“Fantastic Service & Hospitality”
Review of Art Hotel

Art Hotel
Ranked #60 of 437 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 27 February 2011

A little pricier than some budget hotels in Hanoi but the hospitality you receive, amenities in the room and ample breakfast's make it worth every penny. Rooms were clean & super modern, with flat screens, cable, hot pots, hot water, blow dryer, fridge and comfy beds. The staff always received us with a smile and were willing to do anything to make our stay comfortable. It was honestly the best customer service we've received in Vietnam. We would highly recommend staying here and will be staying here ourselves in the future.

2  Thank gennyandadam

Reviewed 17 February 2011

The Art Hotel is lovely - decorated in pale colours it is modern and tastefully furnished. There's a nice breakfast area on the ground floor close to reception and on the lower ground floor there are several computers with printer and a left-luggage area. Staff welcome new guests with a drink while they make the room ready and they are polished and courteous. I didn't sleep too well due to some building work next door (which was out of the hotel's control) but the manager offered to let me use the room all next day after check out as I wasn't catching the train to Sa Pa until 8 pm. They went out of their way to apologise to me and make it up to me - I was really impressed with how considerate and professional they were. When I left for the train station they called a taxi for me and negotiated a good fixed price and took the number of the taxi for safety purposes. I would most definitely recommend this hotel and cannot fault the rooms or service in any way. Not quite on a par with the Elegance chain of hotels in Hanoi, but very close, and fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ruth093
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I have nothing but rave things to say about this hotel. The staff went above and beyond to insure that our stay was perfect, escorting us to the train station for our journey to Sapa, even. They always had smiles on their faces and were extremely professional.

The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and had everything you'd need to feel at home (safe, hair dryer, toiletries, glassed-in shower, free WiFi, breakfast included) and all for $30! The airport transfer is $16 one way, but I felt that this was perfectly reasonable since it is almost equivalent to what you would pay a taxi. I know this because on our first night our pick-up driver was a taxi and he turned on his meter when he left the airport and sure enough, right around $16.

We also did a package tour booked through the hotel. The package was a 3d/2n Halong Bay trip aboard the Phoenix Junk and then one night stay at the hotel. The ship was perfect, food excellent, and it even had a huge upper deck! All transfers were smooth and professional.

This hotel is brand new so I was surprised that it was so high up on the Trip Advisor list. Give it a try!

1  Thank audjie504
Reviewed 16 February 2011

We stayed at the Art Hotel during the Tet holidays, and were very impressed by the courtesy of staff and the amenities that were provided for the price we paid.

Firstly, Chris, Ms. Lan and other staff members were very helpful with arranging our pickup from the airport. All email enquiries were replied to promptly. Art Hotel staff were genuinely happy to help with any travel related questions we had.

Rooms were spotless, showers had running hot water, wireless internet, and cable TV. The hotel is very, very clean. Complimentary breakfast was included in our stay.

The Art Hotel is centrally located within walking distance to many major sites and shops in Hanoi. I highly recommend the Art Hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Booked this hotel because of all the positive reviews on this site, and it was fine for our one night stay, but there was a mixup over our airport pickup which resulted in a two hour wait at the airport - not ideal when we arrived close to midnight and had to be back at the airport at 10am the following day. The staff were apologetic but still charged us the full $16 fare even though we had to share a car with another couple who were also being picked up by the hotel's drivers. I'm sure they were charged the full fare too.
The bed was also very firm (though we slept fine on it), and there were ants in our shower, but overall the hotel is clean and spruce, and the breakfast service is good. I would consider staying there again.

5  Thank sicjm
Art_hotel_Hanoi_GM, General Manager at Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2011

Dear all valuable customers and Readers,

Firstly, we would like to send our best thanks for your support so far to Art hotel Hanoi. It is our great honor to be of your all service.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that have caused during your stay at our hotel and thank you for your comments on our hotel service & facilities. Though it is the first time to hear that matter, we fully realize the problems happened once with your transportation and room services. Be informed that several rectified actions are expediting immediately as:

1. Replace the hotel driver even his reason for sharing transfer that is Tet holiday so it's very busy for car organized and we are going to buy one new car to complement for 02 van already running. We are committed bring the best service for all our customers. This work shall be completed within the next 5 days as the on-site inspection had been done and our order already been made to the manufacturer.

2. Replace all the shower system and request the company bactericidal for refreshing all hotel rooms. This work shall be completed in 5 days by our technical team.

We believe that such above measures will effectively work and further ensure you a pleasant stay here.
We are once again sorry for the inconvenience. We thank you all for your kind understanding and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you in Vietnam.

Your sincerely,

Chris- Art hotel General Manager.

Reviewed 28 January 2011

The Manager 'Chris' was very helpful and took very good care of me. In fact, all the staff were great. Clean, comfortable bed, good breakfast, it's a brand new hotel and a welcome respite from the frenetic pace of Hanoi. My room overlooked the street and I slept with no problem at all. It's a great hotel at a great price.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2011

We felt very safe and comfortable in this wonderful hotel. We arranged with the hotel to be met at the airport, which I feel is essential in Hanoi, and for $16 were delivered to the hotel safely to begin our stay. The staff are incredibly friendly and also professional. They have high standards in service and presentation, better than some much more expensive hotels we have stayed at. Communication is no problem as staff are very flunt at English.The hotel has been refurbished and is as new. Our room was at the front and there was no noise when the windows were closed. I found the bed too hard but that's a personal thing, others would like that. Breakfast was great. Fresh fruit, watermelon juice, eggs, crunchy baguettes, banana pancakes .......yum! Chris can organise any tours you want and we did a one day tour to Halong Bay, around $35 each, 16 people, beautiful lunch on board the boat, a very enjoyable day. He was very accommodating. I was a bit anxious as we had had a terrible, crowded trip to the DMZ earlier in our holiday and I was anxious about numbers and comfort. I had also read of other very rushed "touristy" trips. He coped with my "anxiety" and assured me the trip would be everything I wanted and it was. It may have cost a few dollars more than at some other places but really $35 for a day like that was amazing value for money. We also had bad experiences with Jetstar, wouldn't deal with them again, and the hotel organised alternative plane tickets for us, which were delivered to the hotel. We walked everywhere from the hotel which is great as taxis are not something you want to have to deal with in Hanoi. There are no restaurants in the same street but the staff directed us to places to eat. The Green Mango is a very modern classy restaurant and was expensive by Vietnamese standards, $60 for two, but we had a wonderful meal and several drinks as well!!!!! We were near the end of our holiday and it was a nice change from all the cheap eats we had been enjoying.The other was a Vietnamese restaurant which had a huge variety of food and was very cheap. Sorry can't recall name, Ngon ......? We ate there a couple of times. A walk from the hotel but we enjoyed the sight seeing. Make sure you understand the directions clearly before you set out.We never felt unsafe on the streets. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel, especially for anyone who is concerned about all the stories you hear about problems travellers experience. The Art Hotel is a truly safe haven in a bustling city where you can be assured the staff will do their utmost to make your holiday as perfect as possible.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple