“Great restaurant and staff”

The Gourmet Corner Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 2,689 Restaurants in Hanoi
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: SPECIAL: To celebrate the coming festive season, on 24-25 Dec and 31 Dec - 1 Jan 2017, we are going to serve the Special Set menus only. We shall send you a copy of the set menus by email per reservation request. Please kindly send your request to our official email address on this website. The Gourmet Corner restaurant located on the top floor of Hanoi La Siesta Diamond hotel, which boast the finest view of Hanoi from the 12th floor, overlooking Hoan Kiem Lake, the Red River and the ever-growing skyline of Hanoi. The Gourmet Corner food menu is the combination of Vietnamese and some Western favorites. Our Vietnamese food options mostly are the dishes from the North. In northern Vietnam, a colder climate limits the production and availability of spices. As a result, the foods are often less spicy than those in other regions, especially the middle part of Vietnam. Black pepper is used in place of chili as the most popular ingredient to produce spicy flavors. Also, coriander is used commonly in most dishes. In general, northern Vietnamese cuisine is not bold in any particular taste - sweet, salty, spicy, bitter, or sour. Most northern Vietnamese foods feature light and balanced flavors that result from subtle combinations of many different flavoring ingredients. PS: Please be informed that your reservation request by email will be answered within 24 working hours or later depend on our work-load at that moment. Any urgent booking request should be made through the phone call. We are sorry for any inconvenience may cause.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were at the restaurant last week and were not aware that bookings were recommended. Upon our arrival the wonderful staff advised us of that there was no table inside but we could go outside on the balcony where tables could be found but it was quite windy and cool. We went outside but shortly after one of the staff came back to let us know that they could arrange a table for us inside. We did not want to disturb them abnd told them that we were fine . However they suggested to have a look at the table which we did and decided to move inside because of the great view the table was offering. We can't thank enough the staff who went all their way to make sure that we would enjoy the experience. As for the food it was delicious. Again the staff took the time to explain the food and how to eat it.
Definately a restaurant to pay a visit in hanoi.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,066)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We ate dinner here and had an outdoor table with great views over the city. The food was excellent, and the service was great, if a little over-the-top.

We had Hanoi spring rolls and garlic bread for entree, the bamboo beef and a steak, asaragus and mustard dish (can't think what it was called exactly), as well as passionfruit icecream and creme brulee for dessert. I enjoyed a couple of the Havana cocktails (YUM! I am going to make them at home!) as well.

The only problem we had was that it was quite dark in the outdoor area so it is a little hard to read the menu and would've been nice to be able to see the food a bit better! But the darkness also gave it a nice ambience so it wasn't really a big issue.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a fantastic meal on the 12th floor with great views over Hanoi. Would highly recommend the Gourmet Corner to anyone looking for that alternative Vietnamese eating experience.

The staff and service was friendly and attentive, the staff made some excellent recommendations for our dining choice selections!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was a bit hesitant to visit The Gourmet Corner as I thought it looked a bit boring in some of the photos, but I'm glad I overlooked those and went because it was really good.

The indoor dining space is lovely but a bit quiet for me, so my husband and I sat outside on the beautiful deck.

All the staff and the service they provided was excellent, they were very attentive and helped me find items on the menu that were vegetarian and even offered to have some traditional vietnamese dishes made vegetarian so I could try them.

The food was very good, everything was prepared beautifully and was so light and fresh and delicious.

I recommend this spot as a must-do for dinner in Hanoi, it really is great.

For more reviews and stories from around the world check out my blog/website, littlegreybox.net

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed in the hotel for four days and had dinner here.

It was an excellent experience with great food, beautiful presentation and first class service.

Highly recommended .