We are a family with 2 kids 9 & 11, and the hotel put us up in the room that had double bed + 01 single bed + 01 extra bed. Though it was facing the street on the 2nd floor it was very quiet in the mornings. The hotel is located near many restaurants and within walking distance to the Hoan Kiem lake. The only down point was the safe in the room was a portable safe, which means someone could carry it with them if they were inclined to do so.
We have a few tips for those visiting Hanoi:
1) if you want to see the water puppet show which is interesting but it is recommended you buy tickets ahead by half a day so as to get your preferred timing.
2) Great places to eat is Quan An Ngon which has a great selection of food, but come early as they close early around 9:30.
3) A very good pho restaurant is nearby, but don't eat there, eat in the cafe next to it, which will just go next door and order it. The staff can direct you, and the Pho was delicious.
3) Halong Bay, recommend you do the 2-day one night trip as you get to experience more and appreciate this amazing place.
4) Tam Coc will provide a visit some of Vietnam's oldest emperor's temples and a unique rowing experience to the caves which all of us enjoyed.
I would like to make a special mention of the staff at the hotel who were helpful enough to organise our day trips to Halong Bay and Cuc Tom. All was taken care of and met our expectations for interesting days off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A brand new hotel that features luxurious rooms and suites, We offer convenience to our guests by providing modern elevators, restaurants, and other great amenities you can expect from a modern hotel. Offering fantastic value of money, it is located right in Hanoi Old Quarter, approximately about 5 minutes' walk from Hoan Kiem Lake and the popular Thang Long Water Puppet Show. Indeed, in close proximity to the excellent attractions, We also offer air conditioned rooms, inside room computer and internet, desk, minibar and a balcony in certain rooms. A convenient place of stay, it is a good choice. The Charming 2 Hotel (Add: 31 Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi ) - located in the center of Hanoi Old Quarter, just 5 minute walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.