“Fantastic Private Day Tour”

Hoa Lu - Tam Coc Day Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
US$42.00*
and up
Full-Day Tour to Hoa Lu and Tam Coc from Hanoi
Ranked #118 of 806 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Tam Coc Tours has gained much experience in the field of international and domestic travel. With dynamic, enthusiastic, extensively experienced and multilingual staff, such as English, French and Chinese, we are always willing to help our clients in all circumstances and urgent cases. With an enthusiastic and professional service style, we would like to bring special tour programs to customers from the hearts of our tour operators and staff. We are committed to providing services of the highest quality to customers and ensuring that customers experience satisfaction and unforgettable moments when traveling with us.Established in Ha Noi, now Tam Coc Tours has a network of travel agents, both domestic and international, which ensure quality service and competitive prices. Tam Coc Tours will continue to satisfy the wide range of customer requirements and contribute to the diversification and development of the tourism industry in Viet Nam and Indochina. Our mission is to present the history, cultural relics and beauty of Vietnam and Indochina to international friends as well as to introduce world culture to Vietnamese people. We will continue to enhance our status in the travel market, both domestic and international.Why travel with us ? “We know Because we go”
Hanoi, Vietnam
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic Private Day Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

In our holiday in Vietnam, we visited Hoa Lu - Tam Coc, Halong Bay on land. This is one of our favourite tours showing how beautiful and productive Vietnam is. We spent a full day to Ninh Binh, around 2 hours driving from Hanoi. Our driver and guide are very lovely and funny.

We enjoyed the rowboat, paddy fields, caves and the way of life. Each boat can contain 02 people, so my daughter was in the same boat with our guide. Dont forget tipping for the rower. We also took a bike tour to visit Bich Dong Grotto and Thai Vi Temple. Lunch is ok.

Visited March 2014

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“So pretty ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We were so excited on our first day in Vietnam and headed off on this tour organised by our accommodation. The longish bus ride was so interesting for us as every thing was new and exciting. We looked at a temple complex first for a king that was relaxing, untrusted and great photo opportunities. Downside hassled relentlessly by hawkers. Our first time so a bit intimidating as we learned how to deal with them. Then we where taken to a large place for a buffet lunch which was quite good the river boat ride through rice paddies and through caves was also gorgeous, but again totally tainted by people trying to get your money. Our two lovely ladies rowing our boat were so friendly asked us questions about our children etc. We were having a great time even though as we were boarding the little boats we were warned that a tip is expected and they will chase you if you don't. We paddled the boat with hubby doing a large selection not expected but greatfully received ☺the disappointment came as you get to the end and turn around low and behold there's hawkers in boats and we were steamed over for the opportunity, after saying no half a dozen times to a drink they gave up on us and then put the guilts on you to buy your poor ladies a drink as they work so hard for you. Said no a couple of times but our ladies didn't move off so we asked if they wanted a drink and of course they did so we got them one feeling bad if we didn't. Groan! THEN almost back our ladies stop the boat and show us what they want to sell you, being my first day I crumbled and having not enough doing I gave them way too much in US$ not even going to admit how much but I was angry at myself for being such an obvious push over I firmly told them No More Tip! We got out of the boat and ran the gauntlet of the most Intensely ingenious hawkers that have taken your picture at various vantage points, run off and had them printed and chase you down with them, still angry about the boat thing I didn't feel bad just walking by saying no once and meaning it! So get ready I am not exaggerating you will have more fun if you know how to say no thankyou in their language and yours politely then be prepared to not look at them again and move on.

2 Thank Jenny J
Wellington, New Zealand
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Learned so much on history and enjoyed river ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Despite the scorching hot sun,we enjoyed the sampan river ride and the scenery was breathtaking . Was amazed on how our rower rowed using her feet the entire 2 hours. Hoa Lu was very informative tour to fill the gaps of my knowledge of Vietnam.Worth the time.

Visited July 2014
Singapore, Singapore
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Absolutely Stunningly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked this day Tour from our Hotel and did not regret. The scenery was incredible. It was like an inland Halong Bay. The activities there were fun too including relaxed boat ride(where u can even try boat rowing), cycling around the majestic Limestone mountains and Padi fields at Tam Coc, nice sumptous buffet spread of their local food, visit to the Ancient Capital Temple palace of Hoa Lu. Do beware of pesky vendors and even the boat rowers who will relentless ask you for money. Just relentlessly reject politely and they will stop. Lol.

Visited June 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Row Boat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked the tour from Rose Hotel and it cost only 25 $. From Hanoi to Hao Lu-Tam Coc took around 2 hours by van. The first place was Hao Lu, the capital city. Then, we moved to Tam Coc for lunch and enjoyed the rowboat.What I liked the most was; a man who rowed the boat by feet. One boat can contain 2 people. Lucky on me, I was solo backpacker so I had no choice but packed with a friend from Ho Chi Minh. He became my translator automatically ( so VIP :)). Along the canal, you can enjoy the clear water and three caves. When I almost reached the destination, there were many selling boats waiting for us to buy soft drink, fresh fruits or even Red Bull. Of Course, I bought and gave to the rowboat man. The temperature was around 38-40 degrees.Prepare the sunblock and tip for rowboat man at least 1 $.I enjoyed the day trip in Tam Coc, I could touch the paddy fields, caves and the way of life

Visited July 2013