“Amazing service!”

Ranked #121 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing service!”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and had a great room with an amazing view. It was quiet, clean, and very comfortable. The location is perfect - right in the heart of the old quarter close to restaurants and within walking distance of Hoan Kiem lake. We took full advantage of the tour desk in the hotel, booking trips to Sapa and Halong Bay. The trips were great and the hotel staff managed every detail, including taking us to the train station and making sure we got in the right carriage and picking us up when we returned. They also gave us a room for a few hours so we could freshen up after arriving on the overnight train from Sapa and before leaving for Halong Bay later that day. We left very early after our final night and they were kind enough to pack breakfast to-go for us. The daily breakfast selection was very fresh and everything was tasty.

This was one of our favorite hotels during our month-long trip through Vietnam.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ginam354

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Chose this hotel after reading reviews and what was written is quite accurate. Value for money: room is clean and new with wi-fi connection. Friendly staff and the location is great. Only complain is that the place for breakfast is a tad too small - only 5 tables and breakfast ends sharp at 9am so if you are late you may want to consider trying the shop next door!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LinaLim
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My girlfriend and i got pickpocketed on 29 Apr 2012 at the junction of Hang Bac and Hang Ca street while visiting the nite market , thanks to Ms Van, Mr Dung, Mr Thuy and Mr Dang Bang who went out of their way to help in translating our plight inside the police station!

The wireless router was nearer room 504 and the wireless connection gets a bit weak down the corridor to room 501.

We requested for a new bedsheets and slippers and the service was prompt!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The hotel is at great location, very near to Dong Xuan market and walking distance to Hoan Kiem Lake. The employees of the hotel is very helpful and courteous.
Room is good, but I found mosquito in my room. I have feedback to them anyway and they said they will look into it.
My wallet was stolen at old quarter night market. The hotel employees helped me to do police report. I really thank them. they are very helpful!

• Stayed April 2012
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Was given a discounted rate by the hotel for my booking for 4 deluxe rooms and was also given a good discounted rate of US$25 per way for the airport transfer for the 8 of us. Hotel is only 5mins walk to the wholesaler market, Dong Xuan Market which is also where the weekend walking street is. There's also some provision shops and a roadside food stall which serves great fried pigeon and fried beef noodles when you make a right turn from the hotel entrance and turn right again at the coffee place next to the hotel. The first provision stall by a guy offers a better price than the last provision stall before reaching the roadside food stall.
As my elderly parents faced much problems with the constantly wet bathroom due to the bathtub, I checked with Mr Ngyuen and was informed only the superior rooms have the standing shower, hence I downgraded 2 rooms to the superior rooms after my Halong Bay cruise but was informed that I still have to pay the same rate as the deluxe rooms as the discounted rate given was the usual room rate for the superior rooms. Though the deluxe city view rooms also have the standing shower but no offer for a free upgrade was given too. And there's no power in the hotel on my check-out day from 10am which left me packing my luggage in the dark. Though a notice was put up in the hotel on this power switch off, it was not conveyed to me before my arrival. This created a pretty unpleasant experience for me. Paid for both 2 ways airport transfers before leaving for Halong Bay but was requested to pay again for return airport transfer when I checked out, luckily I kept my invoice for my first 2 nights stay that I paid before leaving for Halong Bay. Do ensure that you have 4 mineral water bottles in your fridge upon check-in as I was nearly charged for a missing one which I did not consume.
Both deluxe and superior rooms are the same rooms except for the different bath, book the superior room if you prefer a standing shower, especially if you prefer a dry bathroom. The deluxe room bathroom is always wet after a shower and the marble flooring could prove to be a hazard. Both deluxe and superior rooms only have a small window on the top right hand corner that faces the corridor outside which can be quite noisy. For the rate I was charged, this hotel offers value for money and the deluxe rooms though no windows that you can open, are newly renovated and cosy. The breakfast was good too and you can order pho at no extra charge if you like.
Would recommend their spacious deluxe city view room if you prefer having a view and you do not faced the problem of a wet bathroom too. The deluxe city view rooms are all corner rooms that has the same facing as the hotel front, hence you will not have any problem with the corridor noise if any.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 405 for a more spacious deluxe twin room and also has a window that opens to the back o...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SmurfSingapore
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2012

we stayed at the an hung hotel and we were very happy with our stay. the room is small but it is clean. The highlight of this hotel is definitively the staff and the service. we booked a tour to Halong bay and Sapa village and it was great.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Beverly Hills, California, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I got there at night, but inside of the hotel was new and the lobby was more spacious than I thought. The hotel staff was nice to greet customers.

The room was not as small as I thought. It was quite comfortable for one person to stay and might be ok for a couple.

The breakfast was served by a staff or waitress who was friendly with hospitality for guests' needs and selection of dishes.

David
Beverly Hills, CA

I would recommend for tourists to pick this hotel if they want to save more from their travel expenses that they can stay at an inexpensive hotel with the same service and quality of the expensive 3 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo