Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
US$50
US$49
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
US$74
US$38
Trip.com
US$72
2,462 results
All reviewscharming iihalong bayold quarterdesktop computercomplimentary fruitthe hotel staffphoamazing staffhotel experiencetrain stationsister hotelstar servicerooms were very cleanrose petalsfantastic servicehighly recommend this hotelstreet food
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Recently I stayed at the Charming 2 Hotel for two weeks. (My third visit to Charming 2) Without a doubt, the Charming 2 Hotel is my favorite hotel in the world. The staff make this hotel! Everyone is so genuine, friendly, and willing to help in any way. They will book tours, buy tickets, call a taxi, change money (no fee) and/or just give you valuable information. The location is ideal as it is only a 5-10 minute walk to the lake. What a fun way to start the day and a wonderful breakfast will be served when you return from the lake. The rooms are great; fresh fruit and flowers are placed in your room. Again, the staff make this hotel! On Christmas eve, the staff threw a party (free) for all guests. I hope to return to Hanoi again next year, and I will be staying at the Charming 2 Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is a great small hotel in the old quarter. The staff (especially Sophie) were amazingly helpful. The hotel is smack bang in the middle of the old quarter so expect the noise and bustle of Hanoi right at your door. The hotel was spotlessly clean and well maintained. This certainly felt like a home away from home. Can highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows at the back.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

First time in Hanoi and we were really lucky to have booked with Charming 2 Hotel. From the start the email correspondence from Kate was friendly and professional. She made sure we were happy with our booking. When we arrived we were extremely happy with the cleanliness of the hotel and room, friendliness of the staff and exceptional customer service we received. We were celebrating a 40th birthday and received an upgrade upon arrival which was a really nice treat. Everyone went above and beyond our expectations in terms of customer service ensuring our stay was a memorable one. The breakfasts were a la carte and cooked to order. The pho was great and you can basically get anything you want. Great kick start to your day to face the hustle and bustle of Hanoi. The location can't be beat. It's near all the activities in the Old Quarter and French quarter. Special thanks to Mary, Kate and the super helpful front desk and kitchen staff. We will be back for sure!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I only stayed 1 night in this hotel, but I was seriously disappointed to leave (I only left as I was joining up with a tour group). I used the Hotel Pick Up Service and it was fantastic to be met at the airport after 14 hours of travel. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and helped me settle into my first trip to Vietnam.
The location is perfect for exploring the old quarter and as a female travelling alone, the street is well lit and a safe location - I felt really safe walking around by myself. The room was well appointed, clean, a big bathroom and all the mod cons - including a computer. Nice to have a few windows as well (something you take for granted in western hotels but are sometimes scare in Vietnam). Great value for money, excellent breakfast options. I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Whilst the location is great and the room immaculate and ornate it is the quality of the service that wins you over. We had our two kids being made to feel welcome by all staff from the bell boy to the door man to the manager.
The rooms are clean with small things (like fresh fruit on arrival, WiFi and Hanoi information packs) all making the difference. The restaurant was good with a lovely breakfast provided which had both Vietnamese and Western food options.
We must compliment Mary who was exceptional with her service and ideas. The hotel organised a Halong Bay tour and it was also very enjoyable.
I would go back here and recommend this to others.

Room Tip: Probably want to be on a higher floor as there is a some noise on the street at kids sleep time and it is interesting to people watch from the balconies
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family