“Hotel is OK if you not used their tour service”
Review of Hanoi Allura Hotel

and 1 more site!
Hanoi Allura Hotel
Ranked #499 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a week. The room is OK but toilet is quite old and water was run out from shower very weak. For breakfast, it was OK and acceptable with good service. However, our main problem was start when we decide to booking tour via hotel. My family were booking deluxe tour from hotel. He offer deluxe tour $35 / person to Halong bay and $35 / person to Tam coc. It is quite a lot of money if you multiply with everyone in my family. In Halong bay tour, It was terrible: the bus is full, we have to sit in extra small seat during travel 4 hrs to go and another 4 hr. to go back. On boat, lunch table is not enough with everyone so someone don't get their food. Finally, I find out from guide tour in this trip that this is standard type and its cost just $15!!!!. When I back to hotel, I complain this on front desk. Unfortunately, He wasn't same guy that sale tour for us. He said he will call tour company to talk with us in tomorrow's evening after we back from another tour that we already pay with the hotel. After we complained a lot last night, on second tour that I quite sure that is deluxe tour that I expected. I did not sure if I don't complain anything; I will get standard tour again or not. However, we were disappointed again when we back to hotel without any tour company waiting for us and we have to departure on tomorrow morning. On the day that we were departure, we are luck to meet the guy who sale tour for us. He saw us and can't run away so he say he can return us just $9/person (35-15 = $20/person). He said he have to save another $11/person for his hotel!!! I got 2 tours in very difference at the same price. May be we gonna have bad luck on first tour but hotel should working more than this. We had to bring our luggage down by ourselves without any help.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ammie1227

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I haver never experienced such great reception at a hotel before. I wish all hotels had staff like Hanoi Allura, they are always prompt to help with a smile. We forgot a very important medication in the room and went to Halong Bay, they went out of their way to find it for us. I would definitely recommend it!

The hotel did our booking for the Halong Bay cruise with a company called Bhayan and we were 3 so they charged us $190 per person and an extra $60 for not occupying a whole cabin, when we got to the cruise and talking to others on the cruise they said they paid a lot less than we did, so it's worth researching before booking. Also my husband found blood stains on the sheet, but we informed the staff and hopefully they rectified it.

Room Tip: room cclear
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank phuonglan t
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We have stayed in Allura Hotel for 3 nights. My friend found a good offer on one of the booking sites. During the stay, I had a feeling that the manager is very unhappy about as not paying the the standard rate, but the one from the booking site. Each day he was asking me when are we leaving. When we were paying for the room he asked us to pay 5$ more and he said "it will be good for him and good for us". Of course, we have refused to pay extra.
The room was clean but my bed mattress had hard springs in the middle which makes it very uncomfortable. There was a very very slow drainage in the shower, so I had to take breaks every 30 seconds while showering.
I felt unwelcome in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barb_J_V
Reviewed 20 December 2012

The Hotel Allura is a small, modest establishment in a perfect location, in Hoam Kiem (Old Quarter). Walking out of the door put me into the middle of the city, and from there it was an easy walk to various street-food vendors, small stores, and general frenetic city pace. It was also easy to get a taxi to anyplace else from there. It is on Hang Boc Street, and it seemed that the taxi drivers recognized it easily. It was friendly, and the staff was very helpful. There are so many small guest houses in the old quarter that it was a bit bewildering trying to choose one. Start here, and save the on-line searching for side trips and restaurants!

Room Tip: Steep stairs and no elevator, so consider the second floor. Good internet access in all of the rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank tsantiris
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in Allura Hotel. Good location right in the middle of the Old Quarter, confortable room, free internet in the reception area, Breakfast with plenty of options, but above all, what stood out was the friendly and helpfull staff. We are very gratefull for their help. Would/will recommend Allura hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank sunny l
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed in the Allura hotel for a night whilst transiting through Hanoi. What suprised us the most was the size of the room for the price they charge. The rooms were well equipped and very clean and the staff were very helpful. This isnt an upmarket hotel, but the price is extremely good value. Our room was internal, so the only window opened up to the stairwell, rooms at the front may have more natural light. For a budget place to stay you would be hard pressed to better it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
AlluraHanoihotel, Director of Sales at Hanoi Allura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear sir/madam
On behalf of Allura hotel, I would like to say thank you for your stay and using our services and very nice review on tripadvisor. We wish the best to you, to your family and also your business.
That was our pleasure to served you during your stay. We had a chance to serve really friendly people During your stay, we still had some shortcomings in the service and you pointed out to us. That's our experiences to improve our service quality. From your review, we recognized our strengths which we need to continue and develop to give all the guests the memorial time and enjoyable with their stay. I hope in one day you return Vietnam and stay with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Staff were the friendliest/most helpful out of every hotel we stayed in our 1 month trip to Vietnam. Room is very well equipped as I said above it even has a computer with free internet if you go for the $23 room. Right where you want to be in Hanoi. Fantastic mid-range room would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: The mid-reange rooms were best.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie S

Dear Charlie S
On behalf of the management of Allura Hanoi Hotel, we would like to express our sincere thanks for your chosing to stay in hotel. We are glad that you had an enjoyable and pleasant time with us.
Knowing well that customer satisfaction is the key to business success, we try our best to continuously improve and live up to our commitment to create a true “home away from home” for you.
Once again, thank you for your valuable support and we are always looking forward to seeing you again.
All the best,