“Great location and service. Organise your own taxi”

Rising Dragon Estate Hotel
Ranked #74 of 647 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in early January 2014. The room was clean, comfortable and to a great standard. We spent a similar price at other hotels across Asia but they weren't as good as this one!
The reception staff were great - in particular Huan was exceptional. He even rang the airline for us to double check our booking had gone through and woke up at 5am for our check-out to say good bye - he works incredible hard and a crazy amount of hours!!!
Breakfast was good too. A bit of choice and half descent cup of tea!
The only criticisms I have are:
1. the charge for the taxi from the airport to the hotel (organised by the hotel) was way over-priced at $19!! Our return journey to the airport was $13... Organised by a travel kiosk around the corner!
2. The service manager (I think her name was Ms. Anna) was a little pushy. Obviously it's her job to get additional sales for trips but that shouldn't be at the expensive to the customer. When we mentioned we were travelling to Ha Long Bay through a travel agent external to the hotel she looked a little annoyed.
Overall - a strong 'very good' and would recommend it!. Just organise your own taxi

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBPage

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Good location, inexpensive, clean and modern hotel. I would prefer rooms with windows personally, but for short stays this place is fine. The only annoyance was i found the plumbing woke me up in the morning, and the bar fridge was noisy. The breakfast was ok. The staff seemed friendly and helpful. Booking an airport taxi from reception was a good option.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jay_pleski
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here twice in January 2014 and after we were given a room on the 4th floor first time we stayed here we were given a free upgrade for the second stay. The employees all speak a good level of English and the service was fantastic. The free breakfast was very tasty however the restaurant menu was a little bit expensive. The beds were comfortable and was a nice view from 9th floor. The shower didn't have a shower curtain however so the bathroom got soaked after every shower. The hotel is very well located and my friend and I didn't have to get one taxi to a sight seeing destination.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mcketueava
Reviewed 22 January 2014

You won't find a better hotel in Vietnam in terms of cost effectiveness, exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, cleanliness and security than this hotel. Anna and her staff go well out of their way to assist you in planning your travel if, you need assistance, and just generally pointing you in the right direction around town.
We booked an excellent trip to Halong Bay through the hotel and our rooms were reserved when we were dropped back at the door the following day, it was almost too easy.
In terms of security, I travel with all the general gadgets - iPad/camera etc - that I'm always reluctant to leave in the rooms and it gets annoying carrying them everywhere but have left them all in the room with total confidence at the Rising Dragon.
Totally recommend this hotel whether you are on a budget or not, it's the best we've been to in Vietnam by a very long way
Eamonn
Sydney

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eamonn H
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here in hanoi as a means of getting to halong bay and we stayed here. It's perfectly located and it's a great place to stay. Great location, extremely helpful staff, comfortable rooms and a very good breakfast. All this at a very very good price. Very happy stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Both my partner and I got upgraded both nights we stayed. The lady at reception can be a bit intense an pushy at putting you on tours but the tours she puts u on are excellent! She organized everything for our tours to our trains to our taxis. They let us keep our bags at the hotel while we went overnight to halong bay

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beckybrummer
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Let me start by saying that I travel all the time for my work and I also have done some backpacking. I have stayed in different type of accommodations, anywhere from hostels to a Five-Diamond hotel. I can make a difference between reality and unrealistic travelers expectations.

LOCATION:
Perfect location, its in the heart of Old Quarter. Everything is walking distance

STAFF:
Very nice staff, very helpful. We booked the airport shuttle. Might be a bit more expensive than taxi but we did not want any hassle. So for us, it was worth the $19. We also booked our overnight trip to Halong Bay with them and they were so nice, they allowed us to cancel a night and keep our luggage for the night that we slept on the boat.

An small issue happened during our stay, we did not expect anything in return but without asking for anything, they decided to call us a taxi for our way to the airport and paid for it as a compensation. This shows me that they care about their customer satisfaction!!!

ROOM:
We booked the one above the standard one and it was worth the extra $5 as I wanted a window... The shower was hot, and the pressure was great. The bed was comfortable. When we came back from Halong Bay, we were upgraded to a family room and we loved it. If I had to book again, I would choose this type of room. It was huge and the sower was even better. We also had a balcony! Very clean room too.

BREAKFAST:
Great breakfast! Not a buffet but good choice.

I would definitely book there again and recommend it to other!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple