“The 2nd time around”

Ranked #47 of 362 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Hanoi, Vietnam
“The 2nd time around”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I was a little reluctant to post a second review for the Art Hotel, but this will be an update (I last stayed here in December 2010). All I can say is that it's sort of like going home to old friends. The new and improved Art Hotel is still the best value choice among many many new properties in the 3* category in the Old Quarter, in my opinion. There is no such thing as perfection, and even the Art is not perfect (outgoing calls cannot be placed from room phones), but who cares when everything else is designed to help the traveler in a very strange city in a very strange country!

Room Tip: Family rooms come with an in-room laptop and an awesome balcony
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank JD-the-expat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My mate and I stayed a total of 4 nights at the Art Hotel . 2 at start of trip and 2 at end. These ladys and gents cannot do enough to help ,from advise on where to shop ,organising transport,checking flights,etc. My dog does not greet me with this much enthusiasm. Their english is very good. Rooms were beautifully presented.Was genuninely sad to leave.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed for a period of 5 nights at the art hotel in Hanoi.
Had a very great time staying at this hotel. Just at arriving you get the feeling that your very welcome! The staff was so kind for me.
They gave perfect tips for places to go to.
The room was spotless, bathroom was very nice.
The location of the hotel was good, very close to hoan kiem lake.

This all sums it up to the excellent score!

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank Proppie
California, USA
Reviewed 11 December 2012

A desk staff that calls you by name from the moment you walk in and they hand you a fresh watermelon drink. They help with everything - airport transfers, pickups at the railway station, lots of Hanoi info. They got my tix for me on the night train to Sapa, recommending the best trains to use. I lost the voucher for my return trip. I contacted them while on my way to Sapa and they remedied the whole situation and coordinated everything with the folks at my extremely low budget hotel there. I also saw them help a traveler who had a motorbike accident. Many nice touches such as a snack in your room every night, and fruit in your room during the day. Great breakfasts included. Very good location away from the most congested parts of the old quarter but easy walking distance to anywhere in the quarter and the lake etc. Only thing missing was a little reading lamp on the sides of the bed.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank elliotmar
Kansas City
Reviewed 9 December 2012

No need to repeat everything everyone else has said. Everything about their service is all true. My only recommendation to the hotel if they read these: a small table next to the bed would be great. I like to have water bedside when I sleep and had to keep it on the ground, where I would inevitably kick it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mr_Biggg
Lismore, Australia
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Family of 4 travelling - two teenagers, 13 and 18 years old. We chose the Art Hotel because of good reviews on TravelFish and tripadvisor. It was even better than expected. We booked directly on their website - very easy experience and all questions were answered within a day (allow for the time difference). We arranged a pickup from the Airport - and were very glad we did. Been a while since we travelled overseas and travelling with kids in tow is a lot different to backpacking. Made it so much easier to have someone waiting with a sign - they email you a special code so you can verify it is the correct person collecting you - very well organised. It's a 45 ,inute trip from the airport. When we arrived they greeted us with smiles and a welcome drink and food - my oldest son said this must be how it feels to be rich! Rooms were ready very quickly (ahead of normal checkin time). The fantastic service continued when we had questions re what to see - they give you a map with recommended sites and restaurants etc. Breakfast is excellent and very filling. We wanted to get SIM cards for our phones and they arranged this for us. We also wanted to see the water puppet show (a definite must) but did not realise you normally book a day in advance as it sells out fast - so they sent someone to check next available session times and got us tickets - so helpful.They even remembered all our names. They do everything possible to make your stay enjoyable - cannot recommend them highly enough. They booked a Halong Bay 2 night cruise - they do not recommend bad operators - and it was fantastic - so glad we took their advice. When we returned from that to stay another night, it was my older son's 18th birthday, and they presented him with a birthday cake with his name on it - he was extremely impressed and it just made us feel so glad we had chosen this hotel. Would definitely stay there again. We stayed i two seperate rooms on the same floor - which was fine - would probably stay in a family room next time - as much easier with a family - but be aware that these rooms have a balcony over the street so can be a bit noisy if you're not used to Hanoi. Great for watching street life though.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Adam H
Warrnambool, Australia
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Thanks to the lovely staff for a wonderful night in your family room. The balcony was special, the breakfast was delicious. Our family of 5 found it central to what we were wishing to do. Thanks trip advisor for great start to holiday. Hotel was as advertised on website

Room Tip: The balcony in our twin king bed room was marvelous, feeling of space.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family