“Great day tour outside the city”

Hanoi Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$100.00*
and up
Halong Bay Small Group Adventure Tour including Cruise from Hanoi
Ranked #14 of 191 Food & Drink in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Hanoi Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Hanoi. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Hanoi. Our local expert guides will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Calgary, Canada
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great day tour outside the city”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I did the Citadels, Karsts & Cycle tour at the end of April. This was an excellent day trip. The transportation out of the city was clean and comfortable (air conditioned van) with plenty of room for all of the people on the tour. It was great to get out of the busy city and explore some very scenic and very quiet country side. The first stop was at the temples which were really nice to see. Then a very nice bike ride (not challenging) through the country side. The bikes were in good shape and helmets were provided. There was a buffet lunch, with lots of choices. The boat ride was beautiful. The boats are not covered so be prepared (depending on the weather) to be out in the sun for a while. The boat workers (who do not work for Intrepid/Urban Adventures) are not shy about asking for a tip or to try to sell you something. We had a nice guide who was easy to talk to and would happily answer questions.

Visited April 2014

Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Introduction to Vietnamese Food”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I arrived in Hanoi from Bangkok with only minimal knowledge of Vietnamese food, so I signed up for the Hanoi Street Food by Night tour. I found it to be a great introduction to the city and the cuisine for those first arriving. My guide (Quan, I think?) was absolutely lovely and knowledgable. It ended up being a lot of food by the end of the night, including deliciousness like bahn my, "surprise pancakes" and the infamous egg coffee. I highly recommend and no, I wasn't urged to go on TripAdvisor by my guide.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Street Food by Night”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had a great tour with Thanh, very entertaining and enjoyable and took the group to some excellent places. Offered plenty of recommendations of other venues and was happy to add on extra locations for a beer or a bite to eat along the way. Very impressive.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fantastic night!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I happened on this tour by happenstance as I downloaded the Urban Adventure iPhone app and found it in there. And we had a great time! Our guide, Quân, was awesome. We had all kinds of great conversations about Vietnam's history and future and the state of tourism in Vietnam. He was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about his country. A really good guy! We also had fun meeting other travels and learning of their stories and travels to other places within Indochina. It was more than just a food experience, it was how to survuve in Hanoi. If you're on the fence about doing this, believe me when I say it's a must!!
My only regret was I wish we would have done this at the beginning of our trip, and not the last night, because it really broke all the fears and apprehensions we had with the food situation. If we would have done it first thing we would have eaten every meal on the street and less in restaurants and saved so much money and eaten better food! Quân also took us to a great cafe that overlooked the lake and we were trying to find a cafe like this the entire time we were there.
So in two words, DO IT!!

1 Thank Trevor M
Adelaide, Australia
“John and Ashleigh (Australia),Hanoi street food tour with Thanh”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Thanh was our guide through the streets of the Old Quarter of Hanoi. His english was excellent and he was very professional throughout. He took us through markets and different food vendors explaining the different foods and we tried all sorts of Vietnamese cuisine.We sat and ate on the streets just like the locals and the highlight was the visit to the secret cafe at the end to try "egg coffee". We loved it so much, we ventured back again by ourselves. Thank you Thanh and Urban Adventures. I would thoroughly recommend this tour to get a real feel of Hanoi and its street food.