“Convenient and good value”
Review of Hidden Charm Hotel

and 1 more site!
Hidden Charm Hotel
Ranked #465 of 598 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 21 October 2010

A lot of thought has gone into making Hidden Charm comfortable. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are well appointed and clean. The hotel is well located near the lake but not too noisy as it's on a side road.
The website is awful but don't be put off -the hotel is nicer than the amateur site would suggest and reception replied to my email promptly. The only criticisms I would make are that the duvets are too small, and I would have preferred a normal shower to a full on spa bath but hey I guess some people like that kind of thing.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annaboyd
There are newer reviews for Hidden Charm Hotel

Reviewed 8 October 2010

Beautiful little hotel with gorgeous wood floors in the rooms, spacious, steam shower enclosure, flat screen tv. Good wifi, lovely breakfast (western) , refrig. Cost $35 while I was there at the busiest time of the year.
King bed with lovely linnens. Couldn't be happier! Wonderful crew at the desk and good bookings of trips too!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank chisana
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We really enjoyed staying in the Hidden Charm. The hotel is clean and modern and in a good location for the old quarter (not far from the lake). The rooms were of a good size, and contained good facilities. The staff were excellent, from reception, sales, night staff and the breakfast team. If we return to Hanoi in the future, we will return to the Hidden Charm. Thanks to the team!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DarrenDLondon
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed at Hidden Charm for 4 nights in the middle of September. We had booked a Regal Elegance room but it was at the front of the hotel and rather noisy. We asked to be moved and were moved to a room at the back of the hotel which was much quieter. The hotel is in a narrow lane at the back of the cathedral (turn right out of the hotel to go past the cathedral and find the lake). We enjoyed staying here and would recommend it but they let themselves down by lack of attention to detail - no tissues in the room, no tea bags, broken lights, cool shower water in the evening, thin towels. The staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was OK but I was rather sick of omelettes after 4 days! It's reasonable value though.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PipNZ49
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Very comfy hotel in the middle of hanoi. Staff was very friendly and helpful at all the time. The cozy rooms and excellent location come at a fair price.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swiss30
Reviewed 19 September 2010

When I clicked on the hotel on TripAdvisor a coupon popped up for 40% off and free airport pickup. The rate on booking.com was $40 a night and they said that was the coupon rate. I was met by a driver with my name but he got lost looking for the hotel and had to call three times till he found it.

When I arrived I was met by Jenny who said my room was being made. In the meantime she had me sit down and made small talk and asked what my plans were in Hanoi. When I told her I had already booked my tours, surprise, my room was suddenly ready. I knew this was a little sneaky, but it was a soft sell and I was happy to be able to check in at 10am. However, they told me they would give me a quiet room that was not facing the street. It was anything but quiet! DO NOT STAY IN THIS ROOM! It is the first one up the stairs and you hear EVERYONE talking in the lobby because the door faces the lobby. The room is large but has very bad lighting and the bathroom came with a Japanese style capsule shower that was trendy, but if you are tall, you will have a hard time taking a shower. One of the few times in my life I was glad I am short. The bed is hard, but they provided a mattress pad that helped.

The free breakfast buffet is good, with fresh squeezed orange juice.

The girls during the day are very helpful and speak good English. However, the men at night are of no help at all if you can't speak Vietnamese.

Excellent location just off a main street.

Overall, I would probably try another hotel because there is so much competition in this price range and if 40% off is $40, the hotel is over priced. At $40 it was a good value.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
9  Thank bpdogs
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I want to thank Jenny and the other staff at the Hidden Charm Hotel for providing me with such a great visit to Vietnam. I surely will return!

You and all of your staff were wonderful to me -- from the other women who worked at the desk during the day -- to Dang on the night shift -- to the cleaning staff -- to the breakfast crew. You all made my stay a wonderful one and I will always remember it!

You asked for feedback on the hotel itself and the only improvement I could see is that the bed was somewhat hard but when I slept on top of the covers it had enough padding to be comfortable. So, one improvement might be to place some padding over the mattress to make it a little softer. But this is my ONLY suggestion.

Everything else was perfect and as I mentioned you and the other staff made my stay a pleasure! So, I surely will be coming back to stay with you sometime -- I hope soon.

Thank you, Jenny, and please let the other staff know how much I appreciate their great work.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo