“Great mid ranger for short stay in Hanoi”
Review of Hanoi Allura Hotel

and 1 more site!
Hanoi Allura Hotel
Ranked #492 of 596 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Very cheap mid range place to stay. It has changed name in the past year which surprised us but no problems as the hotel is excellent.

Friendly staff that organised an overnight trip for us to Halong Bay & our overnight train to Hoi An. For the life of me I can't remember the girls name on the front desk but she was so nice and helpful. She also recommended a place for us in Hoi An which turned out to be our favourite hotel in our 8 week trip of SE Asia - we are flash packers :) if you care to note, that hotel was Vinh Hung 2.

We got the top end room which was about $40 a night. It was very clean, great aircon and very big.

The set breakfast was standard, good enough.

It is right in the middle of the old town, so plenty of cheap shops to shop and eat at. You can walk everywhere no worries.

Our only negative comment which doesn't really reflect on Allura, was the trip to Halong Bay. From what we have heard, most of the the tours to Halong Bay are the same: you get on a boat, get forced to march around the various caves and sights in the bay, have to have meals at set times and so on. We paid $110 a night for what seemed like a highly organised, well oiled machine of a tour. We like the more relaxed, do what we want when we want approach. We heard there are tours like that, but they cost more. All I can say is shop around for your Halong Bay tour to make the most of the natural beauty.

Thank you very much for making our time in Hanoi enjoyable!

• Stayed: May 2012
There are newer reviews for Hanoi Allura Hotel

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed at the Allura hotel for 3 nights at the start of my month long tour of Vietnam & Cambodia.
Location of the hotel was perfect, in the old quarter area not far from the Hoan Kiem Lake.
My room was very comfortable & I slept well.
There was no lift but that was OK for me as my bag wasn't heavy.
The staff were very helpful & friendly. The manager was very kind & tried to help me with problems I was having with my laptop.
Breakfast was fairly basic and would be the one negative thing that I'd say about the hotel. Also, there were only a few tables in the eating area for breakfast so some people had to eat their breakfast in the reception area.
I enjoyed my stay at the Allura & am happy to recommend it to other travellers.

Room Tip: No lift so don't ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Newmorton
AlluraHanoihotel, Manager at Hanoi Allura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

That's our pleasure to served you in our hotel. Thank you very much for your stay and your review on Tripadvisor. We wish the best comes to you with healthy and successful.
We was happy when we saw your review. That's means we were successful in customer care, making you comfortable during your time in Hanoi. It is the result of our efforts every day, is to listen and understand what our customers want and need. But we will still have to try harder to improve ourselves, improve our services quality as well as bring you the nicest stay.

Once again, thank you for your great stay and using our services. We wish to get in touch with you and see you in the nearest future.

Manager of Allura Hanoi Hotel

Reviewed 9 January 2012

We were greated by very friendly and welcoming staff upon arival and we checked in to our balcony room.

We were escorted upstairs to our room (no lift just stairs) room looked nice but had small bathroom (not a full size bath), the bed was rock hard and we were told our room had sound proof windows!!!!! Not a chance they were! The beeping coming from the road was consistent and it was almost impossible to sleep, especially with the rock hard bed, also it wasnt a balcony it was a Juliet balcony! But there was no view to see anyway just the busy noisy street, and you defiantly can not see the lake from here!

The following morning we asked to move room and moved to the room opposit away from the road, this room was much quieter but this was only because it had NO windows!!! So it was very dingy, it did have a softer bed though!! It did have an internal window that you could see down to the kitchen area, but this meant food smells and chef chit chat and constant hocking of throat clearing was heard!

I wouldn't stay here again, I would advise on staying just outside of the old quarter that may be quiter!

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,W
Were very sorry to hear about your not really good experience on your trips and your stay at our hotel. What a pity we could not have information about your travel plans mean we could take care of you at any times and try to ask the best service for you. We have tried our best to care for you, providing information and experiences while traveling in Vietnam, but you still have some bad experiences, about not really good services.

Anyways, we thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It will be valuable experience for us. We will have to try harder to improve our services quality and our conditions to bring the nicest stay for my guests and your next stay (if you come back to our hotel). We wish to hear the news from you soon and greater is that you will come back to our hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed at Allura hotel for a week before caught a flight to HCMC. The hotel was in a very central position of the Old Quarter. The manager - Mr Tuong - was very fun and helpful. He helped me with attraction in Hanoi and gave me some helpful advices for travelling in Hanoi. Since the hotel located in the center of Old Quarter, I could easily find restaurants and some were great. The room was large enought and clean. The price was reasonalble so I think this hotel is a good value for money. Would stay again and recommend!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank oempia
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Recently I stayed at the Allura Hotel in Hanoi, immediately after arriving I met the Hotel Manager Tuong or Mr Wall. Tuong is kind and friendly and extremely helpful. He helped me plan an itinerary for the rest of my time in Vietnam and with his guidance I really got the most out of my Vietnamese experience. He got me the best prices with my tours and accomodation and for that I will always be grateful.

