“Amazing Service”
Review of Art Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Art Hotel
Ranked #55 of 421 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night only yet we were treated like we were staying at a 5 star hotel for a week. In fact we've stayed at 5 star hotels and the service at Art Hotel was better! We arrived at midday Friday and inquired about water puppet tickets for that evening's show. We thought the receptionist would call the theatre or check the website but instead they sent one of their staff to collect tickets for us at the theatre and had them ready at reception for us to collect when we returned to the hotel from our afternoon walk. We checked out the following morning at 7.30am (staying less than 24 hrs at the hotel) as we were heading off to Ha Long bay for the night and returning to Hanoi the following afternoon to take the night train to Sapa. When staff realised we were returning to Hanoi at 4pm (after Ha Long) and our train wasn't until 8pm they suggested we return to their hotel to take a shower and freshen up before our evening train. After freshening up they offered to take us to the train station to ensure we swapped our vouchers and boarded the correct train as we were a little confused as we had purchased vouchers instead of tickets. All this and we stayed less than 24hrs. Best service ever! Staff were exceptionally professional, friendly, personal and thoughtful. Rooms were spotless, we had one at the back so it was very quiet and breakfast was cooked to order. Amazing and wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back if you want something more quiet. Front rooms in any hotel will be more n...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Was at the hotel for 5 days and 4 nights, enjoyed the experience as the staff really put an effort in helping you out in any manner. Small hotel but big in service. Would recommend it to any traveller. Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was the third time I've stayed at Art Hotel over the last 2 years. Another great stay! The staff were, as usual, lovely and helpful- remembering our names and chatting like old friends. I lost my receipt and when I emailed them they sent a scan right away, with a friendly message. The room was clean and quiet, with everything you need. The breakfast was great- the banana pancakes are delicious :) The pick-up from the airport was pleasant too- I'd recommend this, as it totally avoids the stress of a Hanoi taxi. Only one very minor thing- the printers didn't work again downstairs.

I'll definitely be staying here again! :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Art Hotel is a small hotel that's ideally located in the old quarter of the city. The hotel's location makes it the best choice for walking around town as everything is just minutes away by leisurely stroll. Being a small hotel, the facilities are modest but very clean by any standard, but what really makes this hotel shine is the excellent staff who go out of their way to make you feel at home and provide any service required.

Everything from the warm greeting upon arrival to personally making sure you are comfortable shows the genuine care and pride of the staff in their work. No wonder this hotel has consistently earned top marks from reviews and TripAdvisor. I will definitely visit Hanoi again, and this hotel was a great and memorable part of the trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Art Hotel Hanoi for a total of 4 nights as our first stop in Vietnam and really enjoyed the experience. Hanoi can be an overwhelming city for the uninitiated but the hotel was a nice haven in a great location.
The staff were extremely friendly and always keen to help. Nothing ever felt like it was too much to ask. They made an effort to remember our names and helped us a lot to book tours and our ongoing travel needs.
It's true the room we stayed in had no windows but I'm guessing this could be not so uncommon in the heart of Hanoi. The room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was good too.
I definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: If noise is an issue, choose a quiet room. If you prefer to have a window, choose otherwise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

After a night at the Essence Hotel, I had to move to the Art Hotel since the Essence was fully booked. The difference between these two hotels is striking. I stayed in room 202, which has no windows and tired furniture. The rooms smells of mold, which is somehow related to the air conditioning. The laptop in the room did not provide working internet access, however the Wifi was fast. The toilet was not clean, there was only one bath towel and no shower gel.

Stains were on the towels, on the sink and on the ceiling. I found a long hair in the fresh towels, more hair in the complimentary fruit platter and another hair in the banana pancake the next morning. I suggested that the chef could start wearing a hair tie, and the friendly staff thanked me for the "good idea".

The breakfast is average with a small selection of fruit and toast and some items from a menu. Nothing like the fantastic choice and presentation at the Essence hotel. My room was not cleaned until 3pm the next day, while the Essence hotel made up the room after I had a shower on my check-in day.

Staff is friendly and helpful, the large umbrella in the room was useful, and the location is pretty good. I'm not sure how the other reviewers were so impressed with this hotel. My suggestion is to stay here only if you cannot get a room at the Essence or its sister properties in Hanoi.

Room Tip: Window-less rooms are depressing
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank singularity0
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Loved the hotel . The staff could not be more helpful. Emily and Sue are the perfect hosts and made our trip to Hanoi fantastic. Great for children we travelled with our 4 kids and we we very welcomed. The helped orgaise many of our excursion which was most helpful
Highly recommended

Room Tip: 501 was a great room with a balcony and a large bathroom , however had no complaints about any other...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family