“Small hotel with excellent service”

Hanoi Legacy Hotel Hoan Kiem
Ranked #150 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We checked in during the christmas vacation in the Old Quater of Hanoi. The staff Rita provide professional and friendly service to help us, since this is the first time we have been to Vietnam. I was surprise that when we meet friends in Lobby, the staff bring tea on the table. This is a very courteous treatment to my visiting guest. Later when we make short trip to vicinity. The hotel let us store luggages free. The kitchen is clean and the food is delicious. The cook is so humble to ask our opinion. I never experience such an excellent hotel at very economic rate.

Room Tip: try to choose higher floor, since lower floor are close to shops
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 January 2013

As a wheelchair user i was more then happy to stay in the An Hung hotel in Hanoi, the steps to enter the hotel didn't bother me at all, Ms. Linh and her staff are so friendly and helpful, from the moment you step into her hotel till you check out. Price value is more then fair with a good breakfast, although i can imagine that some people like a more varied breakfast, but for me it was perfect. Rooms are very clean and every day housekeeping prepare for the next night. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Hanoi situated in the old quarter, from the moment you step out the hotel front door you can sense, smell and experience the Hanoi day - night live.
2 tumbs up from me for the An Hung hotel, well done Ms. Linh and staff...Stani (",)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I go to Vietnam once a year and have stayed in 5 different places in Hanoi, including 3 up-market 5 star places, but now I have discovered this place, I will not be staying anywhere else!

The hotel has all the facilities that you would hope for in a a much more expensive hotel, but the real selling point is the wonderfully friendly staff, who do all in the their power to make sure you enjoy your stay. They are so accommodating. Rooms are clean and airy and the city centre location is exactly what you need to experience a city like Hanoi. The food is also excellent.

Overall a wonderful stay at a really reasonable price. See you next year An Hung!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TomLawrence157
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Not my first time in Hanoi, but certainly the best. The stay here was excellent, rooms were comfortable and clean and had all the amenities we needed. The best part about this hotel is the location. Right in the heart of the old quarter you can find plenty of things to do and places to get lost for hours (with bia hoi always waiting across the street for you when you get back). The staff were friendly and attentive, spoke good English and were always ready with a recommendation.

My only suggestion is to make sure you have a good map with you (especially of old quarter) as the free one from the hotel can be a little tough to read.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We booked into An Hung Hotel due to a groupon deal to Halong Bay. What a gem we stumble upon! The hotel service easily topped all the rest of the hotels we have stayed in over the years. It feels like home away from home with a team with genuine hospitality. This is a winning team I hope they would carry on for a long time. Particularly Vinh and Linh are warm and helpful. In fact, everyone is great! The hotel organised a free Christmas party which feels like an adopted fami I even feel quite sad when checking out. In general the location is very central, right in the heart of old quarter. Very near to Don Xuan market and Ta Hien bar street. Walking distance to the hoam kien lake. We had stayed in three types of room over the 4 nights there. The rooms are newly decorated and very spacious with comfortable beds and linen. The bathroom has marble floor. The whole old quarter is really noisy. If you are sensitive with noise, I suggest to avoid city view room. Internal rooms or back room are quieter. Though city view room at higher floor can be very interesting. I strongly recommend to book tours with them too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank TouristnTraveller
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We will like to recommend An Hung Hotel, Hanoi, we just visited hanoi last week and stayed in this hotel,they provided a good resting and shopping place for us while we are overthere.

They are very helpful person, espeacially, the manager send the staff to help us to buy some located food,and translated for us, I appreaciated the staff walk with me half an hour just to buy PHO,a vitnamesee noodle.

The staff help us on the day we have moved out and stay in other hotel, we are lucky to passby An Hung Hotel, and just went in and check with them about the noodle, they still help us even we have moved out.

We appreaciated all the informations they provided and we have a good times in Hanoi.

Guest from Malaysian.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Vietnam is my third Asian destination for my birthday getaway and by far, the best birthday ever. Thanks to the wonderful staff of An Hung Hotel. My friends' birthday surprise for me had been made possible because of them. Our entire stay at the hotel was superb. The hotel staff were very friendly and the service is excellent. I have appreciated the Vietnamese more because of how the An Hung Hotel represented them. Thank you. We had a wonderful time. It was one birthday trip I could never forget.

• Stayed: December 2012