The hotel itself was beautiful, for such an affordable price I did not expect such a wonderful room, not to mention an included breakfast which never disappointed. The room was spacious, air condtioned, had full wi-fi and impecably clean. The location was also unbelievable its right in the heart of the Old Quarter. The best restaurants are a stones throw away and the night clubs too. All your shopping can be done nearby and you can almost see the the gorgeous Hoan Kiem Lake from the Hotels reception.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful and my time at the hotel was unbelievable. Meeting the staff and staying there was really a highlight of my trip and I will always make sure to go back there when I return to Vietnam.

Room Tip: Talk to Tuong or Binh, both men are absolute saints.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
9  Thank Jack O
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I stayed this hotel for 3 nights after having bad experience of staying in a hotel at HCM. I was not expecting much of anything from so called "the reasonably cheap" accommodation. However, this Allura hotel was different, made my Hanoi stay better and nicer that I want to come back and stay here again.
The staffs were very helpful as professional and speaks very good English. I had a problem of one day Halong Bay tour which I have previously booked by online. The staff was very supportive from the beginning and I was very fortunate to be able to change and have alternative great tour on the same day!
The room was nicely clean and tidy, though the hotel itself doesn't have a lift (elevator) but it's fine because the staff will help you to carry all your baggage and the hotel building itself is consisting of total of 4th floor tall building that you can easily walk up. The Internet PC available on each room.
Moreover, the breakfast was pretty good that they have western style(bread / egg/ omelet / fruits / vietnamese coffee/ fresh fruit juice) breakfast and vietnamese style that you can choose either way.
It's located the old street/city close and easy access to the lake or the night market.

I would like to come back to stay this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
11  Thank Atsuko K
AlluraHanoihotel, Manager at Hanoi Allura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear Atsuko Kawaguchi,
We are so happy when you come back to Japan with good memories of Vietnam and we proud to be a part of your time. On behalf of Allura hotel, I thank you for your stay, using our service and greater us your review on Tripadvisor.

For us, The most important are providing our guest the best quality of services and how to make the guests enjoyable with their staying. So we were, are and will make every effort how to all guests who come to us will be comfortable, warm and nice memory. Otherwise, to the guest's time in Vietnam to be perfectly, we also give the guest the recommendations, the advices and share our experiences. We are very pleased that after the guests returned to the their country and send back to us a lot of feedbacks. We wish to get more feedbacks and more commends to help us improve our service quality.

Thank you once again, We wish to see you again in Hanoi and have an opportunity to serve you in your next stay.

Nguyen Van Tuong - Mr Wall
Genera Manager of Allura hotel Hanoi.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

I recently stayed at the allura on three occasions over a month. We landed here by pot luck and an out dated review in lonely planet. When we arived th All the staff made every effort to understand our needs and provide any assitance required. The manager "Mr Wall" became our best friend in Hanoi with advice on anything. He was able to book all our travel needs including trains to Sapa and two completely private tours which he dsigned to meet our needs. Trang in reception is one of the allura's best kept secrets. She is trained in tourism but has taken this job to help improve her english which is not too bad at all. She hosted us on a private tour to visit a small business enterprise (her connection) just outside Hanoi. This was one of the best days we had and a thoroughly worth while experience. Trang will go far as a tourism guide as her nature and desire to help us understand every thing form the business through to lunch withthe fal=mily. I canot over congratulate Ms trang and Mr Wall for making this a wonderful experience.
Our room was comfortable with either a window or balcony to the street. it had aircond, a safe, TV ? and a computer with free internet ( very handy)
I would recomend this hotel and its wonderful staff to anyone.
cheers Mr Jon & Mr Ian

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
9  Thank KispiritsOwner
AlluraHanoi, Manager at Hanoi Allura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Dear Mr John and Ian,

On behalf of Allura hotel, I would like to say thank you for your stay and using our services and very nice review on tripadvisor. We wish the best to you, to your family and also your business.
That was our pleasure to served you during your stay. We had a chance to serve really friendly people During your stay, we still had some shortcomings in the service and you pointed out to us. That's our experiences to improve our service quality. From your review, we recognized our strengths which we need to continue and develop to give all the guests the memorial time and enjoyable with their stay. I hope in one day you return Vietnam and stay with us.