“Charming 2 is indeed charming.”

Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
Ranked #29 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
Brisbane, Australia
“Charming 2 is indeed charming.”
Reviewed 7 April 2011

My wife, son and daughter in law stayed at Charming 2 for a total of 6 days towards the end of our 3 week Vietnam visit. We had stayed in a variety of hotels, from 5 star to more downscale at our scheduled stops - Saigon, Hoi An, Hue, Na Trang, SaPa. As a group we have also travelled through Thailand and Indonesia. I can honestly say that Charming 2 was the most welcoming, friendliest, best organised and most economical of any place we have stayed. Nothing was too much trouble for the bright and bubbly staff, from front of office, to the domestic and cook staff. We travelled to Sapa by night train and had to leave our bags at the hotel, and rebook for our return to Hanoi. This was done without fuss, and the hotel was opened at 5 am for us when we returned - and rooms made available for a well earned rest. The hotel is spotlessly clean, and the service is spot on. There was also a computer and internet connection in each room! I cannot recommend this hotel enough - congratulations to the management and staff.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Wow what a place! The day i arrived the friendly staff welcomed me with open arms: "Mr Joseph come and join us and our new friends (some of the foreigners staying) on a karoke night". I replied a bit wearliy, "but I'd planned on the water puppet show tonight". "But no" they replied, "this is way more fun"... karoke was great fun! What an introduction to a fantastic experience at Charming 2 hotel. For around $30 a night (Agoda), lovely spaceous rooms, fast internet in the room, very quiet rooms and the most amazing breakfast of local and western fare. A big 11 out of 10 from me!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Five stars for outstanding value and comfort for the money.

At least six stars for an incredibly friendly, pleasant, helpful, and good-looking :) staff. Seriously, I've stayed in some very high-end hotels, like Raffles, and never encountered a better staff. They're not attentive in a formal way, but a very friendly--and highly effective--way. Example: I was working in my room and wanted to find a soda and snack to keep me going. The doorman, instead of just pointing, walked me across the street, showed me the place, and hung around for a minute to make sure I got what I needed. And that's only ONE of many such stories...

I actually stayed in three different rooms, on two separate visits. They were all comfortable. Not gorgeous, but pleasant--like staying at my middle-class grandmother's house. Also very clean. Plenty of space. Free wifi. Free fruit plate. I like...

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Torino, Italia
Reviewed 4 April 2011

The hotel is really nice, very central (in the Old Quartier, but actually absolutely not noisy), very clean.
The rooms (and I saw different rooms) are very well designed, the bathroom is new and very clean, air-conditioning, TV, DVD player and PC with Internet connection into the room.
Breakfast is very good, different possibilities... Vietnamies pho (noodle soup), fresh fruit, continental breakfast, very good vietnamies coffee. I am Italian, coffee is really important for me!
All the staff is very nice and helpful. I was very happy to stay in this hotel, and I hope to come back to visit them.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Great place! We had booked Charming 1 but they overbooked, got transferred to #2. nothing bad to say!!

• Stayed March 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 March 2011

We booked at one of the sister hotel but there was a problem w/toilet so they arranged to take us to charming 2 hotel. At first we were worried but they showed us our room and assured us that this was a better hotel. The room was nice, new and spacious. Plus: computer in our room. Initially it had a virus but we told them and they tried to fix it and in the end ended up giving us another computer. Only minor negative was the funky smell in the bathroom which I think was due to the water. No safe in room but there is one in the reception area which we used and trusted. The hotel was nice to store our luggage when we went on our Halong Bay tour even though we didn't book the tour through them. And like other reviewers the hotel staff were one of the nicest and helpful ppl. Another plus was that you can exchange USD for VND at the hotel. Their rate was even better than the bank we spotted.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank starizer
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 March 2011

their staffs are very friendly. They talked to us to know our needs and gave good advice on transport, foods, etc...and offered extra service e.g. helping on post service.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends