“5 stars service and charming staff - adorable!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Art Hotel

Art Hotel
Ranked #45 of 332 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
London, United Kingdom
“5 stars service and charming staff - adorable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

I'm overwhelmed by the kindness, charm and hospitality of the staff at the Art Hotel, especially their excellent service and charming smile - from the bell boy to the manager Chris! My room is beautifully layout, clean and quite spacious. The wireless internet access was fast. Everything that you need from a hotel room is there, even an alarm clock! How thoughtful!! The location is really good for taking a stroll around the city and it was not too quiet to walk back when is late at night. I enjoyed the complimentary delicious breakfast. Fresh fruit platter, Vietnamese noodle with beef and follow by a strong Vietnamese coffee are my favourite. I had a wonderful and relaxing 5 nights at the Art Hotel. Thank you to the staff who has highlighted my first visit to Vietnam. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to visit Hanoi.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2010

My bf and I stayed at Art Hotel for two nights. The managers greeted us kindly the moment we stepped in. Bellhops were friendly and helpful all the time. Staff was hospitable and welcomed us to Hanoi with suggestions on where to go around the Old Quarter. Rooms were as clean as how the photos and other reviewers described. Our room was very quiet and a comfortable place to unwind at night. Kettle and tea was available along with complimentary water.

We also booked a Halong Bay tour with them and they were helpful in getting us organized with the van pickup and safe luggage storage while we were away. We also stayed with them after for one night when we returned from Halong Bay. We had no problems with booking another good room. We left very early in the morning before 5am to catch our flight out of Hanoi. The staff was friendly and readily available to help us get out the door in time.

I would definitely recommend Art Hotel to anyone staying in Hanoi if you want a dependable and hospitable place to stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

I'd have to agree with the other reviewers on the Hanoi Art Hotel. This place has it all, and I felt very much at home here. I like this location better than being in the heart of the Old Quarter because you get to see the everyday life of the average Vietnamese here, and the Lake area is not especially far either. If I could criticize this place at all, I would say they need to add a little more "art" to the Art Hotel. Give yourself a treat and reserve at least one night in their family rooms with oversized balcony (must be one of the largest room balconies in Vietnam).

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank JD-the-expat
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

i rang this hotel as i was travelling north,the manager chris spoke very good english on the phone and organised to pick us up at the airport.From the time we arrived at this hotel the hospitality was outstanding,the staff are all very friendly and helpful.They organised our Halong Bay trip(which i recommend to all).I felt very safe leaving my belongings(computer)at hotel while we went up to Sapa.Thanks again to Chris and staff we will be back

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

This hotel, we are sure, has some of the best customer service and "quality" assistance you will find anywhere in Hanoi. This hotel was recommended to us by a local guide of a national park - he said "trust me, you won't be disappointed".

We arrived in the evening and were seated at a "very clean" eating area, offered refreshments and shown to our room, which was very clean, spacious, very nicely dressed and overlooked the street. We paid a little extra to stay in a "delux" rooms which was excellent value at around $65.

This is some of the service we are are talking about:

1) After coming down from our room, we wondered where a good Indian Restaurant would be (our favourite food). The manager Ms Lee immediately looked up the address of an excellent restaurant, called a taxi and then negotiated with the driver a fair price to take us there.

2) Whilst looking up the restaurant details, we advised we wanted to go on the Harlom Bay day tour the very next morning but we were not sure if we had left it too late. Ms Lee said, not a problem, whilst you are at dinner, I will book your day trip for you. Sure enough, when we came back, the tour was booked and we were collected at 8am the next morning after a great breakfast and vietnamese coffee. English is spoken very well which assists greatly when trying to organise future events.

3) After our day trip, we decided to get the bus to drop us off at the same Indian Restaurant that we'd been the evening before (to avoid catching a taxi from the Hotel). Accordingly, we arrived back at the hotel later than the tour would ordinarily drop us off. Ms Lee was worried about us and took the time and initiative to call the tour company to make sure we were ok and that the bus had not broken down or worse. We thought this a sweet and caring gesture.

4) The next morning (our last day), I mentioned how much I liked the coffee served at the Hotel and I asked where I could buy it. Ms Lee said, "I will take you to where I buy the coffee for the Hotel". "You will not find it in tourist shops". So she went to the trouble of taking me on her motor bike to the shop - we even did an extra tour around town to find my husband who stayed behind to walk around as he is very tall and would not fit on the bike. Anyway, the coffee is excellent and I am drinking it now at home, thanks to Ms Lee. It was also lots of fun to be chauffeured around Hanoi on bike by someone I could trust.

5) Whilst waiting to be collected to go to the airport, we were keen to eat some of their choc. mango crepes (which they have on the breakfast menu). It was around 2:30pm in the afternoon and they explained the kitchen is closed. We tried to see where else we could go, but unfortunately, all the crepe places were too far away in order for us to meet our airport schedules. Upon realising this, Ms Lee and the owner Chris, unexpectedly came up with a solution that their breakfast chef (who was now working elsewhere at this time of day), come back to the Hotel and cook us crepes. We did not realise that the chef had to come to the hotel especially for us when we excepted the offer of crepes. So in the end, when we did find out about all the trouble the staff were going to, we felt guilty but so cared for. We greatly admire the caring nature of all the staff. The crepes were just what we needed and we thanked all the staff profusely.

Lee Moon is Ms Lee's sister and is beautifully genuine and Chris, the owner is also so pleasant and helpful. Upon leaving in the taxi, we felt we had grown close to all the staff and I genuinely felt I would miss them. For a comfortable stay, excellent assistance with organising tours etc and for that extra touch of friendliness and homeliness, we recommend the Art Hotel for every type of traveller.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tubbado
seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

I spent 2 nights in mid-november 2010 and couldn't be happier. The service and attention to your needs is incredible. For me it was centrally located to the places I was interested in and easy to find after you inevitably get turned around in the Old Quarter. From bell hops to the manager and the lovely desk crew they alwaysmade sure you were taken care of. I assure you I was willing to write this review from the day I arrived. If great value in a small hotel is what you want this is a find.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank ziwottraveler
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2010

As a gay couple, we found it refreshing that this appeared gay-friendly. No-one raised an eyebrow when we requested a double bed. This place is hard to find and is very small. The rooms, however, are beautifually decorated, and you feel like you are staying at a B&B. You don't even notice there is barely a window present. The breakfast is nice and the staff are helpful with organising tours for you.
The most impressive thing about this place is the friendliness of the young staff there. They really made our stay enjoyable.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple