quarter. For the price, I don't think you could ask more of a hotel. The complimentary breakfast is basic (eggs, bread, coffee, tea, and some fruit) but is enough to start your day. The only small complaint I had was street noise in the front room. Let me say that I am a notoriously light sleeper, so the beeping scooters that woke me up, might not be loud enough to bother everyone. I asked if they could move me to a back room for the next two nights and they did so cheerfully. I slept straight through the night the following nights. I would also like to highlight how helpful the staff was. They are English speakers, and took an interest in helping me see the sights. I left each morning with a complimentary hotel map of the city with little circles and arrows to sights, and restaurants they recommended based on what we talked about. The most helpful thing they did for me was when I told them I wanted to go to the Ho Chi Minh Trail museum that is about 40 minutes out of town. The desk staff and I did some internet research together and they came up with an easy municipal bus plan to get there. They even wrote out some instructions that I could show to the bus conductor. It worked like a charm. Instead of an expensive taxi, I was able to take the bus for the VND equivalent of $0.40 each way. A+ for the staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Mandaluyong, Cavite, Philippines
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hanoi Blue sky hotel indeed leave up to my expecatation. I choose this hotel because it was the #1 best value hotel in this site list and read lots of good reviews.
The room is very nice, comfy, and clean and the staffs are friendly and very helpful.
They are ready to help you in whatever things that you needed, may it in information, tour bookings, or currency conversion:)
It's like a one-stop-shop :) and because of this we experienced a worry-less vacation trip:)

Dien Bien Phu, Vietnam
Reviewed 22 March 2014

on my last few trips to Hanoi I have discovered an old trend is alive and well …. often in the past when I had tried to book into a certain hotel I was shuffled sideways to a sister hotel, sometime happily, sometimes with disappointment. ….. a couple of weeks ago I booked into the Hanoi Blue Sky online and was redirected to their sister hotel Hanoi Blue Sky 2 … on arrival we were asked to walk a block to the new hotel. What was a surprise was that the hotel was still being renovated or rebuilt. The front desk was an indication of things to come, it was a bit like an onsite construction office ….. non existent breakfast, I went looking for another place to stay …. but it was late in the day and so I ended up settling on a one night trial. To be fair …. nice big room for me overlooking the street with a small balcony, bed was a bit hard for my old frame … but not totally uncomfortable ….. However for my guests (old Viet man and his granddaughter) their twin room was a bit like a dungeon, with the only saving grace being that they had never stayed in a hotel before and thought nothing of it. To add to the discomfort the construction noises was often unbearable for a person with sensitive ears. Overall very disappointing …… what I would say was that the staff tried very hard to please and were very apologetic ……. I don't doubt it could be a nice place to stay when the reconstruction is complete …. and while I understand the company wanting to turn a dollar to pay for the renovation……. it is more respectful to wait until the work is complete….. this negative review is the result of not doing so.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night in the blue sky hotel in March 2014 and for two nights in the newly opened blue sky hotel 2. Staff was very friendly and helped us with everything we asked for. Location is perfect in the old town, everything can be reached in walking distance.
The rooms were quiet and nice, we would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014
Sydney
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Having booked two months in advance, when I got to the hotel we were given room 100 on the ground floor. You probably want to avoid this room.

The room is adjacent to the kitchen and the door opens to the breakfast area, which is 5 steps away. Reception is only a few steps further so it's quite noisy in the room. The hotel front door was kept open while I was there so I could hear everything that was happening on the street as well in the lobby.

There are no windows in room 100 and it would be better used as a store room rather than a guest room. We choose not to stay and were charged a reduced rate of $16 instead of the original $18.

I would not book at this hotel again for fear of ending up in room 100.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends