“Dinner with a view”

Ranked #11 of 2,294 Restaurants in Hanoi
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the top floor of Hanoi La Siesta Diamond hotel, the Gourmet Corner restaurant boast the finest view of Hanoi from the 12th floor, overlooking Hoan Kiem Lake, the Red River and the ever-growing skyline of Hanoi. The Gourmet Corner food menu is the combination of Vietnamese and some Western favorites. Our Vietnamese food options mostly are the dishes from the North. In northern Vietnam, a colder climate limits the production and availability of spices. As a result, the foods are often less spicy than those in other regions, especially the middle part of Vietnam. Black pepper is used in place of chili as the most popular ingredient to produce spicy flavors. Also, coriander is used commonly in most dishes. In general, northern Vietnamese cuisine is not bold in any particular taste - sweet, salty, spicy, bitter, or sour. Most northern Vietnamese foods feature light and balanced flavors that result from subtle combinations of many different flavoring ingredients. PS: Please be informed that your reservation request by email will be answered within 24 working hours or later depend on our work-load at that moment. Any urgent booking request should be made through the phone call. We are sorry for any inconvenience may cause.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Dinner with a view”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a fantastic meal on the 12th floor with great views over Hanoi. Would highly recommend the Gourmet Corner to anyone looking for that alternative Vietnamese eating experience.

The staff and service was friendly and attentive, the staff made some excellent recommendations for our dining choice selections!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent spot for dinner”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was a bit hesitant to visit The Gourmet Corner as I thought it looked a bit boring in some of the photos, but I'm glad I overlooked those and went because it was really good.

The indoor dining space is lovely but a bit quiet for me, so my husband and I sat outside on the beautiful deck.

All the staff and the service they provided was excellent, they were very attentive and helped me find items on the menu that were vegetarian and even offered to have some traditional vietnamese dishes made vegetarian so I could try them.

The food was very good, everything was prepared beautifully and was so light and fresh and delicious.

I recommend this spot as a must-do for dinner in Hanoi, it really is great.

For more reviews and stories from around the world check out my blog/website, littlegreybox.net

• Visited October 2013
Aberdeen, Scotland
“A real gem”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed in the hotel for four days and had dinner here.

It was an excellent experience with great food, beautiful presentation and first class service.

Highly recommended .

Maple Shade, New Jersey
“Deserves the reviews-Brilliant Staff!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had our last meal in VN at this restaurant and were glad we chose them (took us a long time after reading TA reviews). The setting and the ambience is brilliant as it is situated on the 12th floor of the Elegance Diamond hotel. The food is really good (both Vietnamese and Western choices) but our best comments are reserved for the staff especially the manager, Mr. Phuc. He is a great host and spent a lot of time with us to click a few pictures for us. We shifted to the terrace for coffee and our camera was not working perfectly. Phuc clicked pictures for us on his phone and mailed them to us the next day. We would surely recommend this restaurant and would agree that the 5 star reviews are well deserved.

Kuching, Malaysia
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed at the Diamond elegence hotel and I prebook most of my nights dinner there! The food was wondeful and the staffs were wonderful as well. They were very attentive our needs and even surpised my wife during her bday with a cake!

They really know how to make people feels special!