“Within the most happening venue of hanoi. :)”

Golden Wings II Hotel
Ranked #489 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
singapore
“Within the most happening venue of hanoi. :)”
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We are from singapore and we traveled to hanoi last christmas. Stumbled upon this amazing hotel, located one of the slightly peacefully street *ma may street* of the old quarter. lesser of the horns, if you know what i mean. strategically located, it is near to the lake, shopping area, my favourite restaurants no.72 and 69 and a few nightspots.
The hotel staff converse well in english. They were very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Thank to them we tried the best pho bo in hanoi. totally awesome and heavenly. it went really well with those fried dough sticks. For unplan travellers, this hotel offer a variety of tours around, halong bay etc. the rooms are in tiptop conditions, cable tv with discovery espn etc. Definitely worth the price.! :)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank SunnysideupSG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Great service and location!
Free wifi. Breakfast can be improved. We stayed at Golden Wings II.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank davidlotta
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 December 2010

this place got fairly good reviews but has been a big disappointmnt.

first they could not find my booking so they gave me a room acxross the street at their other hotel. Later they banged on my door and moved me back across the street to a room on the front of the hotel that was noisy, then finally to a back room that was decent.

Funny the guy was trying to sell me a Halong tour as he was trying to hold my passport and I was already at their other hotel. Then of course they needed my pasport again when I returned to the room in original hotel.

These guys are too friendly and not all that convincing.

Must be a better hotel than this one in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Liverpool
Reviewed 15 December 2010

I emailed the hotel stating the dates I would be arriving Hanoi also that I would need a taxi to the hotel. I received a prompt response by the hotel manager, Mr Anh Duc Dang confirming my reservation. When I arrived at Hanoi airport my pick up was waiting for me. I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the hotel manager since I came in the morning breakfast was still being served I was told to relax and chill go and have breakfast before I checked in. This behaviour from a hotel in south east Asia was surprising. Normally as soon as you enter a hotel you are immediately asked to show your passport and pay for your room immediately, this attitude was quite refreshing. After having breakfast I checked in and paid for two nights also I booked the Halong bay tour and full day city tour as well through the hotel.

I stayed at the Golden Wings hotel for 2 nights, 11 - 12 December 2010 ( room 502) and 13 - 14 December 2010 (room 402). I booked a single room for $ USD 30 per night. Room has -

Air con
Super fast wifi connection
Fridge
TV with a selection of foreign channels (BBC world service)
Two towels provided, toilet roll, shampoo and tooth brush.
A safe for your valuables.

The interior design of the room was good, the theme of the room matched.
Bed was comfy and had no problem sleeping at night
Breakfast is included in the price ( fresh fruit, juice tea/coffee ham, eggs, toast and a selection of Vietnamese cuisine).
The hotel is in a good location in the heart of the old quarter.
On the two nights that I stayed in the hotel I left my lap top computer in the room and each time I returned was still there.

Any hotel in the world needs good customer service the staff and especially the manager where really attentive to my needs. I have travelled all around south east Asia and the manager of the Golden Wings hotel II is one of the most sincere genuine person I have met so far.

The only negative that I noted was that the hotel room had a slightly musty smell this is because of lack of ventilation. The shower unit does not work properly.

Had a pleasant stay the reviews are 100 % true. If you are ever in Hanoi and want a mid range hotel to stay in, I highly recommend Golden Wings hotel II.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Traveller64446
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 December 2010

We stayed at Golden Wings 2 on the 2/11/10 and Golden Wings 1 on the 3/11/10. Located opposite each other in the heart of the old district. I would recommend paying a bit more for the deluxe room, which is more comfortable and higher up, so theres less noise from the street and has a better view. However, what makes both these hotels great, is the friendly staff and the exception customer service. Mr Zang and his team went out of their way to help plan, organise and make our stay very memorable. We booked our trip to Halong Bay and Sapa through the hotel and onward accommodation in Hoi An. Mr Zang organised the lot, including transfers from the station and even gave us a room to freshen up between trips at no additional charge. On the return bus trip from Sapa, one the tour guides received a call from Mr Zang asking if we were OK and all was well. This level of service is extremely rare, we felt like part of the family. If I ever I return to Hanoi then I will be staying at the Golden Wings. Highly recommend both hotels and the professional and friendly staff that run them.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank martin_burda
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 December 2010

I spent four nights in Golden Wings and it's truly a hidden gem in Hanoi.
The room (Superior) was excelent on the 7th floor with a big bed. It's clean and all the basic ingredients of a hotel in Asia are present. Breakfast is great and free wifi is present.
The service from reservation, pick-up until the last minute was excellent.
The best of this hotel is the service of the team. The reserved and recommended trips to SaPa and Halong Bay (the boat opera) were perfect in both experience as price/value.
No need to bother time through the different travel agencies.
They even arranged my perfect hotel in HoiAn and booked the flights for me. My original pick in HoiAn was full, but this recommendation also provde to be perfect.

A place to recommend to everyone who like to discover Hanoi and Vietnam.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Arthur_Hoogeveen
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 5 December 2010

This is a lovely place to stay. Very clean, modern. Great location as well. They are a bit pushy about you booking trips, etc with them, but still one of the best places we stayed during our month in Vietnam

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple