“Very enjoyable stay”
Review of Art Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Art Hotel
Ranked #55 of 421 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We booked here for 2 nights in Hanoi on the basis of Tripadvisor recommendations and we were not disappointed - in fact, we extended our stay for a further three nights, as we liked it so much.

We stayed in a city view deluxe room, the first time on the first floor, the second time on the second floor. Rooms are standard sized with wooden flooring and a good range of facilities (decent sized bathroom with shower, wardrobe with in-room safe, good working desk with complimentary laptop, etc.) and a couple of unexpected extras - umbrellas in the wardrobe, fresh flowers, complimentary mineral water and fruit, etc. Although the room faced a busy street, it wasn't noisy, and we slept well in the large, comfortable bed.

Others have mentioned breakfast, and I have to second their recommendations - breakfast is included, and consists of a wide range of western and Vietnamese options so, whether you fancy pho or pancakes, it's on the list. Food quality was good, and there was also a buffet selection with a wide range of fruits, cereals, yoghurts, etc.

What set this hotel apart from me was the staff - everyone we dealt with was courteous, keen to help, and interested in our trip and providing recommendations (without trying to sell particular excursions, etc.). The additional services we availed of (taxis, laundry, etc.) were executed very well and efficiently, and the room r ate was very reasonable. A central location topped things off - great stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark R

Reviewed 12 December 2013

It has been a year since my stay at Art Hotel, but I have not lost my warm memories of this place and my fondness of this hotel above all others. I stay in 5 star hotels globally on a consistent basis for work, as a result many hotels become much of a muchness. But the Art Hotel beat them all for the level of service and dedication to our holiday experience. They were brilliant in suggesting ideas for walking the city, just as they were in storing luggage whilst we headed off to Ha Long Bay. They even helped our kids with learning Vietnamese language whilst eating breakfast. I am smiling whilst I type this recollection, and hope that those reading this will enjoy the same experience! Thank you Art Hotel!

Room Tip: Stay on top floor with the family.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I'm impressed, very impressed. The staff here is beyond exceptional: young ,enthusiastic, and sincere in their desire to make your stay the best possible. The room was Dutch-standard clean; the breakfast had all the basics (right to North American granola) plus an extensive open menu of whatever (and however many plates) you wanted. Overall, the attitude of the staff would put even the luxury Four Seasons chain to shame. Succinctly, this crew can teach the 'big boys' in hospitality how to run a hotel.

Room Tip: The single room I had was small but the value was expressed in the most modest room rate. If you nee...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

The room was clean, the facilities was excelent and the staff was very very welcoming and helpfull.
The breakfast was so delicious and awsome and we was surprise that all the menu is free and unlimited.
I can fully recommend this hotel!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night only yet we were treated like we were staying at a 5 star hotel for a week. In fact we've stayed at 5 star hotels and the service at Art Hotel was better! We arrived at midday Friday and inquired about water puppet tickets for that evening's show. We thought the receptionist would call the theatre or check the website but instead they sent one of their staff to collect tickets for us at the theatre and had them ready at reception for us to collect when we returned to the hotel from our afternoon walk. We checked out the following morning at 7.30am (staying less than 24 hrs at the hotel) as we were heading off to Ha Long bay for the night and returning to Hanoi the following afternoon to take the night train to Sapa. When staff realised we were returning to Hanoi at 4pm (after Ha Long) and our train wasn't until 8pm they suggested we return to their hotel to take a shower and freshen up before our evening train. After freshening up they offered to take us to the train station to ensure we swapped our vouchers and boarded the correct train as we were a little confused as we had purchased vouchers instead of tickets. All this and we stayed less than 24hrs. Best service ever! Staff were exceptionally professional, friendly, personal and thoughtful. Rooms were spotless, we had one at the back so it was very quiet and breakfast was cooked to order. Amazing and wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back if you want something more quiet. Front rooms in any hotel will be more n...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Was at the hotel for 5 days and 4 nights, enjoyed the experience as the staff really put an effort in helping you out in any manner. Small hotel but big in service. Would recommend it to any traveller. Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was the third time I've stayed at Art Hotel over the last 2 years. Another great stay! The staff were, as usual, lovely and helpful- remembering our names and chatting like old friends. I lost my receipt and when I emailed them they sent a scan right away, with a friendly message. The room was clean and quiet, with everything you need. The breakfast was great- the banana pancakes are delicious :) The pick-up from the airport was pleasant too- I'd recommend this, as it totally avoids the stress of a Hanoi taxi. Only one very minor thing- the printers didn't work again downstairs.

I'll definitely be staying here again! :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business