“Friendly hotel with good location”

Rising Dragon Estate Hotel
Ranked #55 of 591 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Stockholm
“Friendly hotel with good location”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at the Rising Dragon Estate for 4 nights and we had a nice stay!

Staff: Were really friendly, we were welcomed with a cup of tea and the manager (Ana) gave us some good information of the city and tourist attractions. The only negative thing about the staff was maybe that they were a little too much when it came to our daily plans and it seemed like they really wanted us to book some trip (Ha Long Bay, Sapa etc) through them. But they were very helpful when we wanted to book traintickets to Nha Trang.

Room/Location: We had booked a standard room but were upgraded for free to a deluxe room with balcony wich was nice. It was nothing special though but a nice and clean room with aircon and minibar. Clean bathroom (with bathtub) as well. The hotel is located in the old area of Hanoi but it was still close to the "centre". Not so many restaurants close to the hotel but actually there were not many restaurants on other streets either. A lots of streetfood though.

Breakfast/Restaurant: Breakfast was not much to cheer for... They have a breakfast menu with lots of different things to choose from but you could only choose one thing(?) wich made it kind of poor. Before we left for Nha Trang we ate at the restaurant wich was better!

Overall it was a good hotel and I had a nice stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Richfield, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I traveled to VN solo this trip and I was winding down from my journey from the south. I booked this hotel through someone at the airport since I showed up to Hanoi with no plan other than to go to Ha Long Bay to conclude my trip. I got at taxi to the hotel and as soon as I showed up I was offered a complimentary drink and told to relax while they got my room situated. While I was waiting, Anna approached me and asked me about my trip, I told her I didn't have much of a plan and just wanted to go to Ha Long Bay. So, in my best interest, she literally planned out the remainder of my trip and was quickly able to give me a price. I hadn't even purchased my return flight to Saigon which she also took care if for me. The price was not bad at all and I agreed to it.

The best part about this hotel besides the staff is that if you have many trips planned out you can come back to the hotel and relax even if you're not staying overnight. I was given a room in between trips when I wasn't staying overnight which is great during the day because if you end up finishing one trip in the AM and having another trip in the afternoon, you aren't left wondering around the streets of Hanoi, you are given the chance to take a shower, take a nap, whatever. I wish more hotels would do this.

Overall I loved the staff here (especially Anna), they will take care of you here and I would stay here over a 5-star anyway just because of how personable they are. I will definitely come back, thanks!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank 421tylerg
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for many days recently and everything was great. Anna is the very professional, sweet, and helpful front desk receptionist that took care of us while we were there. She invited us to lunch with the staff one day before we left and it was the best lunch we had in Hanoi! It was a great chance to learn more about the young people in Vietnam and talk to them about the local experience. Thao, Thanh, and Huong were other members of the staff that we dealt with while we were there and every single one of them was awesome.
We had a double room with TV, AC, and mini-fridge. The AC wasn't working optimally by the time we left, but we were too lazy to deal with moving to another room so we didn't mention it to the staff at the time. The bed is also very firm which we didn't mind and is standard in this area.
The bathroom had a separate standing shower which was nice. Toiletries were provided in case you forget your comb or toothbrush.
The breakfast always had an assortment of fresh fruit and a variety of main dishes to choose from. The fresh fruit juice was nice as was the delicious coffee.
The location was excellent. Several top foodie restaurants down the road, fruit vendors line the street, sundry shops a few doors down and a perfect cafe (Cafe 8) about 5 doors down. We went to that cafe every day to have iced coffee and the owners were so kind.
Stay at this hotel if you want a great experience in Hanoi

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have windows and are pretty small. Upgrade if you want a window.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KanannieT
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,657 helpful votes
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I have been with them 5 days, as I founded really convenient for the location, the room was perfect as I got also freely upgrade, clean and the price wasn't expensive (around 35 USD per nigh), which was including breakfast, with plenty selection of fruit, food and fantastic home made yoghurt.
Front desk as well really welcoming, smiley and helpful, compare to other place that are trying to push to sell tours for extra commission.
If in Hanoi, I would definitely go back here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Elmunyoz
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

we had a bit of a tricky start to our trip to Hanoi. my friend lost her luggage, which did not get returned to her for five days. The manager Anna, and the rest of the staff were so helpful. they called the airport for us twice a day, everyday for updates. they also were so kind and made us feel reassured and relaxed in such a stressful time! My iPhone then broke, and Anna personally took me to get a replacement one for the best possible deal, and she didn't want or expect anything in return. she is a truly kind and passionate person who wants all visitors to love the city as much as she does. the room was lovely, spacious, and clean. the hotel is excellently located to the rest of the city. they also helped us organise trips and bus tickets for the rest of Vietnam for no extra cost. ps: the people who own the shop opposite are amazing too!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jess w
Devonport, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel in 2011 & were so impressed that we booked again in May 2014. The location (Old Quarter) is wonderful for most sight seeing essentials for Hanoi. Airport transfer was organised before we left & as usual all went to plan. Staff were very friendly & efficient - will organise tours ( Street Food Tour - highly recommended) postage, tickets - whatever you need.
Rooms are very spacious & clean. Breakfast is included in price & choice is great.
Anna (service manager) was wonderful - we asked where the nearest pharmacy was & she took us there - service A +++++.
Would definitely recommend this hotel for people travelling to Hanoi.

Room Tip: We booked deluxe city view & had balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mags117
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at the Rising Dragon Estate hotel for just over a month. The hotel is nice, modern with everything you need provided; there are plenty of shops, restaurants and street food right outside the hotel and the Hoan Kiem lake is only about 10 mins walk away. The staff speak good English and are very polite, friendly and accommodating, and will go out of their way to help you. I was made to feel very welcome by the staff at the hotel and invited to lunch with them as I was a solo traveler, which was a kind and thoughtful thing to do. Anna is a great asset to the hotel, welcoming guests every morning at the hotel and making an effort to get to know them and help with organizing any trips. The room I had on the 7th floor was clean, bright and had a nice view of the city, the shower was also nice and powerful which is a bonus. WiFi is provided on each floor and generally quite reliable. Breakfast is cooked fresh each day, with a good selection to choose from. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Hanoi and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floor - for view and minimal noise
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo