“Charming and Professional”

Ranked #31 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
London, United Kingdom
“Charming and Professional”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed at Charming 2 in Nov 2011 and the service at this place is seriously good. The room are spacious (we had one facing the back - but didnt bother us as it was quiet and we needed a break from the busy streets of Hanoi) and the pho in the morning was good. The road its on in the Old Quarter is full of action and nothing is very far at all. What really impressed us was the girls at the hotel arrange our travel arrangements for us and were just so efficient. We took an overnight train from Hanoi to Hue and not only did they pay for our taxi ride to the station, arrange the tickets and times, the butler actually escorted us onto the train to our cabin and took our luggage. Its like 5 star service. Honestly, to all the girls at Charming 2 (and guys!) you are special. We loved Hanoi and cannot fault the hotel with anything! Girls, thanks again - Lots of love from Madeline and David xoxox

Room Tip: Choose a room high up facing the street if you want to watch the action go by. Otherwise, the rooms...
2 Thank LiliNaomi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Traveling as a student, this hotel was an absolute amazing experience. Right from the very start, with complimentary welcome drinks and an extremely warm greeting from the staff, it really set the tone for the rest of our stay there. The girls (and guys) were the most hospitable people during our long journey, and really helped us settle in and enjoy the city. From shopping and dining tips, to karaoke and other fun activities, it was easy to see how the hotel acquired it's name. The rooms were extremely modern and comfortable, with complimentary fruit and many other bonuses along the way. When I visit Hanoi again, there is no doubt as to where I will be booking my stay!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JeremyDmello
London
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I stayed here for a total of 4 nights and loved it - the hotel is nice, the location is very good (handy for the tourist district but not too busy) but it's the staff that really make the place, they're ace.

The booking was easy to make direct with the hotel by email as they replied to my queries promptly - my request for a quiet room on a higher floor was done. As I was staying for over three nights they kindly arranged for someone to come and collect me from the airport which meant not having to haggle with the dozens of drivers there late at night after a long flight.

The hotel is located a few minutes walk from the main "tourist" streets in the north-central part of town. It's really close but you don't feel like you're stepping out into the middle of a load of bars which I prefer.

The rooms I had (three in total) were all of a similar good standard. The free internet and PC use in each room was really handy, the beds were comfortable, there was free mineral water, a safe and cable on flatscreen TVs. Breakfast had cereals, pastries and a selection of hot foods (some western, some Vietnamese) which I devoured plenty of each day to keep me going til lunchtime!

The thing that I really liked about this place though was the service - the booking was easy to do, things I asked for at reception were done immediately and all the staff were really, really friendly and helpful. Gestures like a free room to get washed and changed in before I got a late night flight after having checked out early that morning and leaving my bags with them whilst I went round the rest of the country were no bother at all and much appreciated.

I've been fortunate enough to stay in a number of five star hotels with work and I have rarely come across a hotel where so many of the staff are so genuinely happy to see you, remember your name and want to make your stay in their town as pleasant as possible. When you remind yourself of the price you're paying it's all the more impressive. I had a great time in Hanoi. I would go back here without question.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank londonbristolboy
nuneaton
Reviewed 30 November 2011

This hotel is perfect in every way. As a single lady travelling alone location was very important to me, the location is ideal on a well lit street in walking distance of everything. The room was lovely, clean, large with nice furnishing and extra touches such as fresh fruit every day. My room was at the rear of the hotel and despite Hanoi traffic being manic I could not hear any road noise. The hotel staff are all exceptional I am well travelled and can honestly say I have never met such helpful staff, their recommendations from restaurants to trips they arranged were all excellent. I loved Hanoi and will be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank suetNuneaton
London
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights on our arrival to Hanoi. And what a welcome to the country!!! I ve never experienced a service quite like in this lovely hotel. Lana and the girls took care of literally everything. Recommended places to eat, gave us a map, booked restaurants and organised taxis for us, arranged our entire trip to SaPa and took us to the train station and back. We didn’t have to worry about a thing!!

The hotel is lovely, rooms are clean and cosy, beds are comfortable, breakfast is good (pho was delicious), location – perfect – we walked everywhere, but the way they took care of us – made this trip really special. This is a very special and a truly charming place.

1 Thank KKatys
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed here for five nights and thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality from all staff, especially the girls at the front office. Nothing was too much trouble, from the local restaurant recommendations, trips organised, laundry done, even making us noodle soup for breakfast.

The rooms were very clean and well appointed. All of the services provided met our needs and would have no hesitation in recommending thism hotel to others.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 November 2011

This is a small hotel in the touristy part of Hanoi. To put it simply, even though its not a luxury hotel, i had the best hotel stay of my life at this place (and i travel a lot). Special word of praise for all the hotel staff who give this place the character that it is famous for. They truly treat you like a guest and not as a customer. Right from the moment that you step in, you are treated like a king/queen. Let me narrate an incident to best explain this. When me and my friends checked in, we liked our room. But one of my friends just mentioned in passing to me that the beds were a bit small. We didn't know that the bell boy had heard this and when we came back that evening after our city excursion, our luggage had been moved to a new bigger room with bigger beds (all without even asking). Its stuff like this which really brings a smile to your face. On another occasion, a hotel staff took me on his bike across the city to look for a medicine which one of my friends needed at 7 am in the morning. One could see how genuinely happy he was when we actually found the medicine at a 24 hours open pharmacy after riding for 20 minutes. They arranged for all our city excursions and the halong bay cruise at very competitive prices. When we were leaving, they gave us such a pleasant send off as if we were long lost friends :) Have attached a picture with the staff when they were seeing us off. Simply love this place. If you are planning a trip to Hanoi, this is the place you should be staying at

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends