“The friendliest people and a most pleasant stay.”

Golden Wings II Hotel
Ranked #489 of 598 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 22 January 2011

My partner and I stayed at the GWII for one week. I have nothing but praise for the quality and the service that we received. The trips to Sapa and Ha Long Bay were handled very professionally by the manager. I would recommend a stay here to anyone who is visiting Hanoi in the future.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DAPOM
There are newer reviews for Golden Wings II Hotel

Reviewed 22 January 2011

Golden Wings II Hotel was one of the highlights of our stay in Vietnam. From the moment the door was opened for us we were treated so well it seemed we were the only ones there (which, of course, was not the case and we saw equally wonderful service offered to other guests). The manager was eager to help us book our stay in Halong Bay, but was never pushy and gave us complete freedom to choose a company. He also booked both our train and accommodation in Danang (without the hidden cost for making the phone calls) and gave us wonderful advice for Hoi An and other parts of Vietnam. In addition, my partner and I were able to have our bags secured at the hotel during our stay at Halong Bay and were offered a shower and some comfort food and tea before our night train (even though we were not staying another night). The manager himself stayed late to ensure we made it safely to the train station. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who values great service, a comfy place to sleep and a fantastic location for exploring Hanoi. Many thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trixie_tiger
Reviewed 20 January 2011

located in the old city. next to the night market. walking distance from the lake. great staff with great manager - Mr. Giang (pronounced: Mr. DZENG). the one day trip to Halong Bay ordered through the hotel , was a good choice as was the one day trip to Tam Coc with a private guide (a worker of the hotel). since we had to arrive to the train station for a night travel - and as we have already checked out, the hotel has provided us with a room+clean towels to take a shower and get ready for the trip, all free of charge. strongly recommend this hotel. Be carefull of scams: we took the official airport taxi to bring us to the Golden Wings, however, the driver took us to some place where we were told by a person who came to our car, that the ordered hotel is fully booked and were offered to be taken elsewhere. As we strongly/toughly refused , the driver |(who kept scilent all this time) now asked for the booking files we held, and only than took us to the Golden Wings II , where the staff said that it is a know scam.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2011

The Golden Wings II is a great hotel to stay if you are on a budget, want a clean room that is very basic with excellent service. The rooms are clean, but a little noisy if you stay in the front of the hotel. The service here is EXCELLENT! I cannot say enough about how well we were treated. It was our honey moon and they up-graded us to the best room in the hotel, they left wine and rose petals on our bed, and a little fruit basket. Also, Duc, the manager was amazing. He helped us with our tours and arranged anything we needed. He even offered us a shower and place to leave our bags after checking out of the hotel to go to halong bay. Again, I would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone that is not looking for a fancy room, but a nice hotel in a good location with excellent service!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We are from singapore and we traveled to hanoi last christmas. Stumbled upon this amazing hotel, located one of the slightly peacefully street *ma may street* of the old quarter. lesser of the horns, if you know what i mean. strategically located, it is near to the lake, shopping area, my favourite restaurants no.72 and 69 and a few nightspots.
The hotel staff converse well in english. They were very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Thank to them we tried the best pho bo in hanoi. totally awesome and heavenly. it went really well with those fried dough sticks. For unplan travellers, this hotel offer a variety of tours around, halong bay etc. the rooms are in tiptop conditions, cable tv with discovery espn etc. Definitely worth the price.! :)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank SunnysideupSG
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Great service and location!
Free wifi. Breakfast can be improved. We stayed at Golden Wings II.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank davidlotta
Reviewed 30 December 2010

this place got fairly good reviews but has been a big disappointmnt.

first they could not find my booking so they gave me a room acxross the street at their other hotel. Later they banged on my door and moved me back across the street to a room on the front of the hotel that was noisy, then finally to a back room that was decent.

Funny the guy was trying to sell me a Halong tour as he was trying to hold my passport and I was already at their other hotel. Then of course they needed my pasport again when I returned to the room in original hotel.

These guys are too friendly and not all that convincing.

Must be a better hotel than this one in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple