“A great Hotel in the Old Quarter”

Hanoi Legacy Hotel Hoan Kiem
Ranked #136 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 14 December 2012

The An Hung Hotel is the place to stay in the Old Quarter if you enjoy friendly, helpful staff who make you feel welcome and very special. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well presented. Breakfast was a treat and a great start to our busy days. We will recommend it to our friends for good value and excellent staff where nothing was too hard to please. It was a pleasure to come back to the warm greetings!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Lurline H

Reviewed 12 December 2012

My husband and I were glad to have stayed at An Hung Hotel for 3 nights. Hotel is conveniently located in the Old Quarter. We liked the clean, spacious room and good quality furnishing. Breakfast spread was great. Their friendly, helpful staff made our short stay so much more enjoyable and when we needed to get a replacement luggage lock, they sent one of their staff out to buy it for us. Our Halong Bay cruise was booked thru the hotel and they put in a request for a good cabin for us too. Must say the hotel played a part in making our Hanoi trip a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pan2012Malaysia
Reviewed 12 December 2012

It is a good and peaceful base in the old quarter of Ha Noi.
Mrs. Linh is a perfect and friendly english speaking manager.
Her staff is very helpful, nothing is too much for them to make it as comfortable as possible.
You can enjoy a delicious breakfast.
Good wifi in the rooms the beds are lovely and the shower was fantastic.
I stayed there for a week and on a long journey feels it like a real home.
Together with my best friend who sits in a wheelchair was it a very special experience to stay in An Hung Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ludo L
Reviewed 9 December 2012

If you're visiting Hanoi, and you would like to stay in the Old Quarter, you probably can't beat the An Hung Hotel. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is a big perk, and the staff are very kind and helpful. I stayed there for twelve days (on and off) with a group of college students from Norway. It probably wasn't always easy for the staff to deal with us, but they were wonderful nevertheless. I can't say enough about them:

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 1962Stephen
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Me and my wife had a wonderful experience at this Hotel located at the Old Quarter.
The rooms are spacious, cozy and clean. The toilet is modern.
The pillows, sheets and bed was terrific for a good night's sleep.
We were humbled with the Front Office Staff's helpfulness and ever ready service. The staff is always smiling and very caring. The Hotel Director assisted us with a staff who showed us where to look for the famous Vietnam coffee and even bargained for us.I was very touched.
Morning breakfast is always a pleasure with bacon,sausages, omlet and traditional delicious noodles.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lift are quieter. Great location for shopping and dining. Higher floors are qu...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wollie_12
Reviewed 8 December 2012

This small hotel in middle of town provide excellent service during my stay from 24/11/2012 to 1/12/2012. When I check out early in the morning at 6.00 am the breakfast buffet is still half hour from opening time, which is 6.30 am. They went to the extend of preparing pack breakfast for two person to be eaten on the journey to the airport, I which to thank them for their excellent service and their friendly staff. Thank you

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank kblowbh
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Guys if your reading this review on Tripadvisor then you’re probably wondering what this hotel was like, so I would like to share my experience. I value the information I have obtained from Trip Advisor in the past and now would like to give something back. Have been lucky enough ( or unlucky enough ) to spend about 45 days in hotels in Australia / Overseas this year alone for holiday & work, this hotel is a stand out for me for many reasons. The hotel has had a complete renovation since I was last there in 2008 although good then it’s even better now. They really have done a fantastic job and should be proud of their efforts ( Prior to the new name, the hotel was actually called Hotel Sunny back in 2008 and due to the name change was quite difficult to find again, but I am really glad I persisted) For a reasonably priced hotel the rooms & day core have improved dramatically since 2008. Now in November 2012 I had the pleasure of staying in a standard room & the deluxe on different occasions both excellent. What in my mind made this hotel a stand out was the staff at the hotel, they went out of their way to ensure that my stay and other guest checked in at the time was exceptional. It didnt matter if you were dealing with someone at reception, the travel desk, the dining room or the cleaning staff everyone made sure that your stay in their hotel was the best it could possibly be. I would stay there again in a heartbeat and was sad to leave this hotel as they made me feel like part of the family and not a guest.
To assist you in your room selection will upload some photos. (1.) Cleanliness of the hotel ( Both the rooms I stayed in were very clean and tidy, there were no marks or stains on any of the linen or scuff marks on any of the walls as you get with some popular hotels due to overuse) (2.) Both showers had adequate hot & cold water pressure they were cleaned thoroughly by the hotel staff daily) (3.) The beds I found very comfortable, they didn’t seem to be two small singles pushed together which was nice & although I am only 175 cm tall I didn’t find my feet hanging over the edge of the bed as I have done in other hotels (4.) Both rooms had a decent air conditioner in them (5) Both rooms had a safe in them to lock up your valuables & also reception offered a place to put your valuables if required which I used at one point with no issue. (6.) The Breakfast selection although slightly leaning towards a western style did have Asian dishes and seemed to change a selection of dishes daily. They had a selection of hot / cold dishes that were constantly replenished. The restaurant where you had breakfast was very clean and the renovations to this room were a vast improvement to Hotel Sunny making it a great place to start the day. (7.) The staff really took pride in their hotel. The staff at reception, the travel desk, security & managers spoke English however not all staff members spoke fluent English but if they couldn’t understand you they very quickly found someone that could. (8.) Even though I was travelling alone the size of the rooms, especially the Deluxe was quite large some rooms in Asia are very small. (9.) I found the location of the hotel very good, however a word of warning to first time travellers to Hanoi & the old Quarter many intersections look the same and it is easy to get lost. I still got a little geographically challenged this time when walking the streets. My suggestion is remember to take the hotel address with you and get to a familiar spot that you will frequent (like the lake) then lash out and take a cyclo home the first time watching carefully which way they turn, even take pictures of intersections if you need if you’re going to try and walk to & from the hotel regularly. After the first time it will be easier. Hopefully this info will help some people with their travel plans.
Chris