“Hotel Charming and the staff are charming”

and 1 more site!
Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
Ranked #34 of 598 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed at Hotel Charming 2 for two nights 23/24 April 2012 with my sister after three weeks on a tour in Cambodia and Vietnam and found it excellent value for money and lived up to it's reputation. The staff are lovely evey one of them that we encountered. Thanks to Rose for allowing me to use her email. Lana, Kate and Sophie were also very friendly and wanted to interact with us which is rare in the bigger hotels we had stayed in. I loved the Old Quarter even the constant stepping into the path of motor bikes as the footpaths are used foe everything but foot traffic. We soon got adept at crossing the road. The meal we had on our last night was the best we had had in the whole three weeks and the Restaurant was recommended by the staff and just around the corner. Being a senior and tired after three weeks I was ready to come home but if I go back I will stay at this Hotel and for a longer time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We enjoyed our stay. Friendly staff, very helpful including good tips where to have dinner. When we came back from Halong bay they offered us a room for a few hours - for free - just to take a shower before we flew to our next destination. That's excellent service! The room is nice and clean. Great location in the old quarter. I would recommend this place!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This not too large hotel is located on the edge of the Old Quarter of Hanoi. Its location is close enough, if you don't mind a little walk, yet far enough from the center of the tourist action that one is not confronted by the various street vendors that one is certain to meet up with in the touristy area just north of Hoan Kiem lake.
Besides the excellent quality facilities, the hotel provides a large and very good buffet breakfast which is a little different daily.
But I really have to save my best praise for the staff. They are very friendly and very willing to help you with whatever you need---information, taxi service, etc. They will also tell you how much to pay. I needed a haircut, and upon inquiry I was taken to a local 'salon' where I received excellent service. Like I say, they escorted me and told the barber what I needed and told me how much to pay! That's great service! Also helpful with maps and how to get to different Hanoi locations.
All in all for me a 5 star at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Settled on this hotel after much research on tripadvisor. Am really glad for the true and honest feedback of fellow travellers of this hotel. Although this isnt a 5 star hotel, but their service was really 5 stars, if not 6! Hotel staff (Kate) replied promptly to all my reservations email and she was very sincere over the email. When I met her, I was further reassured of the service level of charming 2 staff. Indeed charming! All of them spoke English fluently, even better than the staff of the 5 star hotel which I stayed at in Bangkok (for the second part of my trip).I was very impressed.

They also provided maps for us, specially created by the hotel. It was kind of impossible to get a tourist map from the airport (i really got no idea why!). The airport had counters which wrote "maps available" but when you approached the counter, there was no maps on display for tourist to take. Nevermind, when you asked for a map from the counter staff, they started introducing their hotel transfer service and day trips holidays to you. I felt quite cheated, as I only wanted to take a map which is not easily available (when I am at the airport). Therefore, I am really glad when charming 2 staff gave us a handdrawn map with specific directions on how to go to this and that place. Thank you :)

On another note, we told them our friend's birthday was on 9 May and they celebrated her birthday for her by giving her a surprise when we returned from our halong bay trip. The staff decorated the room with balloons, flower petals making the words "happy birthday" and they stood by the door to sing a happy birthday song to my friend. They even got my friend a cake and a bottle of wine and a HUGE bouquet of flowers, all these FOC! Seriously touched by the efforts invested by the staff! Thank you Kate, Sophie, Mary, and the rest of the staff (sorry cannot remember your name!) A big shoutout to u guys, thank you! :D :D :D

Lastly, on the day when we checked out, there was a black out. They actually had staff waiting fr us outside our room, showing us the way down the stairs using torch light. Really amazed by their service. We checked out very early, around 6am. We didnt expect there to be breakfast for us as we were told that breakfast starts at 7am. To our surprise, the reception called me to go down for breakfast at 6am. :)

Having said all the above, how can you not book a stay at Charming 2?

Thumbs up for their service.
Rooms are okay, the twin room without window is a bit small in my opinion.
The triple room is great!
Other than that, all was good in the room, including the toilet.
There was a free desktop in each room and free wifi, which made us really happy as we could contact our family members and friends back home at no cost :)

Would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel if you are visiting Hanoi!

Room Tip: Choose rooms with windows!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Olivia_Ong
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was a wonderful experience for our first hotel in Vietnam. We used it as a benchmark throughout our 2 week plus holiday in April. Lots of other hotels came close but this still was a star in our eyes. We were two couples in their 50s with a sense of adventure but more than happy to tap into the wealth of knowledge and help offered by the hotel staff. I am still amazed at the level of service above and beyond what we paid. I strongly recommend you making bookings directly with hotels (eg by doing this, this hotel had a deal if you booked for three nights or more they would collect us from the airport - although taxis are not expensive, it was lovely to walk out of the arrivals terminal and see our name on a sign and be ushered through the throngs of taxi drivers to our vehicle). We still have very special memories of all the staff at Charming 2 Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank notnam
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We were welcomed at the railway station at 4am in the morning by the bell boy who rode his scooter to welcome us at the railway station. After ensuring we were comfortable in the taxi, he sped off in his scooter and were waiting to help us with our lunggages when the taxi reached the entrance of the hotel. Absolutely amazing first impression. The front desk staff (Kate, Sophie, Johnny, Rose, Lana, Mary and Vi, and others) are excellent, always with a smile. Same for the kitchen and cleaning staff too. We are always greeted by warm smiles here. Amazing vibes. Every morning we will check out some itineraries recommended by the staff and they were really helpful with customized information on directions and addresses to places we wanted to visit or food we wanted to eat. Every evening when we are back, we will always spend quality time at the lobby just to share our experiences with the friendly staff. One the second last day of our stay, the staff overheard my sister mentioning to me that it was our parents 33th wedding anniversary day, they planned and surprised our parents with a cake, wine and beautifully decorated rose petals and balloons in their hotel room. We were touched by their many kind and thoughtful gestures. They make you feel like family. Next time when im back in Hanoi, I will definite stay in Charming 2 again. Absolutely Amazing Stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Cant add much to what the others have said here - this place is just great. The hotel itself is fine, but the staff are really incredible, they made our stay in Hanoi, and made it one of the best hotels we have stayed at. Coffee at breakfast could be improved though!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family