“Hotel with great hospitallity. Staffs of widest smile at all time.”

Hanoi Legacy Hotel Hoan Kiem
Ranked #136 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Stayed in the hotel for 2 days.
I would say that the hotel is considered as one that is value for money with nice room setting.
It is nicely at the heart of the old Hanoi town with a 10-15 mins walk to the lake.
Both side lanes of the hotel has good local food and great vietnam coffee (A must drink).
There was great hospitallity provided by the all staffs with the widest of smiles.
I made many enquiries and requested a lot of assistance from the very friendly staffs throughout my stay (Surprizingly good spokenEnglish) which they help to resolve very quickly.
Booking of taxi, changing of flight and recommeding/ directing to the places of visit.
The hotel is well over 5 star in the services provided by the staffs.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Adrian F

Reviewed 26 November 2011

In short - good location in the heart of the old town, friendly staff, good brekky, very modern style in the rooms ( I think the stairway will catch up sometime ) and great balcony views if your room has one. One thing - room strangely had a 'cooler' box rather than a mini fridge, this was changed for a mini-fridge as soon as I mentioned it so top marks there too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hochi1
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Stayed for 3 nights in this hotel, before and after our trip to halong bay. First room was nice, even a jaccuzi in the bathroom, though you wouldn't want to take a closer look at the installations. The room we got after our return from the trip was terrible, damp and moldy and there were bugs in the floor (801)- but after telling the reception we could immediately change to another room. Sad thing besides: Ms. Hoa from the reception actually still owes us 30$ for booking a cheaper, slower train for us but charging us the other one- we only noticed that on the train. Besides staff was really friendly and helpful. We would stay there again but trust less in what Ms. Hoa tells us.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank ElOViI
AEMhotelhanoi, General Manager at Hanoi Legacy Hotel Hoan Kiem, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear Ms. Elovil

On behaft of AN HUNG hotel(old A-EM hotel Hanoi), I thank you for your comment and please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay. To prove to that we take every compaint seriously, I would like to offer you a complimentary two-night stay at our NEW AN HUNG hotel(with new organization and management) at your most convenient time.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit in Hanoi. Please fell free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments conrcerning your stay. Thank you

Best Regards,

Hoang Thanh.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

I extended my stay in this hotel for an extra three days at the end of a group tour through Vietnam. An excellent decision just to get Hanoi know a bit better. The hotel is right in the centre of Hanoi in the old quarters. The staff is very helpful and my room was clean and well kept. Good restaurants at reasonable prices in the heighbourhood. Highly recommended for any traveller.

• Stayed: April 2011
5  Thank willemfeikedeboer
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We had boooked a hotel by internet at home for our first 2 nights in Hanoi. When we arrived at the address it appeared that the hotel was broken down, so we had to look for another one. We met a man in the streets who recommended the A & EM Hotel.We went there and booked a room: we don' t regret it. It is in the middleof the old quarter (The Night Market is around the corner) but when you're in your room you hear nothing of all the noise outside. The room is good and the beds are very fine: you need a good nightrest when you've just arrived after a long travel.
The personel is very friendly. You can use internet for free. We can strongly recommend this hotel for your visit to Hanoi
Anton & Jacqueline , Voorhout, Holland

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank goodlocation
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We stayed for 2 nights, before and after our trip to Halong Bay.
We got an airport pick-up by the hotel, which wasn't cheap, but was convenient.
Our check-in was fine, the lobby was simple. Free internet computers were ancient and the keys on the keyboard on the one I was using didn't all work...super annoying.
The room was just ok. It wasn't as clean as the other hotels we stayed in in Ho Chi Minh or Hoi An. To me, cleanliness is the most important thing...not fanciness. It looked like it was originally nice, but was never upkept. The walls were dirty, the floors too. No outside window either, which felt very prison-like.
The worst part was that there was no hot water. It was very cold in Hanoi, so we would have loved to have a hot (even warm) shower or bath before bed or in the morning. They sent someone up and assured us to wait ten minutes, but we never got any. We called several times, but they never resolved it. Very disappointing.
Breakfast was very Vietnamese...soup. We through together a sandwich which was sufficient for us.
We also had a friend call and leave a message with the front desk to call them (locally). I asked the gentleman on reception that the cost would be for a local call.... he assured me it was free. So I made the very short call. When we went to check out, they tried to charge us $5 u.s. for the call. I explained that I asked before I called and was assured it was free (there are no long distance charges in the whole country of Vietnam anyways, it's all local calling..so $5 is crazy anyways). He said he'd call someone.... and then offered 10% off. I refused to pay, since I'd checked before. Finally, they let me go.
So... for the same price really, I would try for the #1 pick on tripadvisor instead.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Hate-being-cold
Reviewed 2 February 2011

We spent three nights in this hotel. The first was absolutely fine, then we went travelling for two nights and returned to the A & EM to find our rooms had been up-graded. We were delighted with our new rooms and with the service we received, especially from Operation Manager, Nguyen Van Tri, who could not have been more helpful during our stay. The two bellboys were also very good. One in particular not only found us quizzically studying a map in the night market ( very, very busy!) and showed us the way back to the hotel, but also looked after us very well as we waited in the lobby for a long time before our flight departure. Thanks to them all. Nora & David, Northern Ireland

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family