“LOVE LOVE LOVED this place!”

Rising Dragon Estate Hotel
Ranked #55 of 592 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“LOVE LOVE LOVED this place!”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Staff are SO lovely here. They will help you out with anything you need. As soon as we walked in the beautiful Hai welcomed us and gave us a map of the city letting us know which places to go and look at or eat at. The rooms were clean and spacious with fee wifi and breakfast included. I would reccomend getting a city view room, you will not regret it!
The hotel it just outside the main hussle and bussle of the city which is great because those horns can get on your nerves after a while! We walked almost everywhere any if we needed taxi it was never more than $2!!
A very special thanks to Hai and Huy who were very kind to my friend after her wallet was cut out of her bag at the night markets (be careful, this happens a lot). They also sent someone (I feel terrible I cant remember his name) in a taxi with us to the train station to help us on our overnight train to Hoi An!
I would 100% stay here again and highly recommed it to anyone.
Once again I would like to say a massive thank you to Hai and Huy, they are just such genuinally lovely people and the Rising Dragon Estate management should be so proud to have such amazing staff. It really did feel like home!

Room Tip: get a city view! our one on level 7 had a hugh balcony!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank MissJasminC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I spent 10 nights in Hanoi in the Old Quarter and found this hotel to be absolutely outstanding in terms of personalised, caring service. From the airport transfer to the personalised advice - it was first rate. The lovely people at the counter really worked hard to ensure my every need was met. There was a genuine care for the person and their efforts were straight from the heart. The room itself was very well-kept. The bed was a little solid for my tender, Western back - but that was the case in all of my Asian trips and not the fault of the staff in any way.
Overall, I would rate the service among the highest that I have come across. Each person I met was genuine, caring and compassionate. The travel advice (about getting around town and for eateries) was fantastic and each employee went the extra mile.
I would highly recommend staying here and would happily go back to the same place next time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Noel C
sydney
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This is the friendliest hotel I've ever been in. Everything was clean and cute. The management were so lovely and efficient with helping us find things to do around the city, organising tours, train rides and offering tips on surviving in Hanoi. Huy and Hai are the best!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank brookeschook
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel was neat, clean and felt like home during our stay. The staff made it amazing though, they were helpful, polite and treated us like family while we were there!
It was better in service and cleanliness than some places we paid $145 per night for!
We loved it so much that when we came back to Hanoi for 2 nights before flying home we came back, and the staff (Huy and everyone else) were so excited to see us again! It really made our time in Vietnam so memorable, enjoyable and happy, I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Hanoi.

Honourable mentions go to: Huy the receptionist, the smiley girl waitress for breakfast and the travel agent lady! Sorry we didn't learn your names. :)

• Stayed April 2012
8 Thank Sofmether
latvia
Reviewed 19 May 2012

While working in Hanoi ,i recently stayed at the Rising Dragon Estate hotel for 27 days.
I have stayed in other hotels in Hanoi,but once I found this place it made me feel like I was at home,the staff and management were all very professional and friendly.I had a great room in the back of the hotel that was like a small apartment that was very comfortable for my long stay.
This place was a great value for the money.
If I make it back to Hanoi I will be sure to stay there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms that I saw were very nice and clean,it just depends on your budget.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank yappasr
Moncton
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

Great rooms; super clean, A/C, flowers on arrival.

Breakfast is free and is a full service breakfast (not just continental)!

AMAZING staff!! Literally always smiling and looking to help you out with luggage or excursion planning. Huy at the reception was fantastic, he is so helpful and genuine!

Stored my luggage for extra days while i was away trekking at no extra charge.

• Stayed May 2012
11 Thank Bruxelles06
Nottingham
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We were very impressed before we even arrived , we had booked 4 nights - the second of which was to be spent on a halong cruise but after some further research we discovered a lot of Hanoi (Ho chi minh mausoleum , museums etc) are closed on a monday our only full day , With only a couple of weeks notice the hotel happily changed our cruise and we had the most fantastic holiday there. The room was lovely, we greatly appreciated the welcome bottle of wine unfortunatly we didnt have time to drink it!! The only down fall i would say was the trains, we were on the front of the building and they did run all night blowing their horns. The location was good although on arrival back in Hanoi we checked into the sister hotel rising dragon 1 which was a little more central. Friends we met were staying at a third rising dragon and we all agreed the hotels helpful ness and customer service was second to none. I would highly reccommend booking these hotels and their airport collection service directly on line with them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple