“You have nothing to complain”
Review of Hanoi Hostel

and 1 more site!
Hanoi Hostel
Ranked #44 of 436 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I think people who complain about this place really has nothing else to say anymore because this place is good. Clean, quiet location yet walking distance to everything including the bus station, competitive tour pricing, nice and helpful staff, good vibes - people here are not into partying, free beers and a great breakfast. All for usd 5.5. Seriously? Thanks guys, keep up the good work. I hated Hanoi but this place made it easier

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The room we stayed at (Hang Vai) was great. Two large beds and a nice bathroom. However, the reason for this review is the service was not so great.

First they gave us a terrible exchange rate (which is annoying), second they did not inform us when the room was booked until and knocked on our door, woke us up, and told us to leave. Avoid this confusion by making sure to tell them how many days you want to stay.

Breakfast is very basic and the free happy hour is beer from a large water bottle (no idea where they fill up the water bottle). Will probably not stay there again.

Room Tip: Private room is better if you are tow travellers.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Thanks to Candy who arrange my trips to hanoi, this hostel was great, helpfull, and comfortable. I will recomend for my friends this hostel. Free beakfast in the morning, welcome staff and humble, cheap trip here, sapa, halong bay, hoa lu tam coc, give me bnce room in second floor in first night, be romantic, Very helpfull and was great

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Zulhendri B
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed there got two nights; couldn't ask for a better place. Staff were extremely helpful and hospitable.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by name, by one of the staff. That was really heartwarming and it made me feel homely.

The dorm was decent. I had no problems getting a good night's rest. The only disturbance, especially if you are a light sleeper, would be the daily 6 a.m. public news announcement, which can be a quite audible from the hostel. There were also power ports by every bed so no problem charging my gadgets.

Tour packages were cheaply priced. I did the Sapa and tam coc hoa Lu tour and thoroughly enjoyed myself; moreover I realized I paid much lesser than most of the other tourists.

Thanks you making my stay in Hanoi a memorable one! Would definitely revisit this place during my next Hanoi trip.

5  Thank Ashleycad
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I wound up here by accident. the location was great. They organized my tour to Halong bay which was good. The price was decent. The staff was very confused and typically gave incorrect information regarding food places, atm locations, the time everything closed etc. etc. It was quite frustrating. The breakfast was good - Toast, fried eggs, fruit coffee and tea. The bathroom and room could have been cleaner. Lockers were under the bed and quite large.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tadew
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

I'll start with the good-
Cheap $14 per night for double room, aircon, fridge and proper durvets, comfy beds and hit shower.
Free tea and coffee all day.

Overall we were really happy with the room. The girl asked how long we would stay for and I asked if I could let her know tomorrow as my sister was yet to arrive and I wanted to make sure she liked it.

No one told us about the free breakfast and it wasn't even written anywhere that I could see, I heard of it through over reviews.

The place was dirty, dust caked the banisters and stairs, empty beer bottles about 15 of them stood around outside our door that the cleaning lady had obviously not bothered to carry downstairs after taking them out of another room, along with a dirty pile of linin.

There was a dead insect smooshed on the wall of the bathroom so obviously they did a rushed cleaning job.

At 7am my sister went and had breakfast. It's free so shouldn't complain but it's not nice and I definitely won't eat it again- even for free. Could get a nicer mean for 50 cents on the st. Just plain white bread and a plain over cooked omlet meh.

We went up showered and came down at 8.30am where the girl asked us when we would check out I said ok we would like to stay another night- she replied sorry, we've booked your room out.

Speechless? We had to go back and pack- check out time was at 12 and they obviously wanted us gone before then. But the really annoying thing is I told her I would let her know that day how long we would stay and she said that was fine! If I'd known it wasn't I would of come down later in the night to book but I honestly thought 8.30am would be as good a time as any. Seriously annoying. She should of been more specific. As we talked about what to do she suddenly decided to mention they have another room at the other hostel- why she left it so late to say I have no idea.
Poor customer service. Unhappy customers the end.

1  Thank Violetgracie
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Lovely little hostel and quite central in Hanoi! We stayed for 5 nights in a double room with an ensuite, TV, free wifi and breakfast included. The room is big and the beds are very comfy! The water is also warm, and the room has a fridge if you want to buy milk for cereal, fruit etc.

Make sure you ask them which one you're at before you arrive, as we ended up at their other place and it was a bit confusing for our tour operators too, who did the same thing!

Breakfast was fine- omelette, toast, watermelon, banana- but it's everyday. The same everyday- so if you don't mind then that's fine, because it is included after all!

Staff are friendly and helpful!

Like I said, lovely place to stay, would stay here again!

2  Thank Loz F