“Hottest little hotel in Hanoi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel

Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
Ranked #29 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
“Hottest little hotel in Hanoi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

This has to be the best Boutique Hotel in Hanoi, irrespective of your budget. The service provided by Lana, Rose and Sophie at Hotel Charming 2 is second to none.

Firstly upon booking Lana and the team, (over successive emails), arranged not only our hotel stay but also our side trips to Sapa and Halong Bay ( all of which turned out to be stunning adventures).
Secondly upon our arrival Lana and Rose greeted us as friends. The rooms are large, well appointed and service is stunning. Location is very convenient in the old city.
Finally, upon returning from our side trips the hotel staff were stunning... They opened the restaurant when we returned at 5.00am from the Sapa train and provided us with rooms for changing / showers.

All the team at Charming Hotel are very professional, charming and treated their guests as very special people.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Nickandfiveothers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kent, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

Having come off the sleeper train from Nanning to Hanoi I thought I'd have to bang on the hotel door to be let in but the friendly manager was at the desk waiting and I was checked in straight away. I needed to book a tour on a junk in Halong Bay for the next day and he made it very easy to book through the hotel and it was a great tour too!
This is a small hotel squeezed into one of the narrow streets of Hanoi's old quarter but my room was big and spotlessly clean and had a fast computer (vital for backing up and uploading photos from my camera).
Breakfast was great with a small buffet but a good selection. It was here that I started to notice how friendly and helpful all the staff were. They really could not do enough to help me which I really appreciated as I was very tired.
I'll give you an example of just how amazing the people are here. I gave them some shorts to launder that I thought I'd have to throw away as they had bike oil all over them. The receptionist - Rose (Hong) scrubbed them herself til they were good as new. I was amazed. And all of the folk who manned the reception were unfailingly smiling, happy, helpful and well, charming!
By the end of my stay I was sorry to go because it felt like leaving friends behind.
I've been to enough hotels to know it's the people who make them special and that's very much the case here.
I highly recommend staying at the Charming 2 Hotel.
Special mentions go to Hong, Loan and Oanh for their dedication and personalities.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank trailfinder58
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

The staff there are extremely friendly, helpful and sweet. The quality of service they provided was excellent. All our requests like luggage storage, transport to and fro airport, shower before our night train to Sapa were all accomodated.

I am most impressed by the help they offered when we had trouble getting the train ticket to Sapa. Two hours before departing to Sapa, we were informed by our Sapa hotel that they didn't manage to get a soft berth train ticket as promised. We called the receptionists of Charming 2 Hotel for help and they travelled all the way down to the train station to help us buy the train ticket and arrange for our accomodation in Sapa. Even though we still didn't manage to get the soft berth tickets, the extent of help they offered was very heartwarming.

Trust me. You'll never regret staying in this hotel.

1 Thank neelie_leen
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here in September on our first trip to Hanoi. Ideally located in the old quarters, very clean, good breakfast, wi-fi included and most important of all, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They made us feel at home. There wasn't anything they couldn't help us with. We went with a tour operator who had suggested another hotel but we requested this hotel based on the reviews in TA and we did not regret that decision. I'm quite fussy about where I stay and this one passed the test.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Petpeeve
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Little hotel with 5 stars service!!!
This little hotel have a great location at Old Quarter area. The rooms are clean, neat, comfortable,fully equipped, with good buffet style breakfast and even have WIFI and personal computer in every room !! BUT the most important thing that make me feel great is the staff at this hotel. All the staff here are amazing. They are extremely friendly and helpful. They help us to book the tour, give us some tips and information for our trip, give good recommendation for local restaurant, arrange all the transportation from and to airport and train station. Even though we only stay at this hotel for 1 night, they still willing to provide a room for us to get a shower after we come back from halong bay before boarding to the night train to sapa. They also pick us up by 4am when we come back from sapa and invite us to get a shower, have a breakfast and take a rest before we go to the airport to catch the flight on the same day.They are so considerate on every single details for their guest and this really make me feel warm and sweet. All the staff here are really enjoy their work. This hotel really exceeded our expectation! I would still stay in this hotel if I have a chance to visit Hanoi again.

1 Thank Szuchin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed here twice (with a trip to HaLong Bay inbetween) so we tasted both the Junior Suite and Executive. While other hotel rooms may be nicer or more individual, they are clean, well equipped (incl. PCs with free WiFi/Internet, Cable TV with channels in most major languages) and overall good value for money.
Staff are very responsive, knowledgeable and very friendly and helpful. Everything we asked for worked like clockwork without any hitch including transport from and to the airport, laundry and keeping our bags while we were at HaLong Bay.

I can only agree with most of the other reviews on here, you will certainly not regret staying there.

Room Tip: Given the location a higher floor is more advisable as the area around (Old Quarter) can be quite no...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

It's so lucky that we choose Charming 2 Hotel! It made our Vietnam trip full of good memories! It's location is good, a lots of shops and restaurants nearby, the staff provided us a map and recommended us nice places for meals. Rooms are clean and confortable!
The most important thing is it's " extremely good service, friendly and helpful staff"! Always smile on their faces!

When we came back from Halong Bay, the hotel provided us a room for shower(without charged extra money)before we took a night train to Sapa. Also arranged free pick up at Hanoi train station when we came back from Sapa(at 4am), provided us room for shower before we were going to take a flight .

Because of the help from the staff, we also had a good Sapa trip ! Actualy we had booked a hotel in Sapa through email and we asked the hotel in Sapa help us book train ticket , but one hour before departure, the staff from the Sapa hotel told us there's no train ticket left !!!! She suggested us to take the bus! We were so angry ( as one day before we went Sapa, the Sapa hotel still confirmed that they had the ticket for us!). In the end, we decided not to staying in that Sapa hotel and didn't want to take bus. We seek help from Charming 2 hotel, really grateful to Lana and Rose(Staff from Charming 2 Hotel), we were so touched when we saw them appear in the train station, and helped us to settle many things, for ex. hepled us to look for another hotel in Sapa, and found a reasonable package tour in Sapa!

Charming 2 hotel is good! Definitely It will be my first choice if I visit Hanoi next time !

1 Thank Dorene520